Windows 10: How to make thumbnail previews disappear quicker when mouse moves off it?

Discus and support How to make thumbnail previews disappear quicker when mouse moves off it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/GoToBed-ItsPast9pm [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GoToBed-ItsPast9pm, Jan 29, 2020.

1. How to make thumbnail previews disappear quicker when mouse moves off it?

/u/GoToBed-ItsPast9pm, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Joel Win User
    Thumbnail preview appears and immediately disappears

I have a problem with the thumbnails of picture files. When I open a OneDrive folder, the Thumbnail preview appears and immediately disappears. It flashes when I scroll down in the folder but as soon as I stop scrolling the thumbnails disappears and the filetype placeholder image is shown again.

this affects all pictures/videos stored in (and only in) OneDrive. As soon as I copy a picture folder from OneDrive to my desktop, the thumbnails in the copied folder work fine.

What I have tried so far (i followed this guide):

• recreating thumbnails cache using cleanmgr.exe
    • deleting the thumbnails cache via command line (del /f /s /q /a %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db)
    • gpedit.msc > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Component > File Explorer > Turn Off Caching of Thumbnail Pictures = Enabled

My System:

• Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    • Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.267)
    • Lenovo ThinkPad E590
    • OneDrive Client Version: 19.123.0624.0002
    • Latest patch level for everything (windows, drivers and applications)

Question:
    What else can I do to solve this problem?

4. How to make thumbnail previews disappear quicker when mouse moves off it?

Preview and thumbnails of pdf files are not available

Hi Michelle, my name is Martin and I'm an Independent Advisor. I'll try to help you here.

Preview and Thumbnails of PDF files can be disabled on your PC . . .

I suggest that you follow steps below to enable this feature

Start Adobe Reader

Tap on Edit in the menu bar and select Preferences

Under Categories highlight General

Put the checkmark next to the box Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer

I also recommend the article - Enable thumbnail of PDFs in Windows Explorer to get further information

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/enable-pd...

Martin Jenkinss, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

How to make thumbnail previews disappear quicker when mouse moves off it?

1. How to make thumbnail previews disappear quicker when mouse moves off it? - Similar Threads - thumbnail previews disappear

2. How To Turn Off Thumbnail Preview in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Turn Off Thumbnail Preview in Task Bar: I refer to this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-taskbar-thumbnail-previews/7439e434-66ca-40f5-a653-ca847bd465a1 and similar.No one of the posted answers work.My question:How to disable RELIABLE the thumbnail preview so only the list...
  3. How To Turn Off Thumbnail Preview in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Turn Off Thumbnail Preview in Task Bar: I refer to this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-taskbar-thumbnail-previews/7439e434-66ca-40f5-a653-ca847bd465a1 and similar.No one of the posted answers work.My question:How to disable RELIABLE the thumbnail preview so only the list...
  4. How To Turn Off Thumbnail Preview in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. turn off taskbar thumbnail previews

turn off taskbar thumbnail previews: [ATTACH] I would like to see the list not the thumbnail previews when I hover a mouse pointer over the taskbar icons. To turn off taskbar thumbnail in Windows 10 pro version 20H2 build 19042.844, I have read the post Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows...
  6. when move mouse in thumbnail in taskbar don't show preview

when move mouse in thumbnail in taskbar don't show preview: hi guys i have a problem in thumbnail in taskbar when move cursor mouse in thumbnail window in taskbar don't show big preview of window looking to this image for Better understand [ATTACH]...
  7. Make the taskbar thumbnails disappear more quickly

Make the taskbar thumbnails disappear more quickly: Hello, When you move the mouse out of an application thumbnail in the taskbar, there is a short delay before it disappear. This delay is very annoying, in particular when you work with softwares which have some buttons on the left side and makes the Windows 10 UI some kind...
  8. Anyone know how to make it so that when you move the mouse away, the thumbnail dissapears...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to make it so that when you move the mouse away, the thumbnail dissapears...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GoToBed-ItsPast9pm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ep9qa8/anyone_know_how_to_make_it_so_that_when_you_move/
  9. task manager disappears when mouse cursor is moved

task manager disappears when mouse cursor is moved: Hi Team, I have windows 10 1903. When I try to open task manager (Ctril+alt+del). It prompts the dialog box and disappears immediately when I move the mouse. I don't have any antivirus installed and no conflicting applications. Is there anyway to resolve this....
  10. Live taskbar thumbnails preview when my mouse isn't over it

Live taskbar thumbnails preview when my mouse isn't over it: Hello guys, Sometimes somehow it does stay on, while I'm doing other things and my mouse isn't over it, so I'm wondering - maybe there is a way to make a live preview of thumbnails always on intentionally? 79928