Windows 10: how to make the taskbar auto hide and how to make windows save your settings

Discus and support how to make the taskbar auto hide and how to make windows save your settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; how do you make the taskbar automatically hide, none of the tutorials work how do you make settings actually save? they always revert after I turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/2bullets2furries, Jan 19, 2020.

1. how to make the taskbar auto hide and how to make windows save your settings

1. how do you make the taskbar automatically hide, none of the tutorials work
    2. how do you make settings actually save? they always revert after I turn on/off my computer. for example, I have two monitors, and two different backgrounds. I have set the background to picture, but whenever I boot up my pc it resets to slideshow, and I have to spend 5 minutes fixing everything. other settings change every once in a while for no reason. For example, the task bar auto hiding.
    submitted by /u/2bullets2furries
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/2bullets2furries, Jan 19, 2020

2. Auto hide taskbar not working

Hi Susan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about auto-hiding Taskbar on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to Taskbar settings, try the below and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties
    • Under Taskbar tab, check mark the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2020
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 19, 2020
  4. how to make the taskbar auto hide and how to make windows save your settings

Auto hide taskbar not working

I know how to 'auto-hide'!

IT IS NOT WORKING - the frustrating thing is that this is a known problem and is not being addressed. It may appear to be a small matter but it is not. Wherever the taskbar is situated (top, bottom, either side) it covers part of the screen and is TOTALLY
    annoying!!!!!!!

PLEASE FIX IT and help us all.

SueDavies2404, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

how to make the taskbar auto hide and how to make windows save your settings

1. how to make the taskbar auto hide and how to make windows save your settings - Similar Threads - taskbar auto hide

2. Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?: Hello, i hope you are all well.I have a problem and its driving me mad, i'm running Windows Auto HDR and for whatever reason with that Windows has decided that its a good idea to force some sort of adaptive brightness.On the Desktop just browsing the web is the background of...
  3. Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto HDR Auto Dimming, how to make it stop?: Hello, i hope you are all well.I have a problem and its driving me mad, i'm running Windows Auto HDR and for whatever reason with that Windows has decided that its a good idea to force some sort of adaptive brightness.On the Desktop just browsing the web is the background of...
  4. how to make windows not save network credentials ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make windows not save network credentials ???: helloi did setup a nas server and im accessing it from one pc,this pc is used by 3 users with their uniqe credntials,after first login windows saves first entered credential,how do i make it ask for credential everytime someone try to access the network shared files?i did try...
  5. how to make windows not save network credentials ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make windows not save network credentials ???: helloi did setup a nas server and im accessing it from one pc,this pc is used by 3 users with their uniqe credntials,after first login windows saves first entered credential,how do i make it ask for credential everytime someone try to access the network shared files?i did try...
  6. how to make your taskbar fade into your desktop wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to make your taskbar fade into your desktop wallpaper?: there is any way that the taskbar fade into your desktop wallpaper? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-your-taskbar-fade-into-your-desktop/a1aac00e-71c4-460b-b707-db265763f9cb
  7. How to make the Windows 10 taskbar fully hide?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make the Windows 10 taskbar fully hide?: Hey guys, I am using my LG C9 as my desktop and I am hiding the taskbar to prevent burn-in. I was wondering if anyone managed to make the taskbar fully hide. For me it fully hides sometimes, but a lot of the times a tiny stroke keeps being in the screen as seen here:...
  8. How to PERMANENTLY auto hide the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to PERMANENTLY auto hide the taskbar: It's a freaking bug that let the taskbar not auto hide, to get it working again I need to restart or kill the explorer process and restart it ofc. I even had a fullscreen program running and the freaking taskbar was shown and it wasn't borderless. What cause this bug and how...
  9. How to make auto save work on word when you are unable to make the option work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make auto save work on word when you are unable to make the option work: I am currently working with word on a ipad and i noticed that i was unable to turn on the autosave setting and I was wondering how I can fix that. This problem has risen within the account that I use with my given college email. Would it matter if my college gave me word for...
  10. how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?: Hi! I'm finding the taskbar to be useful in desktop mode (where I tend to be using more apps), but to be a waste of space in tablet mode (where I want a full-screen experience). Is there any way to set the taskbar to auto-hide only in tablet mode? Thanks! Alan ...