Windows 10: How to make windows forget usb device as if I had never plugged it?

Discus and support How to make windows forget usb device as if I had never plugged it? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! Windows seems to remember USB devices sometimes. How can I make it forget USB devices? For example if I plug in usb hard drive and I un-assign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MakeW10Great, Sep 7, 2018.

1. How to make windows forget usb device as if I had never plugged it?

Hi!

Windows seems to remember USB devices sometimes. How can I make it forget USB devices? For example if I plug in usb hard drive and I un-assign drive letter manually, it remembers this and does not assign it to this usb hard drive anymore. However, when I plug in another usb hard drive in exactly the same usb plug, it automatically assigns drive letter to it. And when I plug in the usb hard disk which drive letter I manually unassigned it again doesnt automatically mount it.

Where does windows keep that info and how can I delete it? Also is there to make windows not store info about usb storage devices? I mean to make it behave every time I plug some usb storage device (or sd-card) as if I had plugged it for the very first time?

:)

MakeW10Great, Sep 7, 2018

2. USB device not reconized

Hi Henry,

I realize that you get message “USB device not recognized” on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC?

Plug in the USB device into another PC to check if the issue persists. Plug in another USB device into this PC to check if that helps.

Suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if that helps. Once this is done, restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.

Click on “Hardware and Devices” to run the troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Widjaja Win User
    Lightning Storm makes my computer to produce sound of a removable device plug-off

The Aliens are coming.
    First step to World domination, unplug USB devices.

Widjaja, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Ntracs Win User

How to make windows forget usb device as if I had never plugged it?

usb deviced not dectected in windows application

I have an application running in Windows 10. The device is recognized by windows 10 but not by the application.

After the device is plugged into the usb port and recognized by windows 10 the error message in the application appears Device Not Detected

I was wondering if the a resolution to the problem or a list of steps i may follow to debug the problem

Thank you

Ntracs, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

How to make windows forget usb device as if I had never plugged it?

1. How to make windows forget usb device as if I had never plugged it? - Similar Threads - forget usb device

2. My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB device is not working when I plug it in.: I know it is not a USB issue because I've used multiple other USBs and they also don't work. I hear the sound that a USB is in use but I don't see the USB in file explorer. After a while I hear the USB disconnect then reconnect again....
  3. How do I make sure my device never updates to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make sure my device never updates to Windows 11?: Windows has been worse and worse of a product since after Windows XP. Its a lot of work disabling all the new features. There are no circumstances that I would ever want features beyond what XP offered. If I did, I would add them. Some of the features are disturbing such as...
  4. How do I make sure my device never updates to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make sure my device never updates to Windows 11?: Windows has been worse and worse of a product since after Windows XP. Its a lot of work disabling all the new features. There are no circumstances that I would ever want features beyond what XP offered. If I did, I would add them. Some of the features are disturbing such as...
  5. How can i make windows completely forget a headset ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i make windows completely forget a headset ?: Hello, My headset microphone began sounding completely horrible after i did some things, first of all its an headset that plugs in via audio jacks. I did everything i could to fix it. But it still didnt work. My only option would be to make windows completely forget the...
  6. How to un-forget a bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to un-forget a bluetooth device?: I chose to forget my mouse due to it not working. Hoping reconnecting with it would solve the issue. However, after trying multiple times I can't reconnect to the mouse again. It won't show up on add devices or anything. How can I remember the device? submitted by...
  7. How to make win10 Forget a password

in Browsers and Email
    How to make win10 Forget a password: Hi all, I have windows setup so that it asks me if it should remember the "sign in info for this website" and then i click yes or no. Is there a way to make windows forget the information for just one website? I know i can make it forget ALL passwords, but that is not what i...
  8. Force pc to forget device connected via USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Force pc to forget device connected via USB: Hi is there anyway to make my pc forget usb device(ipad in this case) so the next time i connect it is as if it is the first time I’ve connected it...
  9. USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in: Just built a new gaming rig Sunday, haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it but Monday night and Tuesday morning the only issues I had were with some slow networking. Tuesday evening a new problem cropped up - constant USB device connected/disconnected sounds,...
  10. Windows 10 Makes Bing the Rival Google Has Never Had

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Makes Bing the Rival Google Has Never Had: [img] Stats show that Bing significantly improved last month Microsoft's Bing is currently the only search engine that can compete against Google, and thanks to the arrival of Windows 10, which features deep integration of this service, adoption is one the rise in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make windows forget usb device as if i had never plugged it?