Windows 10: How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in

Discus and support How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi All, In good old Windows 7 you could see who was currently signed in on a computer with multiple users. This was displayed on the login Screen. (see... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by johndoe99, Jul 28, 2018.

1. johndoe99 Win User

How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in

Hi All,
    In good old Windows 7 you could see who was currently signed in on a computer with multiple users. This was displayed on the login Screen. (see screenshot)

How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in [​IMG]

But in Windows 10 you can only see the multiple users but not which one is signed in. Which is annoying cause you have to hunt for which user is logged in by other methods.

Does anyone know how to make Windows 10 show which of the users are currently signed in from the Login Screen ?
    thanks

:)

johndoe99, Jul 28, 2018
  2. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Jul 28, 2018
  3. mmortal03 Win User
    Do Not Display Last Signed-in User Name on Windows 10 Sign-in  

I noticed that when doing this, the sign-in screen's background no longer respects the setting of the previous user. Instead, it uses whatever is set by the hidden administrator account. Luckily, TenForums also provides steps for how to login to this account: Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Edit: Nope, this only worked temporarily. It either switched back to a default Spotlight photo after making the administrator account inactive again, or simply changed it back to a Spotlight photo for some other reason.

Does anyone know how to properly change the sign-in screen background color/picture (not the lock screen) when not displaying the user name?

mmortal03, Jul 28, 2018
  4. How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in

No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in

1. How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in - Similar Threads - login Screen display

2. Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...: Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in to admin account and then user profile service fail to login...
  3. Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...: Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in to admin account and then user profile service fail to login...
  4. Other User Account names not displaying on Login Screen in Windows 10 and i cannot sign in...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 login - user not displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 login - user not displayed: I have seen many threads for this issue with many different answers. In my case, using windows education I had an issue with one of my accounts where the login screen was grayed out, so to correct this problem I switched to windows 10 Pro to be able to remove the password...
  6. Windows 10 login - user not displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 login - user not displayed: I have seen many threads for this issue with many different answers. In my case, using windows education I had an issue with one of my accounts where the login screen was grayed out, so to correct this problem I switched to windows 10 Pro to be able to remove the password...
  7. Windows 10 login - user not displayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. User account is not being displayed on login screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account is not being displayed on login screen in Windows 10: Hello All, I opened up and powered up my HP laptop yesterday 8/31/20 and it immediately started doing a BIOS update and Firmware updates. I had been meaning to perform these updates, but I don't use this laptop that often. After it appeared to finish updating, it went to the...
  9. How to make Windows 10 show all local users at the login?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make Windows 10 show all local users at the login?: The previous question was never sufficiently answered. I spent all morning with Micosoft tech support trying to fix one of my afflicted laptops. I wonder if anyone else out there has a solution to this issue. My local user account is not accessible at login. The profile...
  10. How to display multiple local user accounts at login screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to display multiple local user accounts at login screen?: Hello, My laptop is joined to a domain. In addition I created a number of local user accounts. I would like that all local accounts always appear every time I start the computer. Now only the last account logged in shows up, together with the 'Other' option. Kind...