Windows 10: How to manually download and install Windows 10 cumulative updates

Discus and support How to manually download and install Windows 10 cumulative updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 as a service is updated frequently with improvements, fixes, and security patches. On every second Tuesday of the month, a compulsory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 28, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to manually download and install Windows 10 cumulative updates

Windows 10 as a service is updated frequently with improvements, fixes, and security patches. On every second Tuesday of the month, a compulsory Windows 10 update is released and optional updates are also shipped every month.

Windows Updates are normally installed automatically in the background. If the system finds any updates, it usually downloads and installs them automatically, but sometimes updates may not appear on your computer.

Fortunately, Microsoft allows users to manually download Windows 10 cumulative updates and security-only updates. You can use Microsoft’s Update Catalog to quickly install a cumulative update on your PC if it’s not showing through the preferred Windows Update method.

In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to download and install Windows 10 cumulative update manually.

How to download cumulative updates manually on Windows 10

1. Go to Microsoft Update Catalog.
    2. You have to search for the update using its Knowledge Base reference number (KB number). For example, KB4505903.
      How to manually download and install Windows 10 cumulative updates Microsoft-Update-Catalog.jpg
    3. You can find KB number when we publish a new article about a new update or you can also search on Microsoft’s support document.
    4. After identifying the KB number, type it in the search bar located at the top corner.
    5. Click the Download button for the version of Windows 10 you are using. You can find your system configuration under ‘System type’ on Settings > System > About page.
      How to manually download and install Windows 10 cumulative updates Microsoft-Update-Catalog-Search.jpg
    6. A pop-up window will appear after the download button is trigged.
    7. Click on the .msu file to download it.

You can double-click a .msu file to manually install the update manually and a system reboot is required to finish the installation.

Verify the installation

To see if an update is installed, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and view update history.

Look for this particular update in the list and if it’s there, it has been successfully installed. You can also verify it from Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Install Updates.

Conclusion

After traditional Windows Update settings, Microsoft Update Catalog is the most reliable way to install a cumulative update on Windows 10.

Additionally, you can also download certain device drivers and firmware updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog.

The post How to manually download and install Windows 10 cumulative updates appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 28, 2019

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Jul 28, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Maybe try with the Windows update mini-tool, found here http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...dows-10-automatic-updates-and-spyware.218745/ , thanks to Mussels. it installed perfectly for me last night.

rtwjunkie, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Microsoft re-released Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. It includes all cumulative updates and fixes. Great day for fresh installers

Download refresh AIO build from the opening post.

Drone, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How to manually download and install Windows 10 cumulative updates - Similar Threads - manually download install

2. I am installing windows 10 cumulative update manually, how muc time will it take?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am installing windows 10 cumulative update manually, how muc time will it take?: How much time will it take? I waited for hour but it only went smth like 20%. Will it take whole night?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-installing-windows-10-cumulative-update/95cb92af-e9ec-479d-9c97-203e39456470
  3. How to manual install updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to manual install updates?: My pc is locking into a perpetual update screen when restarting my pc. It will go through a couple rounds of listing a percentage, then almost like a circle of death, the load screen will show a spinning circle for over an hour with no percentage listed. I'm in my third round...
  4. Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?

Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?: I normally have updates set for manual: detect but advise only, pending manual execution (download and install). Years ago, on win7, I got bitten badly several times by doing the monthly patch update immediately. The bad patches were recalled by MS within a day or 2, but for...
  5. Manually download and install windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manually download and install windows update: Is there a way to download the latest latest update of windows manually? Because my wifi in my pc randomly dont recognize any router i already tried everything i already reinstall windows but still wifi is still not working hoping the latest update fix this cause i heard this...
  6. How to download and install Windows updates manually

in Windows 10 News
    How to download and install Windows updates manually: Most home devices that run a version of Microsoft's Windows operating system are updated using Windows Update. Windows Update is a comfortable solution to install patches for the operating system with minimal effort; downside to using Windows Update is that administrators are...
  7. How to install updates manually?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install updates manually?: I have started Windows 1809 update. But the internet connection was quite slow so I shutdown my system at 48% (downloaded). But when I have turned on my system to continue downloading, it says "You're up to date".[ATTACH] But when I checked the update history it shows...
  8. How to manually select and Install updates in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to manually select and Install updates in Windows 10 ?: How to manually select and Install updates in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-manually-select-and-install-updates-in/ed29032b-9d13-4224-8f2c-2e6bfea5b612
  9. Windows 10 Updates Stucked..How To Download It Manually?

Windows 10 Updates Stucked..How To Download It Manually?: When I Started Downloading Windows Updates,they get stucked,or take too much time to start,and some time fails to update.So,How To get The URL lInks of the updates so i can download and install it manually. 27714
  10. Cumulative update kb3200970 installed manually...WU wants to download

Cumulative update kb3200970 installed manually...WU wants to download: After repeated problems with the update failing I did a clean install and installed kb3200970 manually from the windows catalogue and it shows as an installed update. Windows automatic updates wants to download and install it again. Is this really necessary? Any way to make...