Windows 10: How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted

Discus and support How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This question has been asked before but the 'solution' was not helpful unfortunately so I've suggested a temporary fix below. Windows 11 changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MaggieJ3, Mar 24, 2022.

1. MaggieJ3 Win User

How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted

This question has been asked before but the 'solution' was not helpful unfortunately so I've suggested a temporary fix below. Windows 11 changed the outline in the Task Switcher ALT-TAB to a slim black outline around the selected tile, which is very hard to see against dark backgrounds. Changing the Windows colour scheme in the Personalisation setting isn't helpful, because the colour of the background behind the tiles is dependent on whatever application is open at the time.Atm I've reverted to the ancient Tab Switcher hold one ALT key down, press and release the other ALT key, then TAB th

:)

MaggieJ3, Mar 24, 2022

2. Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

Good morning!

I am having an issue with the Task Switcher (see image below) activating on its own. It then begins to cycle through the open tasks very rapidly. When this happens I am unable to actually select any of the tasks, nor can I close them out. Windows is essentially frozen at this point and I have to restart.

A few things to note:

• I am running Windows 10 Pro.
    • This happens randomly, sometimes weeks between an incident.
    • Sometimes it happens while I am not even working at the computer. I've noticed it after returning to my desk.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted [​IMG]

Konkey Dong, Mar 24, 2022
  3. GinaXYZ Win User
    Problems with Task Switcher

I use Remote Desktop for some programs as I am working at a remote site. I have always used Task Switcher to flick between this and open windows on my local drive - e.g. if i am entering a list of invoices onto the accounts program from an excel spreadsheet,
    I will flick between excel and Remote Desktop.

This has worked fine up to now, but I have recently changed to a new laptop and now when I use Task Switcher to flick to Remote Desktop, my next key stroke doesn't register?! E.G if I typed 123, it would only be recorded as 23.

The implications could be quite disastrous - as an extreme example if I entered a figure on an invoice of £3 million, it would only be recorded as £300K !! Obviously I can edit it, but when running through a long list quickly it would be easy to miss.

***Post moved to the appropriate forum category***

GinaXYZ, Mar 24, 2022
  4. How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted

Task Switcher and Task View Not Working Windows 10

The problem first appeared on one of my offices laptops when the user reported Alt+Tab not working. I verified that it was not a hardware problem. The Alt key and the Tab key both work fine. Other windows shortcuts such as Alt+F4 or Win+D work fine.

I then also noticed that Task View button is not responsive and does nothing. It seems that Task Switcher and Task View are both unresponsive.

Any suggestions or known issues? I couldn't find any resolved cases related to this issue by searching.

Nathan Qualls, Mar 24, 2022
Thema:

How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted

1. How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted - Similar Threads - Task Switcher Outline

2. How to make on screen keyboard letter bigger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make on screen keyboard letter bigger?: My onscreen keyboard has very small letters. I would like to increase their size so they will cover more than 25% of a key area. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-on-screen-keyboard-letter-bigger/3d8d33b0-a552-4ef6-aa00-e82642fcab8e
  3. How to make on screen keyboard letter bigger?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make on screen keyboard letter bigger?: My onscreen keyboard has very small letters. I would like to increase their size so they will cover more than 25% of a key area. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-on-screen-keyboard-letter-bigger/3d8d33b0-a552-4ef6-aa00-e82642fcab8e
  4. How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted

How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted: This question has been asked before but the 'solution' was not helpful unfortunately so I've suggested a temporary fix below. Windows 11 changed the outline in the Task Switcher ALT-TAB to a slim black outline around the selected tile, which is very hard to see against dark...
  5. How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted

How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted: Enjoying Windows 11 so far, but when using the Task Switcher ALT-TAB my poor old eyes are having a hard time seeing the slim black outline around the selected tile, especially against the grey background. Is there a way to customize that outline or background such that it is...
  6. How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Make Windows 11 Task Switcher Outline Bigger/More Contrasted: Enjoying Windows 11 so far, but when using the Task Switcher ALT-TAB my poor old eyes are having a hard time seeing the slim black outline around the selected tile, especially against the grey background. Is there a way to customize that outline or background such that it is...
  7. task switcher on all monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    task switcher on all monitors?: I have 3 monitors and the fact that the task switcher (the window selector that appears when I press alt+tab) appears only on one of them is a bit annoying. Is there a way to make it always show on all monitors? submitted by /u/xerces8 [link] [comments]...
  8. How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make Better Contrast to Make Words Easier to Read: When reading news from many media sites, most headlines are okay, but once clicked on and it goes to the subject matter, it's often light gray color against white background, feel like Im going blind trying to read it. Im non-tech, found places to make changes, but no luck,...
  9. Is there a way to make Desktop+Toolbar icons bigger+more Win 7style?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to make Desktop+Toolbar icons bigger+more Win 7style?: I hate the flat style of Win 10 GUI. Is there a way to make the desktop+toolbar icons bigger and more 3D-plastic/more Win 7 stylish? Peter 75571
  10. How to create shortcut to Task Switcher?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create shortcut to Task Switcher?: In Windows 8 and previous, we could execute the Task Switcher shortcut to programmatically bring up the Alt-Tab window without needing to press Alt-Tab. NOTE: This shortcut is located in: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and is still...