Windows 10: How to make taskbar to be always ON TOP? Not TOP location of the SCREEN, please read

Discus and support How to make taskbar to be always ON TOP? Not TOP location of the SCREEN, please read in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I remember there was feature on Windows 7 that you could keep taskbar always on top of other windows. Can't find similar feature on Windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alp Aydemir1, Mar 12, 2021.

1. How to make taskbar to be always ON TOP? Not TOP location of the SCREEN, please read

I remember there was feature on Windows 7 that you could keep taskbar always on top of other windows.

Can't find similar feature on Windows 10 and it's keep bugging me that windows always get on top of taskbar.. I want them to stay UNDER taskbar NO MATTER WHAT.

How can I do that?

The taskbar is on AUTO-HIDE and located at BOTTOM , this is OK for me but when i switch from , for example firefox to chrome or other applications on full screen, the taskbar stays UNDER the application so when i take my cursor down the taskbar won't unhide, i already formatted the PC, still the same issue!

When i press the WINDOWS button the taskbar comes to TOP again, it is really weird.

I also locked and unlocked the taskbar and tried nearly everything, it is really annoying.

Thank you for your assistance.

How to make taskbar to be always ON TOP? Not TOP location of the SCREEN, please read [​IMG]

How to make taskbar to be always ON TOP? Not TOP location of the SCREEN, please read [​IMG]

:)

Alp Aydemir1, Mar 12, 2021

2. Minimize, Maximize and Restore taskbar showing on the top of the screen in Windosw 10.

Hello Valerie,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you taking about the taskbar which is shifted to top of the screen?

• Does the “white bar” show up when you hover your mouse over to the top of the screen?

If you are referring to the taskbar, whose location is now changed to top of the screen, it is because of the changed taskbar settings in the PC.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the taskbar settings and check if the issue is resolved.

• Hover the mouse to the location of the “white bar”, right-click and select
      Properties.

• From the window, select Bottom under
      Taskbar location on screen option.

• Click on Apply and OK
      to check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue persist.

System Maintenance troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts present on the system, and perform maintenance tasks which will enhance the performance of the PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Select View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window after the troubleshooting is complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 12, 2021
  3. How do I get the cortana bar back at the top of my screen (after accidentally closing it)?

Hello, my name is Arif Ahmed, Windows Advisor.

I would be happy to help you.

Please perform the following steps to place the search bar on top.

Step 1: Right-click the taskbar and click “Properties”

Step 2: Under the “Taskbar” tab, find “Taskbar location on screen”

Step 3: Select Top as you want the search bar to be on top of the screen.

ArifAhmed2, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

How to make taskbar to be always ON TOP? Not TOP location of the SCREEN, please read

Taskbar Always On Top

Do you mean it's at the top of your screen? You can click and drag it to the top, left, right or bottom edges of your screen. First right-click on the taskbar and make sure 'Lock the taskbar' is unticked. Then put your pointer over the taskbar, hold down the left mouse key and drag it to the position you want. Now lock the taskbar to prevent accidentally moving it again.

Thema:

How to make taskbar to be always ON TOP? Not TOP location of the SCREEN, please read

1. How to make taskbar to be always ON TOP? Not TOP location of the SCREEN, please read - Similar Threads - taskbar always TOP

2. Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top?: Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-make-the-on-screen-keyboard-not/f9365f97-0277-4d5d-80df-9f9e662e2c5f
  3. Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top?: Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-make-the-on-screen-keyboard-not/f9365f97-0277-4d5d-80df-9f9e662e2c5f
  4. Is there a way to make the on-screen keyboard not always on top?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do you make the taskbar truly always on top on Win11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make the taskbar truly always on top on Win11?: Ive had this issue in Win10 as well, that when I have a window/program behind the taskbar, I open up the taskbar and right click something in it in the tray to the right, it just disappears!I suppose this is in fact a bug, Ive kinda just went by the years hoping some dev at...
  6. How do you make the taskbar truly always on top on Win11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you make the taskbar truly always on top on Win11?: Ive had this issue in Win10 as well, that when I have a window/program behind the taskbar, I open up the taskbar and right click something in it in the tray to the right, it just disappears!I suppose this is in fact a bug, Ive kinda just went by the years hoping some dev at...
  7. taskbar always on top issue

taskbar always on top issue: Hello Guys and Gals, I have a weird issue with my taskbar, it is always on top of everything. What I mean is when I play any game in full screen the taskbar shows on screen. I tried the alt + enter and that does not fix it. I made sure taskbar is not locked and problem...
  8. TaskBar At Top Of Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TaskBar At Top Of Screen: Somehow one of my coworkers managed to change the location of the task bar to the top of the screen. I have been trying to fix it but i have the following issues: -If i right click on the taskbar, "Lock the taskbar" is greyed out and i cannot click it. -If i right click the...
  9. Taskbar STILL not always on top!

Taskbar STILL not always on top!: This is an issue that has bugged me for years. Windows still cover autohidden taskbar! When the taskbar is hidden, and any window is maximized or snapped, the mouse is sometimes unable to trigger the taskbar. I have to shrink the window before the mouse can touch the...
  10. Taskbar Always On Top

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Always On Top: As of yesterday, the Taskbar on my Windows 10 install is always on top. No updates were installed yesterday or the past week so its not related to an update. I'm guessing some registry entry is messing things up. Any ideas? 67895