Windows 10: How to make Windows Desktop persistent?

Discus and support How to make Windows Desktop persistent? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! After Windows wakeup from sleep or if I restart Windows Explorer the view of the desktop ist messily. Sometimes I am able to refresh the view,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Erhy, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Erhy Win User

How to make Windows Desktop persistent?

Hello!
    After Windows wakeup from sleep or if I restart Windows Explorer the view of the desktop ist messily.
    Sometimes I am able to refresh the view, sometimes I have to define the order.

Do you know, how to set the desktop view permamently?

Thank you for advice

with Windows 10 Pro 1909 OS build 18363.592

:)

Erhy, Feb 2, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 2, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. How to make Windows Desktop persistent? - Similar Threads - Desktop persistent

2. Issue with Persistent Blank Space Among Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Persistent Blank Space Among Desktop Icons: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm encountering a perplexing problem with my desktop icons. Regardless of how I sort the items, a persistent blank space always remains on the desktop. This issue has been persistent, and I'm uncertain about its origin.To provide clarity, I've...
  3. Issue with Persistent Blank Space Among Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Persistent Blank Space Among Desktop Icons: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm encountering a perplexing problem with my desktop icons. Regardless of how I sort the items, a persistent blank space always remains on the desktop. This issue has been persistent, and I'm uncertain about its origin.To provide clarity, I've...
  4. Issue with Persistent Blank Space Among Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.: I have a Lenovo desktop PC that I bought from Costco a couple years ago. I have had a persistent issue with freezing and the BSOD. I called windows support early on and all they could suggest was to roll back my video card driver to a previous version from like 10 years ago....
  6. Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.

Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.: I have a Lenovo desktop PC that I bought from Costco a couple years ago. I have had a persistent issue with freezing and the BSOD. I called windows support early on and all they could suggest was to roll back my video card driver to a previous version from like 10 years ago....
  7. Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Start menu persistently opening by itself the second that I get to the desktop screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu persistently opening by itself the second that I get to the desktop screen: Every time that I boot up my PC and type in my passcode or wake it up from sleep mode and type in my passcode the second that it gets to the desktop screen the Start menu opens by itself and it has been happening since I got my PC back in early 2021. I have no idea why this...
  9. Persistent Error showing up on my Desktop.

Persistent Error showing up on my Desktop.: What shall I do for this error coming up,''load language fail!!!:System.Exception: can't find english resource:C:/Program Files x86\Toolkit\Resources\Globalization\en-US\LocalizedDictionary.xaml at Omni.Utils.LanguageUtility.LoadLanguageResource at Omni.App.loadLanguage''...
  10. Persistent Error showing up on my Desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Error showing up on my Desktop.: What shall I do for this error coming up,''load language fail!!!:System.Exception: can't find english resource:C:/Program Files x86\Toolkit\Resources\Globalization\en-US\LocalizedDictionary.xaml at Omni.Utils.LanguageUtility.LoadLanguageResource at Omni.App.loadLanguage''...