Windows 10: How to make windows 10 work like windows 7 with a menu and no tiles on the screen

Discus and support How to make windows 10 work like windows 7 with a menu and no tiles on the screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to make windows 10 work like windows 7 with a menu and no tiles on the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BruceMiller_531, Feb 22, 2020.

1. How to make windows 10 work like windows 7 with a menu and no tiles on the screen

How to make windows 10 work like windows 7 with a menu and no tiles on the screen

:)

BruceMiller_531, Feb 22, 2020

2. Windows 9 start menu in action

The only real usage issues with Windows 8/8.1 are the Start screen and Charms bar. Luckily they're doing away with the Charms bar and they've brought back the traditional Start menu, but with tiles.

I liked the tiles, but the fact that it needed a whole screen was not very productive unlike Windows 7.

Cheeseball, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Naki Win User

How to make windows 10 work like windows 7 with a menu and no tiles on the screen

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Thema:

1. How to make windows 10 work like windows 7 with a menu and no tiles on the screen - Similar Threads - menu tiles screen

2. How to make Start Menu black with blue tiles/apps? LIKE IT WAS BEFORE!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Start Menu black with blue tiles/apps? LIKE IT WAS BEFORE!!!!: Windows 10 Pro vers 20H2 OS build 19042.630 I picked up my new computer today as my last one had a sudden HDD failure. I am trying to recreate the settings as much as possible. My old laptop had Win10 Home... this one has Pro and with the latest OS version/build. I want my...
  3. How To Make Windows 10 Login More Like Windows XP Or Windows 7

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How To Make Windows 10 Login More Like Windows XP Or Windows 7: How do i make the windows 10 login screen : [ATTACH] look more like : [ATTACH] or : [ATTACH] kind regards, krack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-windows-10-login-more-like-windows-xp/5d396dd0-9366-426c-9e0b-bd6c934c2aa6
  4. Make windows 10 act and look like windows 7.....How?

Make windows 10 act and look like windows 7.....How?: Yes, From everyones experience what would be the best way to make windows 10 look and act like windows 7? thx. windows 10 version: 18363.628 149842
  5. Is there a possibility to make Windows 10 look like Windows 7

Is there a possibility to make Windows 10 look like Windows 7: I've been useing Windows 7 over 5 years and next year i shoud get Windows 10.Now i really like Win10 i have nothing against that operating system i just want to ask is there a possibility to make Win10 look like Win7,like a theme....
  6. How to make Windows 10 look and feel like Windows 7

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Windows 10 look and feel like Windows 7: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 is arguably one of the significant improvement over the previous Windows 7. Being the latest version, Windows 10 has seen a lot of significant improvements in security, performance, and efficiency. It certainly has lots of new features like [...]...
  7. how do i make windows 10 look more like windows 7?

how do i make windows 10 look more like windows 7?: how do i make windows 10 look more like windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-windows-10-look-more-like-windows-7/37996e5e-0c90-4c35-a2a5-bb8873d5f84d
  8. how to make windows 10 look like windows 7

how to make windows 10 look like windows 7: how do you make windows 10 look like windows 7 ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-windows-10-look-like-windows-7/d9858783-2ca2-4a9d-9f34-69c6ef171023
  9. Make Windows 10 look like Windows 7

Make Windows 10 look like Windows 7: How do I make Windows 10 look like Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-windows-10-look-like-windows-7/a4dc9c9a-ef31-4a4e-be15-bf7062ab594d
  10. Start menu search like Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search like Windows 7: Hello, I have lots of files in my pc and I usually search them by typing phrases I remember are containted in them. This used to work fine in windows 7's start menu, but windows 10 does not show all the files. It shows a few in the best match window, and then I have to...