Windows 10: How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?

Discus and support How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When my battery dies, my laptop kind of shuts down, and when I start it after plugging in, it just starts where I left off. I generally don't close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ŞahinKASAP, Dec 21, 2020.

1. How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?

When my battery dies, my laptop kind of shuts down, and when I start it after plugging in, it just starts where I left off.

I generally don't close my laptop when I don't need, but I need to use my Linux environment in order to develop a software. So I have to restart it. But the problem is, I am a heavy user, which means I have lots of desktops 5 for now and lots of programs like VS code, Chrome with different users, Python, Trello, Calendar etc. I have to reopen the same programs manually after restart, which is lossy I lost some of things.

In order to achieve what I want to have, I must wait for the battery to die : Is there a way to make Windows save the last state and open to the exact same state every window must be open in the same desktop I left, with the exact same things?

:)

ŞahinKASAP, Dec 21, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 21, 2020
  3. irlandezul, Dec 21, 2020
  4. How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?

Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?

1. How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state? - Similar Threads - start same programs

2. Italian and Spanish, not exactly the same

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Italian and Spanish, not exactly the same: Does anybody knows why I am Italian, I have my Microsoft Account set to Italian, my Windows copy installed is in Italian, my Office copy installed is in Italian, everything is in Italian and....Microsoft keeps sending me mail and alerts in Spanish???It is so disappointing......
  3. Italian and Spanish, not exactly the same

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Italian and Spanish, not exactly the same: Does anybody knows why I am Italian, I have my Microsoft Account set to Italian, my Windows copy installed is in Italian, my Office copy installed is in Italian, everything is in Italian and....Microsoft keeps sending me mail and alerts in Spanish???It is so disappointing......
  4. Italian and Spanish, not exactly the same

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  6. Windows returns to the same exact state after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows returns to the same exact state after reboot: So, I'm using windows 11 on Lenovo Thinkpad E590. The problems started after installing Docker desktop and Splash. It was working just fine when suddenly blue screen of death appeared with syren like sound. After that,I can't do any changes on my pc. I can't install any...
  7. Windows returns to the same exact state after reboot

Windows returns to the same exact state after reboot: So, I'm using windows 11 on Lenovo Thinkpad E590. The problems started after installing Docker desktop and Splash. It was working just fine when suddenly blue screen of death appeared with syren like sound. After that,I can't do any changes on my pc. I can't install any...
  8. Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?: Hi, I am trying to figure out how to create a file with the same name in the same directory. Purely for educational purposes and to experiment around Is there a way to do this? For example: a special character or a command prompt/PowerShell trick. Thanks!...
  9. Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?

Is it possible to create a file with the same name in the same exact directory?: Hi, I am trying to figure out how to create a file with the same name in the same directory. Purely for educational purposes and to experiment around Is there a way to do this? For example: a special character or a command prompt/PowerShell trick. Thanks!...
  10. How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?: Split from this thread.Hello!I'm so sorry I didn't see your response for some reason Microsoft didn't notify me of it:Anyways I solved it by restarting my computer! There were a lot of updates waiting for me; I usually just don't install them immediately because it requires...