Windows 10: How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser

Discus and support How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Having a place where you can save websites and links that are frequently visited by you is a feature present across browsers running on all Operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 2, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser

Having a place where you can save websites and links that are frequently visited by you is a feature present across browsers running on all Operating Systems. This functionality may be named differently but works in a similar capacity most of the time; you find a link to be useful and you ‘save’ it for […]

This article How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 2, 2021

2. Microsoft Edge Favorites

Hello,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

• Can you clarify what you meant by reinstalling favorites in Microsoft Edge?
    • What are the steps you have done to resolve this?
    You can import favorites you've saved from a different web browser to Microsoft Edge. You might want to consider importing these and check if the same thing happens. Click this
    link for the steps.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Apr 2, 2021
  3. How are Favorites managed in Edge

Hi Woodpitch,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Based on the description, the manage option in edge is same as Internet explorer. You can manage the same favorites which you have in internet explorer. You can also try importing all the favorites from Internet explorer to Microsoft edge. Follow the
    below steps.

Step 1.

To export the favorites at first try importing the favorites. Follow the below given steps.

• Open internet explorer and press
      Alt key + C.

• Now press Alt + Z and select
      Import and export.

• Now check on export to a file and click on
      Next, check on Favorites and click on
      Next.

• Select a favorite file/folder that you want to export and click onNext.

• Now click on browse, select a place where you want to save the favorites and select
      Export.
    Once the export is done now let’s try to import the favorites.

• Open internet explorer and press
      Alt key + C.

• Now press Alt + Z and select
      Import and export.

• Check on Import from a file and click on
      Next, check on Favorites and click on
      Next.

• Now click on browse, select the place where you have save the favorites and click onopen.

• Click on next
      and select folder where you want to import the favorite on the internet explorer.

• Now click import and click on
      Finish
      once import is done.
    Step 2.

To import the favorites form Internet explorer to Microsoft edge.

• Open the Microsoft edge,
      click on () button and click on
      settings.

• Now click on Import Favorites from another browser.

• Check on Internet explorer and click on
      Imports.
    For more information you can visit the below link.

Microsoft Edge help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help

Billion Debbarma, Apr 2, 2021
  4. How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser

How to import the Favorites to Microsoft Edge?

Hi Starcia,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the Favorites and Browser history got deleted on Microsoft Edge. I will certainly help you.

Did you clear the Browser history prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to restore the Favorites and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Check Favorites folder in User profile

1. Open File Explorer or press Windows logo + E
    keys.

2. Navigate to C drive > Users >
    Select your User profile > Favorites.

3. If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.

Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

1. Launch the Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Click on Favorites and select Favorites settings.

3. Click on Import.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser

1. How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser - Similar Threads - manage Favorites Microsoft

2. How to remove Duplicate Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Duplicate Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]This tutorial will show you how to delete duplicate Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser. […] This article How to remove Duplicate Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  4. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  5. Favorites deleted from edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Favorites deleted from edge browser: HI, I updated windows 10 to the latest release and my favorites were deleted from edge.Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-deleted-from-edge-browser/5e10b64b-b8eb-4b55-b14d-383405f1e42c"
  6. How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium: How to: How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create...
  7. How to export favorites from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to export favorites from Edge browser: After the "November update" to Windows 10, the Edge browser no longer uses a folder structure to store favorites. Instead, it now uses an Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) database. So, that means you can no longer just do a copy-n-paste in an attempt to export your favorites....
  8. Microsoft Edge Favorites management HELP !

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favorites management HELP !: ​Everytime I use drag and drop to move around Favorites, the bar gets dimmed and I get a message saying "Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing. If you close Microsoft Edge, some items might not be shared". At this point, the solution is to close the Edge browser. Can...
  9. Managing favorites in edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Managing favorites in edge browser?: How do I manage my favorites in the new Edge browser? I accidently moved a favorites folder into another favorites folder & I don't know how to get the folder out of the other folder? Thanks 12466
  10. How do you bulk manage Microsoft Edge favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    How do you bulk manage Microsoft Edge favorites?: Apparently, they've moved away from the simple "Links as Files in Folders" storage method. Is there some in-app feature that allows for quick organization of favorites? 89432