Windows 10: How to make the icons look like this.

Discus and support How to make the icons look like this. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This are how my icons looks like: [ATTACH] How can I make the icons look like this:[ATTACH] This is something I really wanted to know because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aitorico, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Aitorico Win User

How to make the icons look like this.

This are how my icons looks like:

How to make the icons look like this. 822dd331-2d09-43bb-a36c-be8dd54a4c03?upload=true.png

How can I make the icons look like this: How to make the icons look like this. 81971f10-aaa4-49d8-be2d-6ff394ef49e5?upload=true.png

This is something I really wanted to know because it looks better in the second photo and I think it is more beautiful and aesthetic, but I don't know how to do it that way, I have looked for many tutorials and I have not found the solution to my doubt. Thanks. Btw if you dont know what I mean is the thing below the icon, if you compare the 2 photos you will see the difference in the icons

:)

Aitorico, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Why does all of my folder icons look like this?

Hi,

It is possible that your folder icons have two blue arrows pointing towards each other because the NTFS compression is enabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to disable NTFS compression:

• Right-click the folder you're referring to and select Properties.
    • Under General tab, select Advance button.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attribute, disable Compress contents to save disk space.

How to make the icons look like this. 26affdf1-72c6-4477-9013-2fd3dc999ea8.png

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 9, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. How to make the icons look like this. - Similar Threads - icons

2. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  3. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...: Hi Team,I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have already tried the troubleshooting mention here where as there is no resolution yet, Please guide.Thanks & Regards,Debalina Das...
  4. I have a user having issue in taskbar generic account icon is showing in windows 11, I have...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win 11 Outlook installed app. Not able to pin email. Pin icon missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Outlook installed app. Not able to pin email. Pin icon missing.: I know about ensuring sort by date needs selected. All the other methods are available. No pin. We use 365 Business Premium. No matter what I cannot get the pin to appear when hovering over the email. I checked, it is there in the web version of Outlook. No update available...
  6. Win 11 Outlook installed app. Not able to pin email. Pin icon missing.

Win 11 Outlook installed app. Not able to pin email. Pin icon missing.: I know about ensuring sort by date needs selected. All the other methods are available. No pin. We use 365 Business Premium. No matter what I cannot get the pin to appear when hovering over the email. I checked, it is there in the web version of Outlook. No update available...
  7. Changing the icons of Windows applications is safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the icons of Windows applications is safe?: Hi. I'm using Windows 11, and I'm doing an extensive personalization of it so I can make it unique and aesthetically pleasing to me. After some work, I decided to theme it like if was Windows 10, because the two OSes aesthetics fit very well. My first step is to change the...
  8. Changing the icons of Windows applications is safe?

Changing the icons of Windows applications is safe?: Hi. I'm using Windows 11, and I'm doing an extensive personalization of it so I can make it unique and aesthetically pleasing to me. After some work, I decided to theme it like if was Windows 10, because the two OSes aesthetics fit very well. My first step is to change the...
  9. One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer: Wish to unlink OneDrive from my computer but cannot find any OneDrive Icon. It is not listed on taskbar options, there is no vertical arrow at left on taskbar to unhide any hidden icons and when I tried the "windows Key+R" and typed in...
  10. One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer

One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer: Wish to unlink OneDrive from my computer but cannot find any OneDrive Icon. It is not listed on taskbar options, there is no vertical arrow at left on taskbar to unhide any hidden icons and when I tried the "windows Key+R" and typed in...