Windows 10: How to manually refresh File Explorer? F5 does not work

Discus and support How to manually refresh File Explorer? F5 does not work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I manually enforce refresh File Explorer view? If I press F5 key then from the right side a "Project" pane appears with entries like "PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pstein, Jan 29, 2020.

1. pstein Win User

How to manually refresh File Explorer? F5 does not work

How can I manually enforce refresh File Explorer view?

If I press F5 key then from the right side a "Project" pane appears with entries like "PC screen only",
    "Duplicate", "Extend", ....)

So whats that?
    Is F5 (accidentially) false-assigned? How can re-assign "normal" refresh meaning?

Peter

:)

pstein, Jan 29, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

File explorer not refreshing after deleting files in search

Hi you can simply hit F5 after deleting the file to refresh the explorer search results list.

Bu that, of course, is simply a workaround, not a solution.

dalchina, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Javaman Win User
    File explorer not refreshing after deleting files in search

Using Windows 10 Home.
    This problem only happens if I'm performing a search.
    If I search within a folder for say *.* and then delete a file, the list of files does not refresh.
    The file remains listed even though it's been deleted.
    If I manually refresh then the file disappears from the list. Same thing happens if I undo the delete.
    I need to hit F5 to make the file reappear in the search list.

Anyone else having this problem or know a fix? Thanks.

-----

Seems to be a Windows 10 prob. I went back to 8.1 and everything was fine.

Javaman, Jan 29, 2020
  4. SJSNJ Win User

Win 10 File Explorer will not refresh without f5

New computer - Win 10 File Explorer will not refresh. Running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.296

Have tried suggestions on Community and none work. Very frustrating.

SJSNJ, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How to manually refresh File Explorer? F5 does not work - Similar Threads - manually refresh File

2. Explorer search results - Does not update (refresh) when delete a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer search results - Does not update (refresh) when delete a file: I saw some older posts related to this from 2016 but nothing with a solution. The problem is: I search in explorer for files (ie "*.jpg") it will give me a list of results. I delete a file from the list of results (either hitting delete key or right click and delete) and...
  3. Refresh problem in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh problem in File Explorer: In an earlier thread, I reported that following an update file explorer no longer automatically refreshes after a deletion or change. I tried all the suggestions, but the problem persists. So I swapped a recently made clone of the hard drive and booted that. The same problem...
  4. File Explorer stopped refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer stopped refreshing: Until yesterday, when I deleted a file shown in File Explorer, it immediately vanished. But now, deleted files won’t go away until I right-click on a blank space and click Refresh. Same with renamed files. I did a SFC /scannow, which found some problems and corrected them,...
  5. File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically: Windows 10 Pro. Every few days File Explorer stops refreshing automatically; copying, renaming, deleting, moving and other operations with files and folders aren't reflected until I manually refresh it (hit F5). This can be alleviated by changing some View settings and then...
  6. F5 key suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F5 key suddenly not working: So.. I got a curios problem. My F5 key doesn't work any more. Or does it? I have a Logitech G910 Keyboard. When hitting the key alone. Nothing happens. Neither LGS (Logitech Gaming Software - aka the driver software) nor Windows or any other program seem to notice. But...
  7. My file won't sort/arrange automatically, need to F5/Refresh to move

in Windows 10 Support
    My file won't sort/arrange automatically, need to F5/Refresh to move: I just installed Windows 10 Pro. I sort all files by name, Yesterday, I found out that my file explorer or folders (on the main disk & other disk), whenever I save new edited photos, photos from Internet, the windows file explorer won't re-arrange or sorting automatically,...
  8. Assigning F5 "refresh" to a free programmable keyboard button, how?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning F5 "refresh" to a free programmable keyboard button, how?: Seems like this should be simple enough. Click the browse key, locate this mystery file, and assign it. Evidently this a national security issue as I can't find a clue. I could just use the F5 key but I'm a touch typist, it's rather dark where I work and I can't just hit the...
  9. View refresh in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    View refresh in file explorer: In W7 I could refresh the file list after deleting files using the view menu and the refresh option. W10 does not remove deleted files from view at once nor does it have a way of doing it manually that I can find. I can't believe it no longer exists. Thanks J 39365
  10. After moving Shutdown slow, File Explorer requires manual refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    After moving Shutdown slow, File Explorer requires manual refresh: After moving this weekend, I came across two issues after setting up my desktop in the new location. As far as I can tell, this is the only major change to my computer that may have caused the issues. Firstly, before I had internet reconnected, I found that shutdown was...