Windows 10: How to make two windows stack to fill the screen

Discus and support How to make two windows stack to fill the screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As I recall, in XP/7/8 if you have two windows open and opt to stack them vertically, you get them stacked to fill the screen, each taking 1/2 of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spoolin01, Mar 8, 2021.

1. spoolin01 Win User

How to make two windows stack to fill the screen

As I recall, in XP/7/8 if you have two windows open and opt to stack them vertically, you get them stacked to fill the screen, each taking 1/2 of the vertical space.

Now with Windows 10 (I'm a late-comer), when I stack two windows, they stack as if there were 3 open windows, leaving the lower 1/3 of the screen showing desktop.

If I try to stack 3 windows (not something I normally use, just checking to see how it functions), I get them tiled 2x2, with the lower right quadrant showing desktop.

With 4 windows, it tiles them in a 2x3 pattern, with 3 tiles on the right, the lower one showing desktop space.

Bizarre.

Anyone know how to fix this? I just want to be able to stack two windows to fill the screen. Is that too much to ask?

Running 20H2, but have seen this on earlier versions, and more than one PC.

:)

spoolin01, Mar 8, 2021

2. STACK PLAYER REMOVAL

Follow the steps here.

Remove "Ads by Stack Player" adware (Virus Removal Guide)

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. You might be able to skip the step with HitmanPro. (30 day free trial if needed)

Bruce Hagen, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 8, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA Adds Windows 8 to GeForce Driver Update Stack

AMD may have been the first to be out with drivers for its Radeon GPUs that are optimized for Windows 8 (WDDM 1.2), but NVIDIA went a step ahead of "special-releases" for its GeForce drivers, and added Windows 8 to its update stack, meaning that Windows 8 will feature in the list of operating systems to pick from, to download drivers. NVIDIA will constantly update these drivers along with mainline releases for Windows 7/Vista and XP. The latest such driver is 296.17. This driver supports GeForce and Quadro GPUs, and according to NVIDIA, is a quick-update over 295.73 WHQL, with the addition of performance optimization for Blacklight: Retribution.

How to make two windows stack to fill the screen 152a_thm.jpg

Source: VR-Zone

btarunr, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

1. How to make two windows stack to fill the screen - Similar Threads - stack fill screen

2. how to make screen with touch screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make screen with touch screen: how to make screen with touch screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-screen-with-touch-screen/0e13180e-eaab-40c9-a28d-3d8c793d7da4
  3. how to make screen with touch screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make screen with touch screen: how to make screen with touch screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-screen-with-touch-screen/0e13180e-eaab-40c9-a28d-3d8c793d7da4
  4. how to make screen with touch screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to make two windows stack to fill the screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make two windows stack to fill the screen: As I recall, in XP/7/8 if you have two windows open and opt to stack them vertically, you get them stacked to fill the screen, each taking 1/2 of the vertical space. Now with Windows 10 (I'm a late-comer), when I stack two windows, they stack as if there were 3 open windows,...
  6. display not filling screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display not filling screen.: I recently downgraded to a Radeon 5770 and the display does not fill the monitor. I've tried downloading the drivers and changing my resolution but it still doesn't change anything please help...
  7. page not filling screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    page not filling screen: page not filling screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-not-filling-screen/db552469-bb84-46cd-aa6f-0c86a6edcbfc
  8. Screen not filling in built in windows screen recorder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen not filling in built in windows screen recorder: In windows 10 game recorder, when I record games, my games don't record in full screen, the capture appears in the top left corner and what's right of the screen is black....
  9. how to get display to fill whole screen?

how to get display to fill whole screen?: some how my diaplay screen no longer fills the screen on my win 10 mspro4 tablet. can some one tell me how to get display to fill whole screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-display-to-fill-whole-screen/73c557f9-03ff-4a3d-aef3-80e68513e6ea
  10. Make screen fill wide monitor

Make screen fill wide monitor: I'm using a 32" tv as a monitor. The TV has a VGA port and will work with a setting of 1024 X 768 If I go to a higher setting the TV won't accept it. The desktop used to fill the screen from side to side but has changed lately so that the display is a square in the middle...