Windows 10: How to make taskbar theme white while having light mode enabled?

Discus and support How to make taskbar theme white while having light mode enabled? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would like to have an all-white theme, including the taskbar (when you use light mode, the taskbar is black), is there a way to do it? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lzy917, Dec 16, 2020.

1. /u/lzy917 Win User

How to make taskbar theme white while having light mode enabled?

I would like to have an all-white theme, including the taskbar (when you use light mode, the taskbar is black), is there a way to do it?

submitted by /u/lzy917
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lzy917, Dec 16, 2020
  2. kobe406 Win User

White System Tray Icons on White Taskbar in Windows Light theme issue

I have the Windows Light theme as my Windows theme and the system tray icons are white whereas they are supposed to be black

How to make taskbar theme white while having light mode enabled? [​IMG]

Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388)

As you can see the Input Indicator and Clock successfully switch to black but the Network and Sound icons remain white.

kobe406, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Time Lady Win User
    White screen and taskbar

This may be the new light theme which appeared along with 1903, if so try:

Settings>personalisation>colours choose your colours & with the drop-down selection choose custom, this will allow you to choose a white background with a dark taskbar.

Under choose your default Windows mode, select the Dark option This gives a dark taskbar while Choose your default app mode, selecting the Light option will give you a white Windows background.

Time Lady, Dec 16, 2020
  4. DaniRudd Win User

White screen and taskbar

Thank you so much!! This corrected the problem.

Dani

DaniRudd, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. How to make taskbar theme white while having light mode enabled? - Similar Threads - taskbar theme white

2. Taskbar stays on light theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar stays on light theme: As you can see, I actually use the dark theme, but the taskbar somehow doesn't change to the dark theme too. Is this a bug? because before I updated to this version of windows 11 it was okay. I've tried to check for updates again but, it says that I'm up to date.Edition...
  3. Taskbar stays on light theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar stays on light theme: As you can see, I actually use the dark theme, but the taskbar somehow doesn't change to the dark theme too. Is this a bug? because before I updated to this version of windows 11 it was okay. I've tried to check for updates again but, it says that I'm up to date.Edition...
  4. Is there a way to have the search bar in the desktop in dark mode while using light theme...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have the search bar in the desktop in dark mode while using light theme...: So I would like to have File Explorer, Chrome, Apps so on with the light theme applied, problem is when you do this it also makes the search bar appear white in the desktop which I'm not really a big fan of. Is there a registry tweak that I can do to keep the search bar...
  5. White System Tray Icons on White Taskbar in Windows Light theme issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    White System Tray Icons on White Taskbar in Windows Light theme issue: I have the Windows Light theme as my Windows theme and the system tray icons are white whereas they are supposed to be black [img] Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388) As you can see the Input Indicator and Clock successfully switch to black but the Network and Sound icons...
  6. Light theme with windows menu bar white/gray

Light theme with windows menu bar white/gray: Hi, I have a surface pro 4 with windows 1803 and I can't find the light theme nor how to change the colors to light white or gray. The light option is already selected, so the windows have a light color, but the overall menu is still dark. When I try to change the accent...
  7. How to enable taskbar while having autohide taskbar on in desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable taskbar while having autohide taskbar on in desktop: I'm using a tablet so it's easier to keep the toolbar on the right, i have a transparent toolbar, but it's really hard to use when it becomes hidden and disabling autohide eats too much of the screen, how do i keep the toolbar on with auto hide option enabled ? submitted by...
  8. Changing Theme reverts to Light Colour taskbar

Changing Theme reverts to Light Colour taskbar: version 1903 (18362.10006). After upgrading to this version, when changing theme, it defaults colour to "Light" . It used to be "Custom" with Windows Mode "Dark" or whatever my preference was. But now it does not keep this when I change the theme....
  9. How to enable new Light Mode Theme on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable new Light Mode Theme on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 now comes with an all-new Light Mode Theme that gives a light accent color to Start, Taskbar and Notification Area. Apart from this. It brings in a lot of new features and improvements. This new theme is somewhere [...] This post How to enable new...
  10. No option to enable light theme in 1903?

No option to enable light theme in 1903?: It says I have downloaded the 1903 version, but there is no option for light theme in the colours section? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-enable-light-theme-in-1903/7de66b98-a504-4565-b47d-9c7ccb61fa01