Windows 10: How to make Windows act like an OS and not like a nanny? Problem connecting to a resource...

Discus and support How to make Windows act like an OS and not like a nanny? Problem connecting to a resource... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft You have been making my life more and more complicated with every other major update. I'd very much like to ask you to add an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterTomov, May 22, 2019.

1. How to make Windows act like an OS and not like a nanny? Problem connecting to a resource...

Dear Microsoft

[Rant]

You have been making my life more and more complicated with every other major update. I'd very much like to ask you to add an option to use your OS like an OS instead of a web-client. I didn't purchase Win 10 Pro Licenses to be hampered by my own OS. Generally I prefer using any Linux distribution for work, because it doesn't act like Windows, unfortunately, some machines require Internet Explorer to set-up remotely and for some reason the WinE version doesn't cut it.

If it did, no machine I have control over would run Windows ever again just so I can avoid wasting time.

[/Rant]

Whenever I'm trying to work with some legacy hardware that requires Internet Explorer, I usually run into problems: I'm trying to access 192.168.x.x . While Firefox opens the local address fine without me even having to turn my Wi-Fi on [ or any other Internet connection, for that matter ], IE keeps insisting to search for the address on Bing, Google, or wherever else I set a search engine to. What's worse: It keeps insisting, that I am "Not connected to a network". Sometimes it works, once or twice, which is even more puzzling. It's called a PROTOCOL because it's supposed to be followed. It's not a "maybe sometimes" thing.

Since when does the definition of a network contain mandatory connection to the internet? I'm pretty sure that LAN and WAN are both networks.

Now... basically my question is: How do I make Windows a useful tool instead of an extensive Internet browser? How do I get rid of all the nonsense you people keep insisting on pre-installing onto a Windows Professional version?

I don't need it.

I don't want it.

It makes my job more difficult.

How do I bypass all the nonsensical stuff that keeps asking me for an Internet connection while I'm somewhere without an Internet connection because I don't need one to do my job? [ Yes, yes, google it. I know. I generally do. But this time I came to fix a small problem but I first have to figure out why Windows doesn't want to work properly _before_ I can fix the problem in question. It costs me more time for no good reason. About 5 times as much time as I need to solve a small issue of changing a few settings on a network device ]

And yes, I am very angry, because this isn't the first time your products complicate my work needlessly. It happens every single time by now. As I said previously: If there were no machines and maybe a few applications that need me to use Windows, I'd burn all the purchased Microsoft installation media and use anything except Microsoft products. Either make a product that is useful or provide support for older Windows versions that can actually be used for work.

:)

PeterTomov, May 22, 2019
  2. Morquea Win User

Windows 10 keyboard acting like the Windows key is stuck

Hi

When I try to use any keyboard, may it be hardware or the virtual tactile keyboard and when I press a key like "D", the OS acted like I were using the shorcut Windows+key, like minimizing all windows or activiating the narrator

This problem is not present while on the logging screen.

Morquea, May 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 acting like Windows 7

Hi,

Regrets the inconvenience you have experienced. I suspect the issue might due to the corruption in the user profiles. Let follow the below mentioned steps and see if it works:

I suggest you to add another Microsoft account by following the steps mentioned below and see if the problem persists:

• Click Start,

• Navigate to Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account/> Add a Microsoft account.

• If you have another Microsoft account try to use that or else follow the steps to sign-up for new and switch with new Microsoft account.

• Sign-out from the old and Login with new Microsoft account.
    Once you're sign-in with new Microsoft account, then try to perform the actions and check if the problem still occurs. You can remove the existing Microsoft account from there if needed. Check and see if it helps.

Please ensure to backup you data if you wish to remove your old Microsoft account.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, May 22, 2019
  4. How to make Windows act like an OS and not like a nanny? Problem connecting to a resource...

Jesinta Rozario, May 22, 2019
Thema:

How to make Windows act like an OS and not like a nanny? Problem connecting to a resource...

1. How to make Windows act like an OS and not like a nanny? Problem connecting to a resource... - Similar Threads - act nanny Problem

2. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  3. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  4. Controller acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  5. Controller acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  6. wordpad not acting like it should

in Windows 10 Customization
    wordpad not acting like it should: this is a follow up to someone telling me here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_win10-mso_o365b/how-to-manipulate-ms-words-document-properties /9523f97a-dc70-4510-8dfd-181548ec925d that I should use wordpad if I want to type text like...
  7. Wifi will act like disconnected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi will act like disconnected.: So while playing an online game or just chatting with someone on discord or just anything my wifi will just disconnected. I will still be able to play the game perfectly and stay connected to it and still be able to talk with people on the call but when going over anything...
  8. Acting like a Child Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Acting like a Child Account: My account is now acting like a Child account. It is limiting me - the adult and Family Settings Organizer - on EVERYTHING: web browsing, screen time, applications, etc. Recently, when I tried using Firefox logged in on MY account, a window popped up "Ask for Permission -...
  9. Make windows 10 act and look like windows 7.....How?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make windows 10 act and look like windows 7.....How?: Yes, From everyones experience what would be the best way to make windows 10 look and act like windows 7? thx. windows 10 version: 18363.628 149842
  10. My computers acts like there is a screen problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computers acts like there is a screen problem.: After I updated my laptop this morning, at first I thought my screen was cracked. After carefully looking at it and test a few different applications, I notice it was not my screen. It appears that application symbol look to be tearing. Please help. When I go to the web...