Windows 10: How to make Windows Photo Viewer open only search results instead of entire folder?

Discus and support How to make Windows Photo Viewer open only search results instead of entire folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I search for pictures and open in the Photos App, I can use the arrow keys to navigate to the next picture displayed in the search results.However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackJman, Jun 15, 2021.

1. JackJman Win User

How to make Windows Photo Viewer open only search results instead of entire folder?

If I search for pictures and open in the Photos App, I can use the arrow keys to navigate to the next picture displayed in the search results.However, if I open the same picture from search results using Windows Photo Viewer, using the arrow keys just displays the next file in the folder contents, completely ignoring the search results. How do I make Windows Photo Viewer only display the search results when opening an image from search? I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and Photo Viewer did not behave this way in 8.1.The same issue happens when using other 3rd party photo viewers as we

:)

JackJman, Jun 15, 2021

2. Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Unable to unzip pictures to windows photo viewer

Hi Carol,

you might face such issues if the file is zipped.

I suggest you to unzip the file and check.

To do so follow the steps below.

Open File Explorer and find the zipped folder.
    • To unzip the entire folder, right-click (or press and hold) it, select
      Extract All,
      then follow the instructions.
    • To unzip a single file or folder, double-click the zipped folder to open it. Then, drag or copy the item from the zipped folder to a new location.

Reply us with the status of the issue in regards with Windows Photo Viewer. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 15, 2021
  4. How to make Windows Photo Viewer open only search results instead of entire folder?

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

How to make Windows Photo Viewer open only search results instead of entire folder?

1. How to make Windows Photo Viewer open only search results instead of entire folder? - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer open

2. How to get folders to open in a new window ONLY in search

in Cortana
    How to get folders to open in a new window ONLY in search: Hello,Is there anyway to make folders open in a new window by default ONLY when using search in file explorer?I remember in XP there was a separate search tool, when you would search your PC it would give you a list of results much like in Windows 10 but double clicking on...
  3. Search results to find folders only as the default search.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search results to find folders only as the default search.: Hi, I have thousands of client folders on my laptop with tens of thousands of files. I would like to have only client folders found when I use the search function as I am trying to 'find' a particular clients file so I can add/modify/ delete items etc. At the moment...
  4. "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results

in Browsers and Email
    "Showing results for", "Search instead for" missing in Google results: Up until recently, when it met the criteria to illicit such a response, I got those suggestions when running a Firefox google search. Now, It only happens in Chrome. I thought it might have something to do with an alteration in my Google account settings, but if that was...
  5. What to use instead of Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to use instead of Photo viewer: What can i use instead of use instead of Photo viewer/ i use it on w7 to go through the pictures from my cctv cams ideas anyone please? 159268
  6. What to use instead of Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    What to use instead of Photo viewer: What can i use instead of use instead of Photo viewer/ i use it on w7 to go through the pictures from my cctv cams ideas anyone please? 159268
  7. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?: 1. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer? Noticed that it lags when going from photo to photo and when deleting photos. WPV has no such issue. 2. I have WPV enabled by default, but these days it's giving me strange errors. I have 32GB DDR4 Ram, of...
  8. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer?: 1. How to make Photos app as responsive as Windows Photo Viewer? Noticed that it lags when going from photo to photo and when deleting photos. WPV has no such issue. 2. I have WPV enabled by default, but these days it's giving me strange errors. I have 32GB DDR4 Ram, of...
  9. Search Everywhere only opens files, not web results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Everywhere only opens files, not web results: This is referring to the blue "Search Everywhere" panel that slides out from the right, not Cortana or the Start Menu search box. When I type into it, it'll list my local files on the top, then web results underneath. Clicking any listed local file will open that file, but...
  10. Search result - Move folders instead of file

in Windows 10 Support
    Search result - Move folders instead of file: I have done a search for all files with the word e.g. "dvd" in the filename.. It returns a list of files result.. The problems is I want to move the folder/s that contains those files not just the file on it's own.. How can I do this? 72661