Windows 10: How to make the login account pic transparent?

Discus and support How to make the login account pic transparent? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to make it transparent or to just completely remove it? 56535 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Win10Newb, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Win10Newb Win User

How to make the login account pic transparent?

how to make it transparent or to just completely remove it?

:)

Win10Newb, Jul 16, 2016

2. remove

How do I remove pic's for my Microsoft account,

I keep trying but the same three Pic's keep showing up on my windows 10 login screen?.

Joseph Embury, Jul 16, 2016
  3. How to make pic fit the lock screen?

Have tried many things including shrinking it but it still wont fit the lock screen so I would like to know if there is any way to do it?

paulevans1, Jul 16, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

In Settings/Personalization/Lock Screen you'll need to uncheck 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen',
    then create an account picture the exact same color as that solid color background, (usually your accent color), and apply it.
    (You won't have an image for your sign-in screen)

How to make the login account pic transparent? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 16, 2016
  5. tracit99 Win User
    In builds 14371 and later I have found no way to remove it. For Windows 10 builds previous to 14371 delete ALL images in these folders:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
    C:\Users\Public\AccountPictures
    %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures

This will affect other locations where the user account picture appears such as the Start Menu.
    Note: You may want to just rename the pictures in the event you wish to restore them. If you choose to delete them be sure you have a way to restore them.

I am still searching for a way to do this in the later Insider builds. So far I cannot find where the account picture on the login screen is sourced from. Edwin has a solution, but you must give up your login screen background image.

tracit99, Jul 16, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    You can create an image for your account picture, cut from the exact area of the background image but, it doesn't always 'land' properly when applied;
    plus, the sign-in screen always dims, so it will never be the same color either.

Edwin, Jul 16, 2016
  7. tracit99 Win User
    Good suggestion Edwin. I do not know why MS just doesn't give us the option to show user account picture or not in Settings. I have upvoted this option in the Feedback hub. For me it is a security issue much like the email address appearing on the login screen. We finally got a choice on that one. I have doubts whether we will every get this as option, but one never knows.

tracit99, Jul 16, 2016
  8. Win10Newb Win User

that's pretty clever.. i might try that temporarily until someone finds a way. *Shock

i see. that sucks. windows 10 login screen is *Sick. why do they have to use a fridgin circle as frame, it ruins the perspective of the image. *Sick

hope you'll figure out how to, coz the cringe from lookin at it is killin me. *Zip

Win10Newb, Jul 16, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Your image will be invisible on the Start Menu as well, and perhaps some other places, until you mouse over it.

Edwin, Jul 16, 2016
  10. tracit99 Win User
    Makes me wonder if MS is again using a .pri type file as they did with the Hero background. I hope not.

tracit99, Jul 16, 2016
  11. Edwin New Member
    It definitely has a screening over it!

Cutting a portion with similar gradients from a sign-in screen capture will almost work but it won't size up properly! *Mad

Edwin, Jul 16, 2016
  12. r0wnin Win User
    Can you make a transparent .png or .gif in photoshop with no "picture", just a blank image and use that as your pic.

r0wnin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to make the login account pic transparent? - Similar Threads - login account pic

2. How to make UWP WebView2 transparent?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to make UWP WebView2 transparent?: I am trying to find a way to make the WebView2 in UWP transparent. Tried different ways but BG stays white. I am going to use it in game bar widget that supports full transparency....
  3. How to make UWP WebView2 transparent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make UWP WebView2 transparent?: I am trying to find a way to make the WebView2 in UWP transparent. Tried different ways but BG stays white. I am going to use it in game bar widget that supports full transparency....
  4. How to make UWP WebView2 transparent?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to make windows terminal fully transparent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make windows terminal fully transparent?: [ATTACH] I am using windows version 20H2, the useAcrylic( ) property makes the terminal transparent + blurry. I don't want a blur effect. https://preview.redd.it/gaxwx1ga9mh61.png?width=1629&format=png&auto=webp&s=5d08c4c8a553450c89c79754ba695a161d56d9d1 submitted by...
  6. How to make everything transparent in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make everything transparent in Windows 10: How i can make everything Transparent in windows 10 same like MacOS? windows gave just limited transparency effect please help me. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-everything-transparent-in-windows-10/27407030-7b08-45cf-8cd9-beb07c29cf8d
  7. Facebook Making Pages More Transparent and Accountable

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Making Pages More Transparent and Accountable: [ATTACH] We’re taking new steps in how we handle Page content that goes against our policies. First, starting tomorrow people who manage a Page will see a new tab that shows when we remove certain content that goes against our Community Standards and when we reduce the...
  8. How to make Tiles transparent?

How to make Tiles transparent?: I'm talking about the start menu tiles... Is there a way to make them like half transparent like the tiles in the bottom of the action center? -Thanks! 56940
  9. Is there a way to make account pictures square and/or transparent?

Is there a way to make account pictures square and/or transparent?: Is there a mod or something out there (or a registry edit maybe?) that will make the profile pictures for accounts square instead of circular, and use a transparent background? I have a custom image I'd like to use, but it gets rendered with a black background and parts get...
  10. Remove user account pic at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account pic at login screen: I thought I read somewhere how to do this but can't find it anymore. Anyway, I want to remove the user account pic at the login screen. Not change it but remove it completely so all I have is a clean background (I've already removed the background picture and set it to a...