Windows 10: How to make Windows always show login for a specific user account?

Discus and support How to make Windows always show login for a specific user account? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We have two accounts on our Windows 10 pro. Admin and Standard user. Both have different passwords. Issue: If I log in under Admin, say to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ahmd, Jun 29, 2019.

1. ahmd Win User

How to make Windows always show login for a specific user account?

We have two accounts on our Windows 10 pro. Admin and Standard user. Both have different passwords.

Issue: If I log in under Admin, say to install updates, and then reboot computer. Upon later boot the login screen will show Admin for the login. This is confusing for the users of this PC when they try to enter the password for the standard user account.

Question: Is there a way to make Windows show the login screen for a specific Standard user account ALL THE TIME, no matter who was logged in last?

:)

2. techbuzz Win User

Custom Windows user account

I need to create a user account (Windows 7) and have it limited to one website. I also don't want the user to have access to anything else like the start menu and desktop. I want the user to login then be taken directly to a specific website automatically. How would I go about doing this? I've been reading a lot about consoles, but I'm not sure where to start. Thanks

techbuzz, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Jun 29, 2019
  4. How to make Windows always show login for a specific user account?

User account does not appear on login screen

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for keeping us posted with the results and providing us with important details.

To be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more detaisl on the below questions.

1. Did you make any recent software or registry changes to the computer prior to the issue?

2. Were you facing any user specific issues in Windows?

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to login through one of the local accounts and navigate to Settings > Accounts.

If the above does not reveal any user accounts, I suggest you to open Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check if the referred user accounts exists or not. Please follow below.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz

If it still does not help, refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Method 2

Try to revert the operating system to a previous working state and check if the user accounts show up.

Check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

Write to us with the updated results for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

How to make Windows always show login for a specific user account?

1. How to make Windows always show login for a specific user account? - Similar Threads - always show login

2. no users showing at login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no users showing at login: hi whenever i try to change to my personal account and i go to the login screen none of my other users are shown it only shows one account and the rest of the accounts are not there please help...
  3. Windows 10 is always showing the wrong account on the login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 is always showing the wrong account on the login screen: I've had this Windows 10 PC for over 5 years. Windows is fully up-to-date. I login to it, with my Microsoft account, just about every day for work and play. My girlfriend also has an account on this PC. I think she's probably logged onto it a total of two times in those 5...
  4. Previous User account not showing up in login screen after making a new user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Previous User account not showing up in login screen after making a new user: Recently , I wanted to change the Win10 login screen name but I couldn't find out how to do it. So I made a new user profile with admin privilege with my Microsoft account. I don't know if its local or not but I made it by logging in to Microsoft when asked. After making the...
  5. user account always changes while login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user account always changes while login: Every time when I login to Windows 10, a new use account appears. So I have to configure my mail and programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-always-changes-while-login/951aaec5-07a0-4a99-826f-9f167ee49367
  6. How to make Windows always show login for a specific user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to make Windows always show login for a specific user account?: We have two accounts on our Windows 10 pro. Admin and Standard user. Both have different passwords. Issue: If I log in under Admin, say to install updates, and then reboot computer. Upon later boot the login screen will show Admin for the login. This is confusing for the...
  7. Login screen shows always last user and "other user"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login screen shows always last user and "other user": I have two accouts (one domain account, one local account ) on my laptop with Windows 10 pro, Version 1803. The login screen always shows the last user and not the second possible user for choice but "other user". Is it possible to show both, the domain account and the local...
  8. How Do I Make Windows 10 (Home) Show All User Accounts at Login Screen???

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Make Windows 10 (Home) Show All User Accounts at Login Screen???: Hey, Why does Microsoft make stuff like this so hard??? Anyhow, I am servicing someones PC that forgot their password and they cannot access their computer. I've made a second oulook.com account for them and have put it on their computer, only it will not appear at...
  9. How to make Windows 10 show all local users at the login?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make Windows 10 show all local users at the login?: The previous question was never sufficiently answered. I spent all morning with Micosoft tech support trying to fix one of my afflicted laptops. I wonder if anyone else out there has a solution to this issue. My local user account is not accessible at login. The profile...
  10. How to show login screen on a specific monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show login screen on a specific monitor?: I have three monitors. Currently, the login/sign in screen is on the far right monitor. How do I configure so that the login screen is on the far left monitor? 53914

Users found this page by searching for:

1. login to a specific windows account faster