Windows 10: How to manage 2 Marvell RAID PCIe cards during boot?

Discus and support How to manage 2 Marvell RAID PCIe cards during boot? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed Marvell RAID PCIe SATA card and could manage to enter Marvell configuration utility using Ctrl + M. I installed 2nd card and I can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maxima, Jan 27, 2017.

1. maxima Win User

How to manage 2 Marvell RAID PCIe cards during boot?

I installed Marvell RAID PCIe SATA card and could manage to enter Marvell configuration utility using Ctrl + M.

I installed 2nd card and I can see it in Windows using Marvell software and I created RAID successfully..

But I want to rid of this software (it installs loads of things I don't need (Apache, PHP, a website etc)

I tried Ctrl + M again and it only shows Card 0.

How do I manage second card in Marvell Configuration Utility during boot?

:)

maxima, Jan 27, 2017

2. Mounting Raid 0 drives at boot up

Installed windows 10 (actually upgraded from windows 7). Very first boot and all subsequent reboots, the system does not mount a Marvel Raid 0 drive. Drive is installed in the PC (not usb external). Reads other external and internal drives, including the
    boot drive. BUT when I go to the Device Manager and right click on Disk Drives and choose SCAN FOR CHANGES, it finds the drive and everything is back to normal. Also I can see the Marvel Raid mounting during the bios check during boot….as well as the other
    drives.

Any idea on how to make this mount at boot?

SirArmstrong, Jan 27, 2017
  3. PSUHammer Win User
    Intel Intel X58/ICH10R chipset not supported with upgrade from WIndows 7

I have an ASUS Rampage Formula III motherboard with following controllers:

Intel® ICH10R controller :

6 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), gray

Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10

JMicron® JMB363 controller :

1 x eSATA 3Gb/s port(s), red

1 x Power eSATA 3Gb/s port(s), green

Marvell® PCIe 9128 controller : *1

2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), red

Windows 10 did not recognize my RAID 0 array on the Intel controller or my Blu Ray drive. I had to install an older Intel RAPID RAID driver set from what Windows 10 defaults to. Just in case anyone else is having the same problem.

PSUHammer, Jan 27, 2017
  4. How to manage 2 Marvell RAID PCIe cards during boot?

Sorry and it is likely just me.

When you say you installed a Marvell Raid PCIe Sata card is this just the Marvell RAID card and then you attach your storage to this or is there SSD storage built into card.

When I search this term I get two cards but each has ports for drives to be connected too.

I then read your comment that you installed a second card which has me thinking this is actual storage.

If you could help me understand are these actual storage devices or cards to add ports and functionality.

Caledon Ken, Jan 28, 2017
  5. maxima Win User
    I have 2 pcie sata cards with 2 x 2 hdd connected (2 each). The cards are sata controllers. Not a storage..

maxima, Jan 29, 2017
  6. Thanks. Are you sure that the BIOS detects even one, not to challenge you. The CRTL M, as I understand it, for your board is for the Marvell built in controller.

When you see the BIOS messages as you boot can you confirm they are the drives on your cards?

Caledon Ken, Jan 29, 2017
  7. maxima Win User
    Ctrl M is for any marvell. When I ctrl m I can see one card only.

But inside windows I can see both cards using marvell software. And I can use both raids. They are perfectly functional.

What i want is to rid of windows marvell soft and use ctrl m marvel configuration utility during boot only.

That's the point of this post

Thanks

maxima, Jan 29, 2017
  8. How to manage 2 Marvell RAID PCIe cards during boot?

I wonder if this is a BIOS detection issue. CRTL M should be showing you all three controllers as I'm very sure there is one on your board. Not sure if you've customized your BIOS much, if so this idea maybe a non starter.

My thought would be to remove the CMOS battery, wait 20 secs, install and enter BIOS, load defaults, then customize. On mine I have it set to show what it detects as part of the boot, screen flashes, shows drives, then Intel controller.

It may even need the built in one enabled so it can see all. (This is a guess.)

Changing BIOS settings on working system is obviously your call.

I went looking for technical docs on their bios process but that was a bust.

9. maxima Win User
    No mate, nothing like that. First of all the mb has no Marvell on it. The primary on-board controller is Intel and the secondary is Asmedia (as in ass-media, because it cant handle neither CD ROM nor RAIDs - totally useless).

Second - if I disable the Marvell cards in BIOS anyhow, they wont work. Yet they do work marvelously *Wink both of them

I just cannot see them both in the utility.

maxima, Jan 29, 2017
  10. Wow. I mixed you up with someone else. I thought we had the same motherboard strain, Asus P8P67, mine being deluxe rev 3.1. It has the marvell on board. My board also won't boot from CD unless I connect via USB.

Sounds like there is a limitation is software. Are these right from Marvell or are they from a computer vendor, like say Vantec or MSI. The reason I ask as they might be the next logical place to ask, especially about unpublished limitations.

I went to Marvell.com and could click on Support but then they start up with having an Non Disclosure Agreement with them. I did find some technical documentation on a chip but it was 2009 vintage.

11. clam1952 Win User
    Could be the bios can only cope with one add-on controller as using the same resources? I'm guessing here that only the one cards drives are showing during the Post? and ctrl M is only ever going to access the one card.
    May have done better with a 4 port Card.

clam1952, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to manage 2 Marvell RAID PCIe cards during boot?

1. How to manage 2 Marvell RAID PCIe cards during boot? - Similar Threads - manage Marvell RAID

2. Windows PC not detecting PCIe Raid Card on reboot, only after full shutdown??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows PC not detecting PCIe Raid Card on reboot, only after full shutdown??: Hi allI have a custom PC I made with a PCIe SATA Raid controller, which only seems to be detected after a full shutdown and restart, but not when it's just rebooted? Does anyone have an idea why most of the time when I reset my windows 10 PC it doesn't detect the PCIe Raid...
  3. How to correct the Device Manager problematical for PCIe-USB3.0 card

How to correct the Device Manager problematical for PCIe-USB3.0 card: Two PCIe-to-USB3.0 cards that work in a PC with x64Win10ProV20H2, trigger a Device Manager problematical in a PC running x32Win10ProV20H2, even in different PCIe slots. How can I get them to work in the 32bit PC ?...
  4. Marvell 91xx raid in Win 10

Marvell 91xx raid in Win 10: Hello I did recently switched system on my computer from Win7 to Win10 and I do have problems with Win10 not seeing my raid discs. I was able to force it to see them with Driver Booster, but even with it, every time I do switch my computer on for the first time, raid discs...
  5. Memory management makes much marvelous

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory management makes much marvelous: How Microsoft Edge and other applications manage memory Cheers, Drew [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-management-makes-much-marvelous/7f57d0ed-c745-48d7-aa68-db7e5ca20b02
  6. Thundebolt 2 PCIE card issue

Thundebolt 2 PCIE card issue: After updating to windows version 1909 thunderbolt PCIE card stop working. Update the bios to latest version and update the thunderbolt software but it didn't fixed. but when roll back to 1808 it work fine. Any Suggestion will be appreciate. Thanks, Alam...
  7. raid 2 m.2 NVME drives as one using a pcie adapter and NOT loose speed

raid 2 m.2 NVME drives as one using a pcie adapter and NOT loose speed: i am looking to get two m.2 NVME drives and put them in a adapter to merge them as one (a HW raid if you will) i see adapters like this here but im wondering isn't that switching from NVME to sata 3? will i go to sata 3 speed if i use this adapter or similar? my motherboard...
  8. Loading RAID card on boot

Loading RAID card on boot: I installed a third party RAID controller card in Dell Inspiron desktop. When booting, an independant bios-type setup screen is supposed to load before windows in order to set up the RAID disks controlled. However, this setup screen never shows up, and boot goes straight to...
  9. Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot

Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot: Here is something I recently found out. I have tired this and it works. You can use a PCIe x1 card, or a PCIe x4 card in a PCIe x16 slot. They work fine. So if you think you are short of PCI-e slots, you may not be. A shorter PCIe card works fine in a longer slot. On...
  10. Adding a SATA RAID card

Adding a SATA RAID card: I'm wondering if I've made a schoolboy error here... I'm trying to add more disks to my desktop and have run out of SATA ports the motherboard has 6. I've just added a SATA RAID card (Semlos 4 Ports PCI Sata Internal Raid Controller Card Sil3114 Chipset with 2 Sata...