Windows 10: How to make win+r box remember previous commands

Discus and support How to make win+r box remember previous commands in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I always found it annoying when ever I pressed Win+R to enter a run command that it did not remember previous commands. I put this down to a bug as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cereberus, Oct 7, 2018.

1. cereberus Win User

How to make win+r box remember previous commands

I always found it annoying when ever I pressed Win+R to enter a run command that it did not remember previous commands.

I put this down to a bug as other devices remembered them ok.

I finally found out the cause.

There is a switch in the Start Menu to display recently viewed apps in the Start Menu.

If you turn that switch off, it turns off the Win+R box being able to remember conmands as well!

Worse still, this switch is sometimes greyed out in off position, if you have set the switch in Privacy, General to allow Windows to track app launches to off!

What seriously dumb design - who on earth thought this was a good idea, especially as in the past in W7/8, it just remembered.

So for win+r to remember, I have to have the annoying recent apps in Start Menu!!!!

:)

cereberus, Oct 7, 2018
  2. sgage Win User

Win+R does not remember previous text entries

It's remembering previous commands here...

sgage, Oct 7, 2018
  3. CountMike Win User

Just tried and it does remember last and all previous ones.

CountMike, Oct 7, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

I have noticed a minor irritation ie as title says, Win+R is not remembering previous commands - is anybody else getting this issue?

cereberus, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How to make win+r box remember previous commands - Similar Threads - win+r box remember

2. Intel R graphic command center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel R graphic command center: Can i uninstall intel R graphic command center if i have intel R graphic driver? But i delete the intel R graphic driver installer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-r-graphic-command-center/1183993a-7007-42e8-958b-a59f7ef44db6
  3. Intel R graphic command center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel R graphic command center: Can i uninstall intel R graphic command center if i have intel R graphic driver? But i delete the intel R graphic driver installer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-r-graphic-command-center/1183993a-7007-42e8-958b-a59f7ef44db6
  4. Shift+Win+R How to Control Order?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shift+Win+R How to Control Order?: When I use Shift+Win+R to move the current window to the next monitor, is there a way I can control the order of the monitors? Sometimes the ordering it uses is quite awkward, and in addition, if I've got different resolutions/zoom on each monitor it re-sizes the window when...
  5. How to overcome maximum length of 259 characters in Windows Run (Win+R) commands?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to overcome maximum length of 259 characters in Windows Run (Win+R) commands?: I pass onenote-links to win+r. However, some of them are longer than 259 characters and are cutted off. Consequently, they cannot be opened. I already set the LongPathsEnabled value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem from 0 to 1 and...
  6. Enable or disable Run Command (Win+R) box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or disable Run Command (Win+R) box in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post will show you how to enable or disable Run Command (Win+R) box […] This article Enable or disable Run Command (Win+R) box in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to make specific touchpad commands?

How to make specific touchpad commands?: I just bought a Dell XPS 13 coming from a Samsung Chromebook. The chromebook had this neat function that would close tabs when you tap it with three fingers, and open links in a new window with a three finger tap. Can I configure that on my new laptop? submitted by...
  8. plugging in Headphones not remembering previous volume

plugging in Headphones not remembering previous volume: I posted this on tomshardware but had no luck, including original post. Recently without warning or any reason that I could think of something has changed with my headphones, or rather with windows. I used to plug them in along with the separate mic cable into the...
  9. How to make Windows 10 NEVER remember a password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make Windows 10 NEVER remember a password?: Hi Readers, I want to make my Windows 10 never to store any passwords for any WiFi network. How do I configure that within Windows 10 PRO? Thx for readin, Jasper...
  10. RUN command does not remember MRUs

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN command does not remember MRUs: In my upgrade of Win7 to Win10 (winver 1511 build 10586), the RUN command remembers its MRU. However, in a fresh install of Win10 (winver 10240), RUN does NOT remember its MRUs. Importing the relevant registry key from the first into the second, does NOT solve the problem....