Windows 10: How to make windows 10 open the programs and their related windows at the same location on...

Discus and support How to make windows 10 open the programs and their related windows at the same location on... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Each time when I open the different programs that I have installed in my system, then upon opening the programs, windows 10 doesn't remember the size... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CT me, Feb 15, 2019.

1. CT me Win User

How to make windows 10 open the programs and their related windows at the same location on...

Each time when I open the different programs that I have installed in my system, then upon opening the programs, windows 10 doesn't remember the size of the window of those programs also that they were placed at what position on the screen last time, and this causes me distractions when working. So, how can I make such a setting in windows 10 that, the programs open with the same size as they were set the last time and also open at the same position on the screen? (And this should also include the different dialog boxes and other similar things of different programs installed and also of windows itself)

I have tried resizing the windows of some programs, but some programs do not allow resizing their windows. And also, the programs do not open at the same location on the desktop, even after I have moved them from one position to another on the desktop, then having closed them, and then re-opened them.

And how can I ensure that the dialog boxes of windows and other similar things also open at the same place on the desktop?

:)

CT me, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Feb 15, 2019
  4. How to make windows 10 open the programs and their related windows at the same location on...

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

How to make windows 10 open the programs and their related windows at the same location on...

1. How to make windows 10 open the programs and their related windows at the same location on... - Similar Threads - open programs related

2. How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?: Split from this thread.Hello!I'm so sorry I didn't see your response for some reason Microsoft didn't notify me of it:Anyways I solved it by restarting my computer! There were a lot of updates waiting for me; I usually just don't install them immediately because it requires...
  3. How to make file open with no program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make file open with no program.: A while back I accidentally set .viso (virtual iso) files to open with Internet Explorer, how do I change it so NO program opens viso files except VirtualBox or something? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  4. How to open the same program in multiple desktops?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to open the same program in multiple desktops?: Hi, I am using multiple virtual desktops in Windows 10. I want to open a program for example an excel file for work in one desktop. I want also to open another excel file for personal in a second desktop. So I get one excel file on each desktop. how do I do that?...
  5. How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?: When my battery dies, my laptop kind of shuts down, and when I start it after plugging in, it just starts where I left off. I generally don't close my laptop when I don't need, but I need to use my Linux environment in order to develop a software. So I have to restart it....
  6. Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on: Hi there! I am wanting to make it so that my computer will open the program on the same monitor that i launch it from. So if i open it from my left monitor it appears on my left monitor, and if i open it on my right monitor, it opens on my right monitor. Is that possible....
  7. have application window always open in the same location?

in Windows 10 Support
    have application window always open in the same location?: every time I open the "application" the window is always in a different spot, is there any way to get it to always open in the upper left corner, without any 3rd party software? Like a shortcut script or something? any help is greatly appreciated! Windows Version Number...
  8. Location of Programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of Programs in Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 on my PC. All of my programs do not show up in Programs or Programs 86 folders. All programs are also not listed in the Uninstall feature. What folder should programs be in so that I can locate them easily and delete or repair them as necessary??...
  9. windows not opening in the same location

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows not opening in the same location: Hello, How can I get the windows to open in the same location I close them? Very frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-not-opening-in-the-same-location/90a1ce52-069c-4407-9b14-51496bd9e3c0
  10. How To Change Program Files Location In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Change Program Files Location In Windows 10: i am kind of confuse with windows 10 on how to change Program Files Location. i know in windows 7 and windows 8 all i had to do is go to ''HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion'' and change ProgramFilesDir to the hard driver letter to the on that i...