Windows 10: how to make the user folder appear on desktop

Discus and support how to make the user folder appear on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i accidentally deleted the user folder and don't know how get it back i did create a shortcut of it but that shortcut icon is annoying on windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thenorthremembers, Sep 5, 2019.

1. how to make the user folder appear on desktop

i accidentally deleted the user folder and don't know how get it back

i did create a shortcut of it but that shortcut icon is annoying

on windows 7 you can right click in the user name and click show on desktop but i didn't find that option on win 10

:)

thenorthremembers, Sep 5, 2019

2. Desktop and user folder merging

Hi,

There are different ways for you to recover the previous folder settings on your computer. One of these is by following the steps below to organize and relocate your desktop or user folder.

• Press Windows key + E to launch File Explorer.
    • Right-click on the special folder that you want to restore (Desktop).
    • Then select Properties.
    • Navigate to the Location tab.
    • Click Restore Default.
    • Then click Apply to save the changes.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Sep 5, 2019
  4. how to make the user folder appear on desktop

Windows 10 - Icons appear on Desktop but not Desktop Folder

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that desktop icon shortcuts does not appear in the Desktop folder in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the above information was helpful. if you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

how to make the user folder appear on desktop

1. how to make the user folder appear on desktop - Similar Threads - user folder appear

2. My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?: First to explain when I noticed it: After fixing a problem with my Desktop I did something to let my Computer think it was D:, fixed it my users/… folder appeared in Desktop folder. I can copy the users/…folder and do other things with it, but I can‘t cut it out and now don‘t...
  3. My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?: First to explain when I noticed it: After fixing a problem with my Desktop I did something to let my Computer think it was D:, fixed it my users/… folder appeared in Desktop folder. I can copy the users/…folder and do other things with it, but I can‘t cut it out and now don‘t...
  4. My users/… folder is in Desktop folder. How to get it back into users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User's Desktop folder in Windows 11; files not appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User's Desktop folder in Windows 11; files not appearing on desktop: New Windows 11 user and computer here. Backed up all my files from Win10 computer to Dropbox; I don't want to use OneDrive. OneDrive installed on the new computer setup. I deleted OneDrive from Add/Remove Programs. I saw the OneDrive folder still in my profile and deleted it...
  6. User's Desktop folder in Windows 11; files not appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User's Desktop folder in Windows 11; files not appearing on desktop: New Windows 11 user and computer here. Backed up all my files from Win10 computer to Dropbox; I don't want to use OneDrive. OneDrive installed on the new computer setup. I deleted OneDrive from Add/Remove Programs. I saw the OneDrive folder still in my profile and deleted it...
  7. all of my user folder items appear on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    all of my user folder items appear on my desktop: [ATTACH]Hi - I did something wrong not sure what and now all of my user folder items appear on my desktop. I no longer have a Desktop folder under my user folder. Can someone tell me what to do to get this fixed? I'm guessing the first step is to recreate my Desktop...
  8. Make folder shortcuts appear before folders?

Make folder shortcuts appear before folders?: Because of the allocation of my files to my hard drive and solid state drive and their respective storage space, I've had to move a lot of things around and create folder shortcuts to keep my method of navigating folders simple as I'm used to. The way I've always named...
  9. Have to use Refresh to make folders and files appear on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have to use Refresh to make folders and files appear on the desktop.: Previously, when I created a New Folder on the desktop it showed immediately. Now, suddenly, I have to right click, and go to Refresh so I can see the new New Folder. The same thing happens if I copy a .txt file to the desktop, I have to use refesh to make it show. I...
  10. Pictures Folder Appearing on Desktop

Pictures Folder Appearing on Desktop: For some reason a folder named “Pictures” (path C;\Users\Jolene\Desktop) comes up when I startup. I then delete it and in the course of a day it just appears 4 or 5 more times. In the folder, there is a "Saved Pictures" folder that is empty. Why is this happening? Thank...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to make file folder appear on desktop

2. how to make a folder appear on a desktop