Windows 10: how to manually label a cd in media played

Discus and support how to manually label a cd in media played in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to label a cd manually in windows media player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by josevilela1, Aug 9, 2020.

1. how to manually label a cd in media played

how to label a cd manually in windows media player

:)

josevilela1, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Windows Media Player won't play CDs

Hello DominicGerald,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following queries:

1. Are you receiving any error code or error message when you attempt to play the music?
    2. Is your music CD being detected by the system and are you able to access it through the File Explorer (Windows + E key)?

In Windows Media Player, you can play audio CDs, data CDs, and data DVDs that contain music or video files (also known as media CDs). If you have a DVD drive and a compatible DVD decoder installed on your computer, you can use Windows Media Player
    to play a DVD-Video disc. If your unable to play anything on WMP, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works:

Method 1: Update DVD/CD ROM driver from Device Manager.

Sometimes, the issue persists if the drivers aren’t updated. So, I would suggest you to update the DVD/Cd driver manually. To do that, you may refer the article on

Update drivers in Windows 10.

Once after updating the drivers, you may check if you are able to play songs. If not, you may try out the following method.

Method 2: Adjust Burn Settings.

As you say that it’s getting stuck while burning a CD, you might want to check with the burn speed. To do that,

• Open Windows Media Player from the Start menu.
    • Click on Organize and select
      Options
      from the list.
    • Select the Burn tab in the Options window and select the drop-down menu beside
      Burn speed and select Slow.
    • Click on Apply and OK
      to exit the settings screen.
    • Try burning a new CD and check if it plays.

Method 3: Download and install add-ons for Windows Media Player.

I would suggest you to get the add-ons for your player and check if you are able to play songs. To do the same, you may want to refer to an article on
    Downloads for Windows.

Kindly get back to us with the results. We will be glad to assist you further if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 9, 2020
  3. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Helmut Win User

how to manually label a cd in media played

Audio CD's not playing

You seem to have a missing entry in the features list, there should be a + with Windows Media Player tick box. Unless you have some corporate version of Windows 10 with restrictions of some sort.

It is your Media player that does not play Audio CDs, these are Data discs not files.

Mine shows correctly as in post #9 that is how File Explorer represents those CD Audio data Tracks with WMP as default.

On my Laptop, with 5 listed Music players.
    Windows Media Player, IrfanView(with plugins) plays the Audio CDs, but not VLC Player(apps version), Toshiba Media Player, Groove Music.

I don't have iTunes. That you will have to check.

Groove Music is in the MS Store(free as you would expect), should be showing as Installed, but of no use in this case.

Helmut, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

how to manually label a cd in media played

1. how to manually label a cd in media played - Similar Threads - manually label media

2. can't open a downloaded label file due to media play?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open a downloaded label file due to media play?: I have downloaded an Avery business card template and attempting to open it, I get Media Player. How do I delete the Media Player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-a-downloaded-label-file-due-to-media/127b8643-5d38-4638-9071-e8c83caea1f3
  3. can't open a downloaded label file due to media play?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't open a downloaded label file due to media play?: I have downloaded an Avery business card template and attempting to open it, I get Media Player. How do I delete the Media Player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-a-downloaded-label-file-due-to-media/127b8643-5d38-4638-9071-e8c83caea1f3
  4. DVD OR CD PLAYING INSTRUCTIONS MANUALS

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD OR CD PLAYING INSTRUCTIONS MANUALS: PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO USE DVD OR CD'S......DISK IS INSERTED TO TRAY BUT NO THING HAPPENS. PLEASE, TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET INSTRUCTIONS TO PLAY DVD.......
  5. Windows Media Player is not playing music from CD

Windows Media Player is not playing music from CD: I have a new PC and I have connected a Pioneer BDR-XD07U drive via USB with a CD audio disc in the drive but when I try to play any audio track from the drive Windows Media Player will launch but not play any of the tracks. The drive shows in Media Player so the app at least...
  6. Recording music to a CD, is there information to print a CD label

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recording music to a CD, is there information to print a CD label: I have albums that I want to copy to a CD. After being copied am I able toprint a label for the CD from the information from the original recording....
  7. Windows Media Player will not play Music CD

Windows Media Player will not play Music CD: I am running Windows 10 v.1903 and Windows Media Player v12. All updates were done. When I inserted a music CD into my CD/DVD drive, the Windows Media Player will start, and, after loading the music CD, will start Windows Installer to try to install something (showing just...
  8. Will the newest Windows Media Play play music CD's?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will the newest Windows Media Play play music CD's?: Will latest version of Windows Play music CD's using the Window Media Player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-the-newest-windows-media-play-play-music-cds/c6dadf0c-feaa-4567-81cf-ce2d45877ab3
  9. DVD / CD labels

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD / CD labels: Didn’t know where to ask this question so here goes if it’s in the wrong section please feel free to move it. A friend of mine has just given me a loD of the circular cd labels,don’t know what make they are. So thought of looking for some software so maybe use some of...
  10. How do I add Media information to a CD playing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I add Media information to a CD playing?: How do I add Media information to a CD playing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-media-information-to-a-cd-playing/40aff875-f56b-4bf7-9d08-eaae8c8684f4