Windows 10: How to make two accounts completely seperate from each other?

Discus and support How to make two accounts completely seperate from each other? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. So I just got hired for a work from home job and I have started to download the required applications to do the job correctly. Unfortunately,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HorrorSubstance, Nov 18, 2020.

1. How to make two accounts completely seperate from each other?

Hello.

So I just got hired for a work from home job and I have started to download the required applications to do the job correctly. Unfortunately, when I go on my other account (work account with seperate email), what I do there also 'leaks' into my main account. For example I put two video games into a folder on my work account, and then when I went onto my main account, they were no longer on my desktop.

How do I keep both accounts completely seperate? There are a lot of programs that I have to download and I'd rather just have them two seperate accounts rather then them both leaking into each other, if that makes sense.

I'd really appreciate some feedback...love Windows 10 so far!

submitted by /u/HorrorSubstance
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HorrorSubstance, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 18, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to make two accounts completely seperate from each other? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 18, 2020
  4. How to make two accounts completely seperate from each other?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

How to make two accounts completely seperate from each other?

1. How to make two accounts completely seperate from each other? - Similar Threads - accounts completely seperate

2. If I unlink my two laptops from each other via my Microsoft account, will it delete the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I unlink my two laptops from each other via my Microsoft account, will it delete the...: I need to unlink my two laptops to use one for school and the other for games. I'm worried that unlinking/removing the device will clear my data on the removed/unlinked device. I want to keep the data on both devices but without them sharing the data....
  3. If I unlink my two laptops from each other via my Microsoft account, will it delete the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I unlink my two laptops from each other via my Microsoft account, will it delete the...: I need to unlink my two laptops to use one for school and the other for games. I'm worried that unlinking/removing the device will clear my data on the removed/unlinked device. I want to keep the data on both devices but without them sharing the data....
  4. If I unlink my two laptops from each other via my Microsoft account, will it delete the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    If I unlink my two laptops from each other via my Microsoft account, will it delete the...: I need to unlink my two laptops to use one for school and the other for games. I'm worried that unlinking/removing the device will clear my data on the removed/unlinked device....
  5. Two laptops on one MS account - how not to overwrite each other?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two laptops on one MS account - how not to overwrite each other?: I have two laptops. One for school and one for gaming. I use for both the same MS account. Second for gaming was purchased later on. When I configured it, all settings from this machine, incl. desktop, was transferred on the school laptop. I don't want it. I want to keep them...
  6. Two laptops on one MS account - how not to overwrite each other?

Two laptops on one MS account - how not to overwrite each other?: I have two laptops. One for school and one for gaming. I use for both the same MS account. Second for gaming was purchased later on. When I configured it, all settings from this machine, incl. desktop, was transferred on the school laptop. I don't want it. I want to keep them...
  7. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two laptops on network cannot see each other: I have this problem everytime there's a cumulative update. Two laptops on my network cannot see each other. Cannot transfer files from one to another. What does it take to fix this thing for good? Senior citizen on fixed income. Cannot go out and buy new laptops or Windows...
  8. How to install two windows 10 OS in two seperate internal hard drives and keep files seperate?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install two windows 10 OS in two seperate internal hard drives and keep files seperate?: Hi I am planning to install an additional internal SSD in a laptop running windows 10. I have purchased an additional Win 10 Home OS for the second drive and want to set up dual booting. Can this work with both drives running Windows 10 with seperate licences? My intention...
  9. How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN: I have a small network of PCs all connected via ethernet to the same LAN each with unique IP. Every time I switch on the PCs I have a problem connecting to the shared folders on the other computers. Sometimes this can be resolved by entering \\{computername}\ in the network...
  10. two seperate favorite files

two seperate favorite files: there have been two historic favorite files through several years of changing browsers. now with windows 10 the dominate favorites file is a historic one and completely out of date. when I add to favorites default is this old file. I do not how to "merge" the two files....