Windows 10: How to make Windows treat microphone port as audio out port?

Discus and support How to make Windows treat microphone port as audio out port? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In my PC, I have a faulty audio out port for my 3.5mm jack headphones. Is there a way to configure windows to treat one of the other 3.5mm ports as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eero48, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Eero48 Win User

How to make Windows treat microphone port as audio out port?

In my PC, I have a faulty audio out port for my 3.5mm jack headphones. Is there a way to configure windows to treat one of the other 3.5mm ports as audio out?

:)

Eero48, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

How to make Windows treat microphone port as audio out port? 57016d1485961568t-rear-audio-ports-always-show-not-plugged-sound_2016-01-04_10-36-50.png

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

How to make Windows treat microphone port as audio out port? 485961568t-rear-audio-ports-always-show-not-plugged-realtek_hd_audio_manager_2016-01-04_10-37-04.png

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

How to make Windows treat microphone port as audio out port? 57018d1485961568t-rear-audio-ports-always-show-not-plugged-2016-01-04_10-42-40.png

Tenforo, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

How to make Windows treat microphone port as audio out port?

1. How to make Windows treat microphone port as audio out port? - Similar Threads - treat microphone port

2. How to make Windows treat microphone port as audio out port?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows treat microphone port as audio out port?: In my PC, I have a faulty audio out port for my 3.5mm jack headphones. Is there a way to configure windows to treat one of the other 3.5mm ports as audio out?...
  3. Audio Ports not working???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Ports not working???: Hello,I built in the middle of October my PC and everything is running fine, the only problem is that it only recognises USB and HDMI audio devices. I tried everything with installing the Drivers of the manufacturer, checked the BIOS settings and even updated the BIOS to the...
  4. Audio Ports not working???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Ports not working???: Hello,I built in the middle of October my PC and everything is running fine, the only problem is that it only recognises USB and HDMI audio devices. I tried everything with installing the Drivers of the manufacturer, checked the BIOS settings and even updated the BIOS to the...
  5. Audio Ports not working???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Audio ports not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio ports not working: I've bought a used PC and on the first day of using it 5 days ago, the headphones I was using worked just fine. However, 3 days ago, my headphones stopped working. I thought it was just a headphone issue, so I plugged it into my phone, and it worked perfectly there. So I...
  7. Audio ports not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio ports not working: I've bought a used PC and on the first day of using it 5 days ago, the headphones I was using worked just fine. However, 3 days ago, my headphones stopped working. I thought it was just a headphone issue, so I plugged it into my phone, and it worked perfectly there. So I...
  8. Microphone port on Lenovo desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone port on Lenovo desktop.: I don't know where on my Lenovo PC to connect the microphone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-port-on-lenovo-desktop/d9d5ea07-02a8-44dc-85a3-422f4b2a26b1
  9. Audio ports not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio ports not working: My headphones are not showing up in output. It used to show up as "NVIDIA High definition audio" but randomly NVIDIA HD audio switched to my monitor speakers. I think that my audio port for my headphones is broken or messed up. Any suggestions?[ATTACH]...
  10. Prioritizing microphone port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prioritizing microphone port: So my front microphone jack is busted. Somehow the microphone jack I use to plug it into broke off and is now stuck in there. Whenever I try to use the microphone jack in the back it just doesn’t want to use it so what does is it picks up the messed up audio from the front....