Windows 10: How to Make User-Agent Changes Persist W/O Adding an Extension

Discus and support How to Make User-Agent Changes Persist W/O Adding an Extension in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I know that we can change the UA of the Edge Chromium through Dev Tools > Performance Tab > Network Conditions ... but this is obviously fleeting as... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by On10, Feb 13, 2021.

1. On10 Win User

How to Make User-Agent Changes Persist W/O Adding an Extension

I know that we can change the UA of the Edge Chromium through Dev Tools > Performance Tab > Network Conditions ... but this is obviously fleeting as once you close that tab or the Dev Tools or basically anything that takes you away from that interface, the changes are lost.

I know there are extensions that can be installed to do this for you per tab and so on, but is there a way to make this persist or change it in the underlying interface without installing an extension? Any help is appreciated.

Shouldn't really matter but in case it does, I am on Windows 10 Pro and running Edge Chromium 88.x - thank you.

:)

2. WojtekSzk Win User

Azure AD Banned Password List without On-Prem Agent

Hi All,

I am considering enabling banned password list for our Azure AD in our hybrid environment and want to ask, how doing that will affect our environment if we do not install the on-prem DC agent, as our on-prem does not meet minimum requirements.

Which password resets and changes will be validated through banned password list and which will not?

Will 'noncompliant' passwords synced from on-prem to Azure AD be causing issues?

TIA,

W

WojtekSzk, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    ie 11 user agent changed to ie 5.5

Hi Roman,

To properly isolate the issue, we need additional information:

• What do you mean by "ie 11 user agent changed to ie 5.5"? Can you elaborate the issue further?
    • Did your Internet Explorer revert back to a previous version?
    • Did someone make changes on your device?

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Anne Ros, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Jakuje Win User

Windows 10 Linux subsystem ssh-agent not persisting added identities

Normally, the ssh-agent runs in your session so it does not close earlier than you logout from your account in Linux.

If you use it from WLS and close the (probably) last window, it does reasonable cleanup and probably stops your ssh-agent, which is reasonable and safe to remove sensitive data from memory.

Just do not close that window (or leave one opened on background ... it might help too). Or configure ssh to do that step automatically when you use the key for the first time. Just write to your ~/.ssh/config

Jakuje, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Make User-Agent Changes Persist W/O Adding an Extension - Similar Threads - User Agent Changes

2. Automatically open notifications w/o user interaction?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically open notifications w/o user interaction?: Is there a script someone has for something like this? submitted by /u/ItalianDon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tyduf0/automatically_open_notifications_wo_user/
  3. Update to Windows 11 w/o changing computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update to Windows 11 w/o changing computers: I understand the reason for the faster processor needed for Windows 11 is primarily for gaming but is there any way to still download without the games and just the other items?...
  4. Update to Windows 11 w/o changing computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update to Windows 11 w/o changing computers: I understand the reason for the faster processor needed for Windows 11 is primarily for gaming but is there any way to still download without the games and just the other items?...
  5. How to dave default Wordpad w/o Registry changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to dave default Wordpad w/o Registry changes: I've run a search and looked at 7 pages but not found an answer. I'd like to save the default settings for Wordpad w/o having to make a Registry edit. I found a possible solution but it doesn't make sense to me. Says to save as a Temp file, then whenever you open Wordpad it...
  6. How to make Windows 10 Explorer to preview files w/o extension?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make Windows 10 Explorer to preview files w/o extension?: I found several links for making Windows Explorer to preview the content of files (in the Preview Pane) with a given filename extension, like ".log" or ".me". However, many open source projects contain text files, like makefile, readme, contributors... without file name...
  7. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  8. How To Make A Bullet Point W/O Numeric Keypad?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Make A Bullet Point W/O Numeric Keypad?: I looked here but perhaps it is still to early in the morning for me to comprehend what I am reading: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+do+you...146-6__&ia=web I am used to a keypad and all I needed to do was to hold down the alt key and hit 0149 and presto a bullet point would...
  9. Taskbar Font Color Change w/o changing themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Font Color Change w/o changing themes: Hello to the community, I've been trying to setup a theme that resemble as much as possible the Windows Server 2012 default appearance. Through some tweaking on the default Aero theme to make it look like AeroLite, like the minimize/maximize/close buttons with black...
  10. Copy Default User Profile W/O Audit Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy Default User Profile W/O Audit Mode: Is there a way to copy a profile to the default profile without using the Audit Mode feature when it was built? I know that the Audit Mode should have been use but at this point it to late to do that now. That got to be some app are "hack" way to still copy a profile to the...