Windows 10: How to make windows 10 look like windows 95/98?

Discus and support How to make windows 10 look like windows 95/98? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; YouTube 144704 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GreenTea, Nov 18, 2019.

1. GreenTea Win User

How to make windows 10 look like windows 95/98?

YouTube

:)

GreenTea, Nov 18, 2019

2. Hyper-V and Windows 95/98?

So, I did try compatibility mode. That will run partly, but it won't work for the SETUP.EXE I need to run for the game to work. That means I either need to get a VM working or that I need to actually build a Windows 95/98 computer. Which of these two paths do you suggest I pursue more than the other?

1. Use VMWare/VBox to try to get Windows 95/98 going
    2. Find the hardware needed to build a Windows 95/98 machine.

"Incidentally if installing under VMware or Vbox remember to install the VMWare tools or VBOX additions to the guest after first logon -- windows 98 / 95 won't know anything about HDMI / 1080p/ 4k Ultra HD size monitors -- that's what the virtual video driver will do - plus better control for sound, mouse, networking and some other enhancements.
    I can assure you it's hideous looking at standard VGA on a big 50 inch 4K monitor !!! That's what you will get if you don't install vmware tools or vbox additions (might be called Oracle virtual box additions these days)."

^This is why I'm leaning more towards actually building a Windows 95/98 system from old parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone else from another source also suggested to me that running Windows XP might be the middle ground for the game to work between Windows 10 and Windows 95. Questions based on this idea:
    Q. Will Windows XP install to an SSd, or for that matter, to an M.2 SSD?
    Q. Is there still a buy-able copy of Windows XP out there?

- - - Updated - - -

Right now I'm downloading VMWare Workstation 15 Pro. Is that the VM software I need?

PCDesignerR, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Programs for a Windows 95/98

Is there any way to run a program made for Windows 95/98 on a Windows 10 machine? I have a lot of kids games for a Windows 95/98 computer for my son with autism, but wondered if they could still be played on my Windows 10 computer. Are there any fixes
    available?

Kelley Smith (ksmith), Nov 18, 2019
  4. How to make windows 10 look like windows 95/98?

Windows 98 problem

why not try to use virtual PC and emulate windows 98 on a XP machine or did someone already suggest that?

brandonwh64, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

How to make windows 10 look like windows 95/98?