Windows 10: How to make the small x that appears on notification dismiss them?

Discus and support How to make the small x that appears on notification dismiss them? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; By default x is set to move the notification to action center. I want to dismiss them directly. When windows wasn't activated that x was set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pragyan52yadav, Nov 10, 2020.

1. How to make the small x that appears on notification dismiss them?

By default x is set to move the notification to action center.

I want to dismiss them directly.

When windows wasn't activated that x was set to dismiss the notif but after activation it changed.

PLS HELP ME

submitted by /u/pragyan52yadav
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pragyan52yadav, Nov 10, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Cannot open notifications only dismiss them

Windows 10 Desktop (mouse and keyboard, no touch)

Notifications show up on screen and in the notification centrecorrectly, however clicking anywhere on the notification instantly dismisses it - it does not open the notification. I am being careful to avoid the 'X' button. this happens in both the desktop
    screen and in the notification centre.

Items which appear in the notification centre which have a drop down 'expand' button will expand, but either way, clicking on it dismisses it.

I had thought this was an app problem, but it happens in every notification (USB disk autoplay, Band sync connection, mail etc) I've tried a different mouse (original DID have a dodgy left button I thought might be causing this, but second one gives the
    same results)

This functions normally on my Win 10 Surface Pro 2, and all the notification settings I can see are the same.

Any idea's greatly appreciated.

Martin Crosbie, Nov 10, 2020
  4. How to make the small x that appears on notification dismiss them?

Notifications don't close when I hit the X on the popup

In Windows 10 when a notification toast appears, if I click the X, it only minimizes to the action center instead of dismissing it. How can I get notifications to actually dismiss from one click instead of moving to the action center where I have to dismiss them again?

While trying to Google this problem, I only found posts about hiding or disabling the action center, which is not what I want. I don't want all notifications disabled, I just want my explicitly dismissed notifications to be dismissed.

Richard Robertson, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

How to make the small x that appears on notification dismiss them?

1. How to make the small x that appears on notification dismiss them? - Similar Threads - small appears notification

2. How do I dismiss notifications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I dismiss notifications?: It seems the only to dismiss notifications is to individually click on each one which then opens the appropriate app. If I have say, 15 email notifications I have to click on the email notification 15 times to dismiss it entirely. This is super annoying and there must be a...
  3. How do I dismiss notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I dismiss notifications?: It seems the only to dismiss notifications is to individually click on each one which then opens the appropriate app. If I have say, 15 email notifications I have to click on the email notification 15 times to dismiss it entirely. This is super annoying and there must be a...
  4. Dismissing a notification make my PC switch browsers to Edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dismissing a notification make my PC switch browsers to Edge.: When I dismiss any notification or alarm, my computer switches to MS Edge from whatever browser I'm using. This happened on my Windows 10 PC and is now happening on my Windows 11 PC. I thank you in advance for your help....
  5. Dismissing a notification make my PC switch browsers to Edge.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dismissing a notification make my PC switch browsers to Edge.: When I dismiss any notification or alarm, my computer switches to MS Edge from whatever browser I'm using. This happened on my Windows 10 PC and is now happening on my Windows 11 PC. I thank you in advance for your help....
  6. Notifications have a small icon above them and look odd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notifications have a small icon above them and look odd?: [ATTACH] I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 and ever since, my notifications in action center for some reason have a small icon above them and look different. Here is how discord looks normally vs how mine looks:...
  7. [HELP] Show notifications but make them unclickable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Show notifications but make them unclickable: So as the title says, is there a way to make notifications only display but make them unclickable? I want to do this when I am gaming because when I receive a notification while playing a game I accidentally click a notification and alt-tab me from my game. I know I can...
  8. How a get back a dismissed threat notification in Windows defender?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How a get back a dismissed threat notification in Windows defender?: Hi I, by mistake dismissed a threat notification in windows defender. its not showing up anywhere now. How can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-a-get-back-a-dismissed-threat-notification-in/5c1b298b-b0f8-483d-9533-dbc03a6ac7eb
  9. All notifications in the Action Center are dismissed if I either click on one of them or...

All notifications in the Action Center are dismissed if I either click on one of them or...: After updating to Windows 10 version 1809 all notifications in the Action Center are dismissed if I either click on one of them or leave the action center. Also, when this issue happens I do not see "no new notification" on top of the action center as it appears when you...
  10. All notifications in the Action Center are dismissed if I either click on one of them or...

All notifications in the Action Center are dismissed if I either click on one of them or...: After updating to Windows 10 version 1809 all notifications in the Action Center are dismissed if I either click on one of them or leave the action center. Also, when this issue happens I do not see "no new notification" on top of the action center as it appears when you...