Windows 10: How to manage AutoComplete

Discus and support How to manage AutoComplete in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I manage or modify AutoComplete in Outlook / Hotmail, when I start typing? Some letters go right to people I don't want to send an email to /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 52210-203PM, Mar 20, 2020.

1. How to manage AutoComplete

How can I manage or modify AutoComplete in Outlook / Hotmail, when I start typing? Some letters go right to people I don't want to send an email to / ever again! There must be a way to fix this!

:)

52210-203PM, Mar 20, 2020

2. Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files

I cannot find a way to delete/edit the autocomplete list displayed when editing the metadata on pictures. I get a list of previous entries (some of which are just plain junk) and would like to delete those as suggestions. I tried the steps with the following
    link and did not have any success. I do not have a AUTOCOMPLETE listing under "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer".

The locked thread for a similar question under Windows Vista:

Edit autocomplete drop-down list for genre metadata in music files

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Z. Patton, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Deb240 Win User
    autocomplete list in windows 10 mail app

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app? I have a name that appears in the autocomplete list that I don't see in my Peoples app; thus I'm not able to delete the name by going to the Peoples app. The suggested autocomplete
    address is no longer an active address thus I would like it removed from the autocomplete list.

Deb240, Mar 20, 2020
  4. How to manage AutoComplete

Microsoft Mail- Autocomplete

Hi StanFeinsod,

Greetings, I'm glad to follow up this thread for you, based on your description,
    if you want to remove entries from the AutoComplete cache, you can try the following steps to get this goal.

1. Open a new email message.
    2. Type the first few characters of the AutoComplete entry that you want to remove.
    3. When the entry appears in the list of suggested names, move your mouse pointer over the name until it becomes highlighted, but do not click the name.
    4. There will be "X" icon appears next to the highlighted name, click X to remove the name from the auto-complete list.

How to manage AutoComplete 72852c81-13c6-40ba-912a-44449b202c4b?upload=true.png

In addition, you can also try to empty Auto-Complete List if you need. Please see:

Information about the Outlook AutoComplete list

Regards,

Bryan

Bryan Cheng MSFT, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

How to manage AutoComplete

1. How to manage AutoComplete - Similar Threads - manage AutoComplete

2. how come my processes don't show in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how come my processes don't show in task manager: how come my processes don't show in task manager like they use to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-come-my-processes-dont-show-in-task-manager/300e17fb-e1f7-4012-aeca-1ccd6bec8822
  3. how come my processes don't show in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how come my processes don't show in task manager: how come my processes don't show in task manager like they use to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-come-my-processes-dont-show-in-task-manager/300e17fb-e1f7-4012-aeca-1ccd6bec8822
  4. how come my processes don't show in task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver: Bluetooth not recognising discoverable devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-device-manager-does-not-show-bluetooth/1d706c57-9a39-421c-8619-a5257cd45bf5
  6. windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver

windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver: Bluetooth not recognising discoverable devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-device-manager-does-not-show-bluetooth/1d706c57-9a39-421c-8619-a5257cd45bf5
  7. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not: On websites and videos I noticed people talk about changing settings for Virtual memory in Windows 10.They say it is ok to change the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile physical memory also on the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for...
  8. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not: On websites and videos I noticed people talk about changing settings for Virtual memory in Windows 10.They say it is ok to change the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile physical memory also on the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for...
  9. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...