Windows 10: How to make the resolution uniform across 3 monitors with 2 being different than the other.

Discus and support How to make the resolution uniform across 3 monitors with 2 being different than the other. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Dell Thunderbolt Dock with 3 monitors plugged in. The problem is I can't get the same resolution/scaling on all 3. My main monitor is different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bholderb, Jan 22, 2021.

1. bholderb Win User

How to make the resolution uniform across 3 monitors with 2 being different than the other.

I have Dell Thunderbolt Dock with 3 monitors plugged in. The problem is I can't get the same resolution/scaling on all 3. My main monitor is different and higher resolution than the other 2. I feel like there should be a workaround to have them all at a standard scale.

Monitor 1 main: OMEN BY HP 32" 2560 x 1440 display port

Monitor's 2&3: HP E243 1920 x 1080 24" one is HDMI and one is display port

When I try and adjust scale/resolution through the display settings it only allows me to change scale and display resolution for Monitor 1 2560 x 1440. The displays for 2 & 3 are "Frozen" at 800 x 600 and 100% scale. For clarity monitor 1 is great, but monitors 2/3's scale is way too large and not near as sharp.

:)

bholderb, Jan 22, 2021

2. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 22, 2021
  3. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

Hi, I have 2 identical Acer monitors displaying different resolutions and can't figure out how to resolve.

Both monitors are attached to a Dell docking station via displayport cables. The docking station is hooked up to a Dell Latitude laptop via mini usb.

The first monitor is displaying at 2560 x 1440 and the other is at 1920 x 1080. Any help fixing this is appreciated!

Ryan Meredith, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Helmut Win User

How to make the resolution uniform across 3 monitors with 2 being different than the other.

Different resolution for laptop screen/external monitor?

In the first image, just the monitor selections 1. is the Laptop, 2. is the Dell monitor.

In the second image, the drop down box for the laptop built in display indicates 1366 x 768 (native) one only.
    The Dell monitor lists various resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 (native).
    It defaults to the native resolution, you could select a lower resolution and it would scale up or centre etc.

But as I say it just does it. You may have to fiddle about with scaling as your aspect ratios are different.

The third image is mine with your 1440 x 900 on the Dell, and it looks like the preview picture, horrible on mine but again it just works.

You can do the same thing with the Windows Settings as the other images. It's the same thing.

I just did it the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel way to be different.....

Attachment 148188

Attachment 148189

Attachment 148190

Helmut, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. How to make the resolution uniform across 3 monitors with 2 being different than the other. - Similar Threads - resolution uniform across

2. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  3. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  4. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  5. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  6. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions: I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread:...
  7. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions: I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread:...
  8. Making dual external monitors extend across each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making dual external monitors extend across each other: Just migrated from a Windows 10 to a Windows 11 Surface pro 9. Have two external monitors on a dock. Settuings/Devices sees the three monitors, will let me duplicate monitors 2 and 3, but will not let me extend across 2 and 3??...
  9. Making dual external monitors extend across each other

Making dual external monitors extend across each other: Just migrated from a Windows 10 to a Windows 11 Surface pro 9. Have two external monitors on a dock. Settuings/Devices sees the three monitors, will let me duplicate monitors 2 and 3, but will not let me extend across 2 and 3??...
  10. Use an extended background for 3 monitors with different resolutions.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use an extended background for 3 monitors with different resolutions.: I wonder if there is a possibility to use an extended image for 3 monitors? Here in my case they are: 2 x Dell UltraSharp 24 "U2419H 1 x LG 32 "4K UK 550. I use the two Dell below with maximum resolution of 1920x1080 and the LG on top of it with 3840x2160 resolution. As a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. third screen low resolution