Windows 10: How to manually refresh File Explorer? F5 does not work

Discus and support How to manually refresh File Explorer? F5 does not work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I manually enforce refresh File Explorer view? If I press F5 key then from the right side a "Project" pane appears with entries like "PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pstein, Jan 29, 2020.

1. pstein Win User

How to manually refresh File Explorer? F5 does not work

How can I manually enforce refresh File Explorer view?

If I press F5 key then from the right side a "Project" pane appears with entries like "PC screen only",
    "Duplicate", "Extend", ....)

So whats that?
    Is F5 (accidentially) false-assigned? How can re-assign "normal" refresh meaning?

Peter

:)

pstein, Jan 29, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

File explorer not refreshing after deleting files in search

Hi you can simply hit F5 after deleting the file to refresh the explorer search results list.

Bu that, of course, is simply a workaround, not a solution.

dalchina, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Javaman Win User
    File explorer not refreshing after deleting files in search

Using Windows 10 Home.
    This problem only happens if I'm performing a search.
    If I search within a folder for say *.* and then delete a file, the list of files does not refresh.
    The file remains listed even though it's been deleted.
    If I manually refresh then the file disappears from the list. Same thing happens if I undo the delete.
    I need to hit F5 to make the file reappear in the search list.

Anyone else having this problem or know a fix? Thanks.

-----

Seems to be a Windows 10 prob. I went back to 8.1 and everything was fine.

Javaman, Jan 29, 2020
  4. SJSNJ Win User

Win 10 File Explorer will not refresh without f5

New computer - Win 10 File Explorer will not refresh. Running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.296

Have tried suggestions on Community and none work. Very frustrating.

SJSNJ, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How to manually refresh File Explorer? F5 does not work - Similar Threads - manually refresh File

2. Pressing F5 doesn't refresh the screen, I need to press both F5 and Fn for it to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing F5 doesn't refresh the screen, I need to press both F5 and Fn for it to work.: I got a new keyboard https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y3ZS47V?tag=rtings-zz-kb-20&ie=UTF8 and it works great although F5 doesn't seem to work unless I press Fn at the same time. Is there a way to bypass this or am I stuck with this forever?I have tried to find the model...
  3. Pressing F5 doesn't refresh the screen, I need to press both F5 and Fn for it to work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing F5 doesn't refresh the screen, I need to press both F5 and Fn for it to work.: I got a new keyboard https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y3ZS47V?tag=rtings-zz-kb-20&ie=UTF8 and it works great although F5 doesn't seem to work unless I press Fn at the same time. Is there a way to bypass this or am I stuck with this forever?I have tried to find the model...
  4. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer auto refresh not working: When I save or delete files from folders they don't appear until I manually hit F5 to see the changes. Not sure why it's not auto refreshing the folders anymore?...
  5. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer auto refresh not working: When I save or delete files from folders they don't appear until I manually hit F5 to see the changes. Not sure why it's not auto refreshing the folders anymore?...
  6. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Fn + F5 Refresh not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn + F5 Refresh not working: Fn + f5 refresh is not working instead i have to Win + f5 for refreshing. please help!!!! Also i have to click Fn + f11 / f12 for increseing/decreasing brightness. previously i used to Fn + f5 for refresh i never needed to win + any function keys....
  8. File Explorer does not refresh in Windows PE Mode when you press F5

in Windows 10 News
    File Explorer does not refresh in Windows PE Mode when you press F5: [ATTACH]If you notice that when you press the F5 key on the keyboard in Windows PE mode of Windows 10, the folder and file list […] This article File Explorer does not refresh in Windows PE Mode when you press F5 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. WEDR, my desktop and windows explorer does not refresh by its self, I have to press F5 or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WEDR, my desktop and windows explorer does not refresh by its self, I have to press F5 or...: Hello, I am having this strange bug where windows explorer (and desktop) does not refresh by its self (WEDR)... I've had it before, editing the donotrefresh registry worked. But this time it did nothing... I've tried (didn't work): Registry edit donotrefresh key Restore...
  10. After moving Shutdown slow, File Explorer requires manual refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    After moving Shutdown slow, File Explorer requires manual refresh: After moving this weekend, I came across two issues after setting up my desktop in the new location. As far as I can tell, this is the only major change to my computer that may have caused the issues. Firstly, before I had internet reconnected, I found that shutdown was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does f5 no longer refresh?