Windows 10: How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing?

Discus and support How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, everyone. I was testing my registry key of IE 11 Settings. I found the registry key that it didn't have an effect on disabling search suggestion... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shiwan0804, Oct 29, 2020.

1. How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing?

Hi, everyone.
    I was testing my registry key of IE 11 Settings.

I found the registry key that it didn't have an effect on disabling search suggestion of IE11 addon Search Provider Bing.
    My main objective is using the registry key to "disable search suggestion of IE11 addon Search Provider Bing".

The registry key data would change to 0 when I disabled search suggestion or 1 when I enabled search suggestion manually.

But, The registry key had no effect on disabling search suggestion of IE11 addon Search Provider Bing.

The registry key is as following.
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}]
    "ShowSearchSuggestions"=dword:00000000

First picture attached is applied the registry key.

How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing? [​IMG]

Second picture is the real situation.

How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing? [​IMG]

Note:
    "已啟用" meets "Enabled" in Chinese Traditional.

Q.Could you teach me how to disable search suggestion of IE11 addon Search Provider Bing by using registry key?
    Thanks a lot.

:)

shiwan0804, Oct 29, 2020

2. Bing Bar causes IE11 to crash?

Whenever I open IE 11 it crashes. Suspecting it might be an addon, I loaded IE in in-private browsing mode. Sure enough, it didn't crash. After disabling and enabling various addons, I discovered that apparently the Bing Bar addon was responsible. I tried
    updating to the latest version of the bing bar via www.bingtoolbar.com. However, after updating and enabling the addon IE still crashed. Internet explorer and Windows are also both fully updated. I checked the Event
    viewer and found logs which all contained a similar error message.

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.10240.16412, time stamp: 0x55b99447

Faulting module name: WININET.dll, version: 11.0.10240.16515, time stamp: 0x55fa5104

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000c5fa0

Faulting process id: 0x277c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d10d41e7a4939c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WININET.dll

Report Id: 314c01c9-b819-4f46-b932-cc0f51b3325f

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Is this a known issue with the Bing Bar and IE 11 in Windows 10? I am also running IE 11 in 64-bit enhanced protected mode, could that be causing the issue?

P.S.: I made a previous post about this issue here, but I only received one response and have since tried it to
    no effect.

I have already tried resetting IE, running sfc / scannow, and reinstalling the Bing Bar.

Jeffrey McClain, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Bing Bar causes IE11 to crash?

Ok, thanks for the advice. I've tried disabling the Java and Adblock Plus add ons in IE (leaving only the Bing Bar), but IE still crashed. However, I don't see Mcafee listed in the addons list for disabling (even though it's integrated in the browser),
    so I guess I'll just uninstall it and see if that changes anything.

Jeffrey McClain, Oct 29, 2020
  4. dencal Win User

How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing?

Google search results on IE11 fault

Try this....Open Google Chrome....click on 3 bars top right corner....More Tools.....Extensions....untick MSN and BING search engine....this way you use Google Chrome,

To use IE11 open tools cog top right and click on Manage addons...click on Search Providers....down at the bottom find more search providers....choose Google Search...you can change the listing order in Search Providers.

dencal, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing?

1. How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing? - Similar Threads - registry key has

2. Could you please let us know if user has added any addons in IE11 browser then will that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could you please let us know if user has added any addons in IE11 browser then will that...: Could you please let us know if user has added any addons in IE11 browser then will that effect anything in Edge browser having IE mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-you-please-let-us-know-if-user-has-added-any/afe4c4f2-c37c-46c7-a7b1-a2e5a65b2caf
  3. Could you please let us know if user has added any addons in IE11 browser then will that...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Could you please let us know if user has added any addons in IE11 browser then will that...: Could you please let us know if user has added any addons in IE11 browser then will that effect anything in Edge browser having IE mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-you-please-let-us-know-if-user-has-added-any/afe4c4f2-c37c-46c7-a7b1-a2e5a65b2caf
  4. Could you please let us know if user has added any addons in IE11 browser then will that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing?

in Browsers and Email
    How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing?: Hi, everyone. I was testing my registry key of IE 11 Settings. I found the registry key that it didn't have an effect on disabling search suggestion of IE11 addon Search Provider Bing. My main objective is using the registry key to "disable search suggestion of IE11 addon...
  6. Registry not taking effect?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry not taking effect?: I made some changes in the registry lately, but they still haven't taken effect. I rebooted my computer, changed permissions for the registry key, but they still don't work. I am very confused, this key has worked perfectly fine in the past, and I have no idea why it's not...
  7. Windows 10 Audio Effects Registry Keys Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio Effects Registry Keys Missing: So, I was using a batch file to toggle windows sound effects which stopped working a couple days ago. I checked the registry keys that my batch file uses to toggle the sound effects in windows and the registry keys under...
  8. IE11 has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IE11 has disappeared.: I E 11 has disappeared from my desk top PC Nothing I do will reinstall it It does not show up anywhere. Can anyone please advise? Thanks * Original title: IE11...
  9. How to make Registry changes take effect immediately without restart

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Registry changes take effect immediately without restart: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Registry Editor is an in-built utility that comes with the Windows 10 OS. It contains all the low-level hierarchical data configuration for the Windows 10 operating system, its kernel, drivers, the application programs installed on top of it and [...]...
  10. IE11 - Make Default

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 - Make Default: How Can I make IE11 the default please? I have to do this by pressing the option button in edge (...) each time. Help for this old duffer appreciated. 81523