Windows 10: How to make the game I downloaded accessible to non-admin user as well?

Discus and support How to make the game I downloaded accessible to non-admin user as well? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have downloaded a game while logged into the account in question, but every time the game is opened, it asks for admin approval before running. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/niktedig, Oct 17, 2020 at 2:27 PM.

1. How to make the game I downloaded accessible to non-admin user as well?

I have downloaded a game while logged into the account in question, but every time the game is opened, it asks for admin approval before running.

I've looked around and I'm aware that this is UAC. I've tried changing the owner of the game as well as all of the game files, but that doesn't remove the prompt. I've tried running the game through an elevated task in the task scheduler, but that didn't work either. I've tried giving full control of all the relevant files to the user as well, that didn't work either. I've tried removing UAC altogether, but that didn't work either.

After all that, it still always wants a password before letting the user in.

The only reason that would sort of make sense to me is if the game has dependencies somewhere that it can't access without admin permissions, but I made the whole game folder accessible to the user, so I don't think it's that. If the game has dependencies outside of this folder in some other location, then it sort of makes sense I guess, but it's going to be a pain in the ass to find those.

Is there anything I'm missing?

submitted by /u/niktedig
    [link] [comments]

:)

2. IMA
    ima Win User

ATITool 0.24 in non-admin user

Hmm, strange thing. I uninstalled v0.24 and installed v0.23, which works fine. After I read your advices, I installed v0.24 again and "Voila!", it starts in PowerUsers (non-admin) without errors/complains.
    Thank you for your suggestions and sorry for the post.

3. Access to games

I downloaded a game on the admin account. Other users, one non admin and one admin account, can not access the game. How do I allow them access to the game.

4. DTG1 Win User

How to make the game I downloaded accessible to non-admin user as well?

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

How to make the game I downloaded accessible to non-admin user as well?

1. How to make the game I downloaded accessible to non-admin user as well? - Similar Threads - game downloaded accessible

2. Non-admin access to Bluetooth device settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non-admin access to Bluetooth device settings: I used Group Policy to lock down a Windows 10 Pro PC by removing control panel, settings, etc. Access to Bluetooth device settings was affected as a result. I want to single out just the Bluetooth settings so that child accounts can use it. Right now, when a child account...
  3. Access "Safely Remove Hardware" From A RDP Session As A Non-Admin User

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access "Safely Remove Hardware" From A RDP Session As A Non-Admin User: Hello~ Perhaps this has been answered elsewhere, but my searches are failing me this evening. If I open a Remote Desktop session to my Windows 10 laptop and log in as a user that's a member of the Administrators group, I'm readily able to access the "Safely Remove Hardware...
  4. [Help] How Can I Make My User As Admin ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    [Help] How Can I Make My User As Admin ?: Thank you for accepting me joining you in this wonderful forum. In the past few days, I have benefited greatly from all lessons posted by (Brink) to improve Windows 10 performance and it made me have a agreat windows I have a question that I am looking for an answer for ?!...
  5. Application logs for non-admin user win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application logs for non-admin user win10: Hi all, I am using windows 10 machine and wanted to view application logs for non-admin user. But currently, when looking into event viewer I don't see any logs getting generated for non-admin user. Is there a way to do this (setting some registry or global policy)? Thanks....
  6. Admin access to users accounts

Admin access to users accounts: Now that I've upgrade our main machine from xp64 to Win10, I am not trying to restore everyone profile stuff. However, even as admin I can't seem to access anyone's profile but mine. How can i access their profiles so I can load all their stuff back into them? It would...
  7. Rune regedit for non-admin user

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rune regedit for non-admin user: Somehow my ToastNotifications got switched off. Need to have admin privileges to switch it back on. Running regedit as Administrator doesn't work. Have a .reg file, but that has to be double-clicked, so no privileges. Can't set Properties ... Run as Administrator for a .reg...
  8. Script to disable network adapter and USB access permanently for non-admin user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Script to disable network adapter and USB access permanently for non-admin user: Hello, I am looking for a windows/powershell script to disable network adapter permanently (Mostly WiFi adapter) and also disable USB tethering option for internet access for non-administrative users on Windows 7,8 & 10 machines. Tried following: Powershell :...
  9. Create WMI User with non admin privilege

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create WMI User with non admin privilege: Dears, any one can help to create wmi user with non-admin privilege, user will be able to scan all windows computer and can read all information from domain computers? if you can provide me a steps or powershell script! Domain Controller windows 2012 R2 Thanks,...
  10. How do I run as non-admin?

How do I run as non-admin?: I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, and if it has, I apologize. I recently read that running my home PC network as administrator is dangerous and that I should use a local user account. Not knowing where to begin, I added a new account under "Family & other...