Windows 10: How to make the pictures taken with camera automatically save in a specific folder?

Discus and support How to make the pictures taken with camera automatically save in a specific folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, So I've been having some issues with my pictures being saved where I don't want them to be saved. So my device is Surface Pro 7, which has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rahil103, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Rahil103 Win User

How to make the pictures taken with camera automatically save in a specific folder?

Hello,

So I've been having some issues with my pictures being saved where I don't want them to be saved. So my device is Surface Pro 7, which has a camera. Whenever I take pictures using the camera, the pictures automatically go to my Onedrive folder, and the pictures don't even go to the folder named Pictures>Camera Roll, they just appear in Onedrive. Now, this didn't happen at first, but one day I was messing around with the Camera Roll folder and Onedrive and I think I may have accidently deleted the Camera Roll folder, even from Recycle Bin. Could that have been the cause of this issue? Is there a way that I can "tell" the camera app where to "send" the pictures when taken? Like if I create a new folder outside of Onedrive, and name it 'Camera Roll', how can I make the camera pictures automatically save to that folder? Or at least, how can I make the pictures go to the Picture > Camera Roll folder in Onedrive instead of just appearing under no folders?

Thank you!

:)

Rahil103, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Entegy Win User

Pictures taken by the Phone are not Saved in Camera Roll

Err... what? Are you sure you're even taking a picture? The phone makes a shutter sound when a picture is taken, it's not the little beep that indicates focus. Saving pictures taken from the camera cannot be saved anywhere but the Camera Roll.

Entegy, Oct 20, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Yaqub K Win User

How to make the pictures taken with camera automatically save in a specific folder?

upload pictures and saving from camera

Hi,

How are you trying to upload the Photos? Are you using any application software for uploading the photos?

What exactly happens when you try to upload the Photos? Do you receive any error message?

Do you have webcam on your computer? If so, are you using Camera app to click Photos?

All pictures, videos, and panoramas you take with the Camera app are saved to your camera roll. There are different ways you can look at your camera roll.

• Camera app: Will be saved i Camera roll folder.

• Photos app: Go to the Pictures library, and then to the
      Camera roll folder.

• File Explorer: Go to the Pictures folder, and then to the
      Camera roll folder.
    Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. How to make the pictures taken with camera automatically save in a specific folder? - Similar Threads - pictures taken camera

2. How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?: Hi everyone, the screenshots are helpful but when we need it to the right folder, its so difficult. so related to that, how to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?Please answer it soon....
  3. How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?: Hi everyone, the screenshots are helpful but when we need it to the right folder, its so difficult. so related to that, how to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?Please answer it soon....
  4. windows camera will not save pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows camera will not save pictures: The camera app on my Windows 11 Pro v 22.h2 computer will not save pictures. If I try to save a shot, I get a 0xA00F425F error. I searched for how to fix the problem, and everyone talks about going to settings in the camera app, choosing "related settings" and then changing...
  5. windows camera will not save pictures

windows camera will not save pictures: The camera app on my Windows 11 Pro v 22.h2 computer will not save pictures. If I try to save a shot, I get a 0xA00F425F error. I searched for how to fix the problem, and everyone talks about going to settings in the camera app, choosing "related settings" and then changing...
  6. Saving to Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving to Pictures Folder: Totally weird All of a sudden I cannot save pictures from any of my photo apps to Pictures folder. Checked properties of folder and there appears to be Administrator rights for everyoneI get this message C:\Users\angus\Pictures\GARMIN\IMG_6868.jpg File not found Check the...
  7. Save pictures taken with Windows 10 Camera in the Camera roll folder

in Windows 10 News
    Save pictures taken with Windows 10 Camera in the Camera roll folder: [ATTACH]By default, Photos and videos captured via the built-in camera of Windows 10 devices […] This article Save pictures taken with Windows 10 Camera in the Camera roll folder first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Search for photos taken by a specific camera - fixed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search for photos taken by a specific camera - fixed: I was searching for the same question here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/search-for-photos-taken-by-a-specific-camera/718475f8-38df-40b6-9132-16a6b4e76c27 And wanted to post the answer, since that thread is locked. Yes, you can...
  9. Saving pictures to a picture folder

Saving pictures to a picture folder: I went into my pc and opened up the pictures folder. I created a new folder within the folder. I drag and dropped a picture into the folder. I tried to drag and drop a second picture into the folder and it said I couldn't because there was already a file of the same name....
  10. Save As To Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Save As To Pictures Folder: Thanks. I have “tweeted” it not to display Quick Access” in the left panel. Thanks though. Good point.