Windows 10: How to make the icons look like this.

Discus and support How to make the icons look like this. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] This are how my icons looks like:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GASAYYY, Feb 1, 2020.

1. How to make the icons look like this.

How to make the icons look like this. [​IMG]

This are how my icons looks like:

https://preview.redd.it/mg35coy93fe...bp&s=00d9115b78cba3361bd78c4cd1c96df9f0e1d7da

How can I make the icons look like this:

https://preview.redd.it/kjr993yi3fe...bp&s=0146d84d86e23e5b2b0e2e1ebfe8da66a3c359ce

This is something I really wanted to know because it looks better in the second photo and I think it is more beautiful and aesthetic, but I don't know how to do it that way, I have looked for many tutorials and I have not found the solution to my doubt. Thanks. (Btw if you dont know what I mean is the thing below the icon, if you compare the 2 photos you will see the difference in the icons)

submitted by /u/GASAYYY
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GASAYYY, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Why does all of my folder icons look like this?

Hi,

It is possible that your folder icons have two blue arrows pointing towards each other because the NTFS compression is enabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to disable NTFS compression:

• Right-click the folder you're referring to and select Properties.
    • Under General tab, select Advance button.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attribute, disable Compress contents to save disk space.

How to make the icons look like this. 26affdf1-72c6-4477-9013-2fd3dc999ea8.png

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 1, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. psbecker Win User

How to make the icons look like this.

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

How to make the icons look like this.

1. How to make the icons look like this. - Similar Threads - icons

2. Windows defender icon missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender icon missing: The windows defender icon which well as far as i remember is always there in the show hidden icons tab but now it isnt i remember turning off smth called show defender icon in task manager from startup when i went to check it wasnt there except that everthing is working top...
  3. Windows defender icon missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender icon missing: The windows defender icon which well as far as i remember is always there in the show hidden icons tab but now it isnt i remember turning off smth called show defender icon in task manager from startup when i went to check it wasnt there except that everthing is working top...
  4. Windows defender icon missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  6. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  7. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  8. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  9. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...