Windows 10: How to make the game I downloaded accessible to non-admin user as well?

Discus and support How to make the game I downloaded accessible to non-admin user as well? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have downloaded a game while logged into the account in question, but every time the game is opened, it asks for admin approval before running. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/niktedig, Oct 17, 2020.

1. How to make the game I downloaded accessible to non-admin user as well?

I have downloaded a game while logged into the account in question, but every time the game is opened, it asks for admin approval before running.

I've looked around and I'm aware that this is UAC. I've tried changing the owner of the game as well as all of the game files, but that doesn't remove the prompt. I've tried running the game through an elevated task in the task scheduler, but that didn't work either. I've tried giving full control of all the relevant files to the user as well, that didn't work either. I've tried removing UAC altogether, but that didn't work either.

After all that, it still always wants a password before letting the user in.

The only reason that would sort of make sense to me is if the game has dependencies somewhere that it can't access without admin permissions, but I made the whole game folder accessible to the user, so I don't think it's that. If the game has dependencies outside of this folder in some other location, then it sort of makes sense I guess, but it's going to be a pain in the ass to find those.

Is there anything I'm missing?

submitted by /u/niktedig
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/niktedig, Oct 17, 2020
  2. IMA
    ima Win User

ATITool 0.24 in non-admin user

Hmm, strange thing. I uninstalled v0.24 and installed v0.23, which works fine. After I read your advices, I installed v0.24 again and "Voila!", it starts in PowerUsers (non-admin) without errors/complains.
    Thank you for your suggestions and sorry for the post.

3. Access to games

I downloaded a game on the admin account. Other users, one non admin and one admin account, can not access the game. How do I allow them access to the game.

MelissaB97, Oct 17, 2020
  4. DTG1 Win User

How to make the game I downloaded accessible to non-admin user as well?

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

How to make the game I downloaded accessible to non-admin user as well?

1. How to make the game I downloaded accessible to non-admin user as well? - Similar Threads - game downloaded accessible

2. How to make a user admin from regedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make a user admin from regedit: Hi there, I am trying to create an admin account for windows but I cant use any of the methods that other people use becuase I can not open the files that are needed to do that. I can access the registry and the file system externally so I was wondering if I could create a...
  3. How to restrict non-admin users to access This PC app and CMD and powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restrict non-admin users to access This PC app and CMD and powershell: i want to know how can i restrict non-admin users to access This PC app, CMD and powershell. This query is specific to Windows server 2019 and newer versions.Also i want to allot specific storage limit to each users non-admin users....
  4. How to restrict non-admin users to access This PC app and CMD and powershell

How to restrict non-admin users to access This PC app and CMD and powershell: i want to know how can i restrict non-admin users to access This PC app, CMD and powershell. This query is specific to Windows server 2019 and newer versions.Also i want to allot specific storage limit to each users non-admin users....
  5. How do I give a non-admin user access to Disk Management?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I give a non-admin user access to Disk Management?: I have a system with one Administrator account and one non-admin User account. I simply want to allow the non-admin user to access Disk Management for extending a drive into unallocated space. How do I go about doing that?OS: Windows Server 2019 Standard...
  6. How do I give a non-admin user access to Disk Management?

How do I give a non-admin user access to Disk Management?: I have a system with one Administrator account and one non-admin User account. I simply want to allow the non-admin user to access Disk Management for extending a drive into unallocated space. How do I go about doing that?OS: Windows Server 2019 Standard...
  7. How do I give a non-admin user access to Disk Management?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  9. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  10. how do I allow access to a given app for a (non-admin user account)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I allow access to a given app for a (non-admin user account): What I would like to do is allow a user account (other than the administrative account) to access a given app/program, (say the Minecraft launcher for exmpl), without having to re-download the app in that user account, I just want the other account to be able to launch and...