Windows 10: How to make the pen work in extended Surface Pro display for Windows 11?

Discus and support How to make the pen work in extended Surface Pro display for Windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi MS Team,I extend my laptop display to connect a surface pro which works but my pen doesn't work like it used to after windows 11 upgrade.In windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ad_sun, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Ad_sun Win User

How to make the pen work in extended Surface Pro display for Windows 11?

Hi MS Team,I extend my laptop display to connect a surface pro which works but my pen doesn't work like it used to after windows 11 upgrade.In windows 10, surface pro was seen as a tablet PC, but in windows 11, it's just seen as a display.I enabled the tick box to allow pointing devices and pen etc, but no joy. What am I missing and how to get the pen to work again like it did in windows 10.Any support would be grand.Kind regards,Adal

:)

Ad_sun, Dec 5, 2023

2. Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen.
    I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this.
    Please note tip is not broken.
    Before I purchase a tip kit can someone suggest what I can try to see if it is the tip or something else that is faulty.
    My surface Pro 4 is up to date with all updates including BIOS updates. I use a Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    Thank you.

jaburmester, Dec 5, 2023
  3. Pen tablet not working on extended display

I am a 3d artist and I have to use pen tablet on a regular basis. I use 2 monitors as extended displays. Recently I upgraded my windows to win 11. Now the problem is my pen tab doesn't work on the secondary display, it's working on on the primary monitor. I have tried everything including driver update, graphics driver update but nothing seems working. It was working fine on windows 10.

Can anybody please help me with the issue?

Manojsarkar2, Dec 5, 2023
  4. How to make the pen work in extended Surface Pro display for Windows 11?

Surface Pen not inking after a week

Windows 10 21H1, Surface 7, Surface Pen.

I have undertaken the following steps:

• windows is up-to-date
    • uninstalled drivers (Pen and related, Ink)
    • updated drivers
    • complete shutdown into UEFI
    • changed battery
    • tried alternate pen which worked (friends that worked)
    • tried pen on his surface (failed)
    • changed pen tip (ridiculous step if you don't have the spare tips)
    • connected and reconnected bluetooth
    • cleaned the connectors of the pen as best as I can
    • I've seen a recommendation to update to Windows 11, however I am not comfortable in doing so at this stage. It should be functioning with Windows 10, there is no reason for it not to.
    On two occasions the pen inked for approximately 1 minute, then stopped.

The purpose of my surface was for university this year, but if the pen fails after a week. It will be best to return the various Microsoft Surface, Keyboard, and Pen, and looking into Apple's alternatives. I can't be spending hours (still in support queue at the time of writing) trying to troubleshoot this each time Microsoft's product fails to meet standards...

FriendlyJester, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

How to make the pen work in extended Surface Pro display for Windows 11?

1. How to make the pen work in extended Surface Pro display for Windows 11? - Similar Threads - pen extended Surface

2. How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options?: Hi Team,Step 1 I extend my display by connecting to wireless display.Step 2 my extended display but doesn’t allow the touch screen or pointer or pen on it.I couldn’t do that after I upgraded the laptop from windows 10 to 11. FYI – the extend option used to see my...
  3. How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect surface pro as an extended display with touch and pen options?: Hi Team,Step 1 I extend my display by connecting to wireless display.Step 2 my extended display but doesn’t allow the touch screen or pointer or pen on it.I couldn’t do that after I upgraded the laptop from windows 10 to 11. FYI – the extend option used to see my...
  4. How to make the pen work in extended Surface Pro display for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make the pen work in extended Surface Pro display for Windows 11?: Hi MS Team,I extend my laptop display to connect a surface pro which works but my pen doesn't work like it used to after windows 11 upgrade.In windows 10, surface pro was seen as a tablet PC, but in windows 11, it's just seen as a display.I enabled the tick box to allow...
  5. Microsoft Pen does not work with Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Pen does not work with Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Windows 11: Dear Community,I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 with Windows 11 installed.I used to use the Microsoft Pen when I had Windows 10 installed but now, with Windows 11, the pen does not work.I do not manage to pair it I never had to with Windows 10 and there is no way to connect...
  6. Microsoft Pen does not work with Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Windows 11

Microsoft Pen does not work with Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Windows 11: Dear Community,I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 with Windows 11 installed.I used to use the Microsoft Pen when I had Windows 10 installed but now, with Windows 11, the pen does not work.I do not manage to pair it I never had to with Windows 10 and there is no way to connect...
  7. Pen tablet not working on extended display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen tablet not working on extended display: I am a 3d artist and I have to use pen tablet on a regular basis. I use 2 monitors as extended displays. Recently I upgraded my windows to win 11. Now the problem is my pen tab doesn't work on the secondary display, it's working on on the primary monitor. I have tried...
  8. Pen tablet not working on extended display

Pen tablet not working on extended display: I am a 3d artist and I have to use pen tablet on a regular basis. I use 2 monitors as extended displays. Recently I upgraded my windows to win 11. Now the problem is my pen tab doesn't work on the secondary display, it's working on on the primary monitor. I have tried...
  9. Surface Pen not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pen not working: My Surface Pen is paired and connected to my Surface Book 3; however, none of the shortcut buttons like the eraser and side buttons appear to work. I'm not sure if this problem is associated to the pen's battery or apps interfering with the connections....
  10. Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 speakers and pen no longer working: Hello, My speakers and pen on my Surface Pro 4 both stopped working. Both are installed and recognized, but are not functional. I've updated drivers and reset the Surface but don't know what to do. Can anyone please confirm the drivers for these items? Maybe I can...