Windows 10: How to make Win10 Pro act more like Enterprise when disabling UAC?

Discus and support How to make Win10 Pro act more like Enterprise when disabling UAC? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 7 Pro & Enterprise were very closely related, however, with Windows 10 Microsoft are clearly separating the two and suspect Home & Pro may... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AGTDenton, Oct 9, 2018.

1. AGTDenton Win User

How to make Win10 Pro act more like Enterprise when disabling UAC?

Windows 7 Pro & Enterprise were very closely related, however, with Windows 10 Microsoft are clearly separating the two and suspect Home & Pro may merger at some point.

Disabling UAC in Windows Pro used to run applications like Command Prompt as an elevated user automatically but this is no longer the case. Obviously I can create shortcuts and tick ''Run as administrator' but I'd ideally like that to be on the application itself. Now when I do 'WIN+R' > type: CMD it brings up a non elevated Command Prompt.

Have Microsoft defaulted user permissions somewhere or is there something fundamentally different in the UAC mechanism. When I compare say CMD.exe on Enterprise & Pro the permissions are identical. Is there something deep in the registry?
    Any tricks would be appreciated.

P.S. - Please don't turn this into a 'but you shouldn't disable UAC' discussion. Start another thread if it pains you to discuss the wherefores and whys.

:)

AGTDenton, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

How to make Win10 Pro act more like Enterprise when disabling UAC? 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 9, 2018
  4. ejpalmer Win User

Unable to disable UAC on WIn10

I'm trying to temporarily disable UAC on WIn 10.

I go to UAC and enter the admin password when prompted. I then slide the slider to the bottom, or even 2nd spot up and get a msg:

"You must be logged on as an administrator to do this".

I am in an account with admin privileges. The account or user name is not "Admin" or "Administrator" but I don't think that matters, does it? User names are just arbitrary names like "Bob".

Thanks for some guidance.

ejpalmer, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. How to make Win10 Pro act more like Enterprise when disabling UAC? - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro act

2. Win10 Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Enterprise to Pro: Hello everyone.I have an old pc to be recycled that slmgr -dli shows as a retail channel linked to my microsoft account - so has a digital license product key. I believe it had win7 that was upgraded to win 10 pro. I also have a pc that my university allowed me to keep when I...
  3. Win10 Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Enterprise to Pro: Hello everyone.I have an old pc to be recycled that slmgr -dli shows as a retail channel linked to my microsoft account - so has a digital license product key. I believe it had win7 that was upgraded to win 10 pro. I also have a pc that my university allowed me to keep when I...
  4. Win10 Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Win10 Pro & Enterprise to Win10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB File Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Pro & Enterprise to Win10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB File Share: So I found a strange file sharing behavior (sharing set to password protected sharing), point to point network shown as public network on both platforms, where a login screen for PC using windows explorer will not spawn and using TCP\IP as address, ex. "\\192.168.3.7" in...
  6. Win10 pro become Win10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 pro become Win10 enterprise: I was using win10 home and had a key for win10 pro. I redeemed it and tried to download win10pro from windows store but it keeps having error. I restarted my computer and surprisingly found my Win10 home become Win10 enterprise. How can i fix it ?...
  7. How to make Win10 look like Win7?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make Win10 look like Win7?: Hello, I am using windows 10 since a couple of months now and i cant get used to the new design.... How can i make it looks and feels like win7 ? submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments]...
  8. UAC popups even when uac is disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC popups even when uac is disabled: As always the first thing i do on a windows installation is disable that damn UAC, i don't need windows to add another popup "are you sure you want to run this" when i myself click on an executable to run it. Now, for some weird reason on Windows 10, even with uac disabled it...
  9. File types make win10 act like win7/8.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File types make win10 act like win7/8.: Is there anyway to make file types act more like Win7/8? I am getting tired of setting media file types when the program(winamp,MPC,ect) use to set them fine in admin mode...when you are dealing with dozens of file types do anything manually is a pain. Some file types will...
  10. How to make removable disk act like permanent hard disk in Win 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make removable disk act like permanent hard disk in Win 10 Pro?: I'm setting up a Toshiba Encore 2 Tablet for a family member. I've already updated it to run 32-bit Windows 10 Pro 1607. It came with a very small amount of internal EMCC storage (24 GB available, NTFS formatted), but fortunately it also includes a MicroSD slot, which I've...