Windows 10: How to make the search bar use Google?

Discus and support How to make the search bar use Google? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do i use google for both image and text search? I already have google Chrome as the default browser but it keeps using bing on edge, setting google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DEWDEM, Mar 21, 2021.

1. /u/DEWDEM Win User

How to make the search bar use Google?

How do i use google for both image and text search? I already have google Chrome as the default browser but it keeps using bing on edge, setting google to default engine on edge doesn't work I'm fine with using edge but is there a way to use google for the search bar? If possible i want to use it for image search too

submitted by /u/DEWDEM
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DEWDEM, Mar 21, 2021
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Menemsha Win User
    Two steps to get to Google search bar with favourites, rather than one

Running Windows 10.
    Not familiar with terminology but since having a bug cleared from computer, now when I click the Google Chrome icon on bottom task bar it takes me to google.com.au Then I have to click the + icon at the top to take me to New Tab with blank google search bar at top and the middle with my favourites listed across the top and in the middle.
    In other words two steps instead of one.

I can't figure out how to get to what I had originally with all my favourites listed at first click.

Can someone help me please.
    Thanks

Menemsha, Mar 21, 2021
  4. How to make the search bar use Google?

Google Search bar

How do I restore the suggestions and previous searches under my google search bar? I've checked and web activity is ON and Private Results are ON. All I get is a few unrelated topics under the google search bar. Used to be if I started typing "Pres" and
    I'd been searching on President Trump all morning, my searches starting "President Trump....." today would show. Thank you!

P.S. Google was also anticipating my next words from context but isn't doing this anymore. I'll bet it's an easy fix for most of you out there!

JeffreyWalker1, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

How to make the search bar use Google?

1. How to make the search bar use Google? - Similar Threads - search bar Google

2. Google Search bar

in Cortana
    Google Search bar: How do I restore the suggestions and previous searches under my google search bar? I've checked and web activity is ON and Private Results are ON. All I get is a few unrelated topics under the google search bar. Used to be if I started typing "Pres" and I'd been searching on...
  3. Does anyone how to remove this Google search bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone how to remove this Google search bar?: [IMG] I woke up to this. I am pretty sure I didn't download suspicious apps lately. I searched on the web for answers, but nothing matched to this. I couldn't turn it off with the task manager, web discovery Doesn't exist on this computer, and so on. there is a slight...
  4. Stop Google Search use Google Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop Google Search use Google Account: How do I stop Google opening with Gmail when I don't use it any longer? [Original Title: gmail] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-google-search-use-google-account/fffb9249-827a-4a62-a089-e86b12c9b5dd"
  5. Make Task Bar Search Bar Transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make Task Bar Search Bar Transparent: Hi, After upgrading to Windows 10 1903, I noticed you guys split up the Cortana buttons and the Search bar ("Type here to search"). Because I am on dark windows theme and a light app theme, the search bar is a complete eye sore. It literally is a giant white box amidst a...
  6. How to un-favorite something in google search bar?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to un-favorite something in google search bar?: not sure if this belongs on microsoft answers, but something i looked up that was meant to be in incognito mode wasn't and somehow was favorited, probably via a keyboard shortcut, and i dont know how to look through my favorites. With it favorited i cant delete it from my...
  7. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing: Hello, I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing. I have changed the default browser to Firefox. Used the EdgeDeflector program to use Firefox instead of Edge. Added Google to Bing Firefox addon. If I make a search via Cortana and I...
  8. Google making visual content more useful in Search

in Windows 10 News
    Google making visual content more useful in Search: When Search first began, our results were just plain text. But on February 24, 2000, something changed. It was the day after the Grammy Awards, and we noticed people were searching like crazy for Jennifer Lopez’s green dress. It was clear right away that people were looking...
  9. Make Google Default Search in IE??

in Browsers and Email
    Make Google Default Search in IE??: I've been trying to figure out how to add google search to IE and make it my default search engine. When I go to the add on gallery here: http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/addon...&featuretype=2 and click google, then add to IE, nothing happens. I just found this...
  10. How can I make Cortana use Firefox and Google search engine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make Cortana use Firefox and Google search engine?: It's really pissing me off that they won't let us do this. Can't I edit the file like the registry? Any help? 76448