Windows 10: How to manually set "power saving gpu" and "high performance gpu" on Windows 10

Discus and support How to manually set "power saving gpu" and "high performance gpu" on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; While I have both these cards in my system: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Windows only gives me the option to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OnioAnt, Jul 23, 2020.

1. OnioAnt Win User

How to manually set "power saving gpu" and "high performance gpu" on Windows 10

While I have both these cards in my system:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

Windows only gives me the option to use the weakest one.

I've searched the whole world for a solution, unfortunately without success.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

How to manually set "power saving gpu" and "high performance gpu" on Windows 10 0ea554da-f032-4635-a9e6-559c0782a0a1?upload=true.png

:)

OnioAnt, Jul 23, 2020

2. having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Myszsoda Win User
    Manually select which GPU is power saving/high performance

I have two monitors connected to two different GPU's and I would like the load to be splitted like they are connected. The problem is that is not the case, everything (Video decoding) is calculated by main GPU although it is displayed on second monitor. There are many similar problems in the internet, yet none addresses problems I have.

The outcome I would like to achieve is impossible as far as google questions refer to, although maybe some software can achieve this?

The exact problem I want to refer in this question to is related to selecting which GPU to use per app. This solution would be enough if not for the fact that Windows says the best GPU for power saving and max performance it the same GPU, not allowing me to use any available solution to the problem.

So, I want to ask two questions:

• is it possible to enforce rendering with GPU that monitor is connected to?
    • can I manually tell Windows which GPU would be better for power saving or another profile?

Edit: my graphic cards are GTX 1060 and GT 730, one monitor connected to each GPU.

Myszsoda, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Tikolu Win User

Only power saving GPU available in Windows 10 Graphics Settings

My laptop has two GPUs connected to it. Intel HD Graphics 3000 and Nvidia NVS 4200.

All my Windows Store apps use the Intel GPU but I would want them to use the Nvidia one, so I go to Settings > System > Display > Graphics Settings,
    then I select a Universal App and click options.

Both Positions, Power Saving and High Performance are Intel HD Graphics 3000, leaving me with no choice but to use the Intel GPU.

How to manually set "power saving gpu" and "high performance gpu" on Windows 10 c6203750-1211-4c04-8a11-f1fe47217b8a?upload=true.png

How can I make the High Performance GPU to be my Nvidia one?

Classic (exe) Programs run on the Nvidia GPU, the only problem is with UWP Windows Store Apps.

Previously, I remember the same dialog showing both of my GPUs as an option.

I am on Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Build 17134.165

Tikolu, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. How to manually set "power saving gpu" and "high performance gpu" on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - manually set power

2. How do I change what Windows 10 considers the Power saving GPU and High performance GPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change what Windows 10 considers the Power saving GPU and High performance GPU?: https://i.imgur.com/dgQZdwe.png Despite having two dedicated GPUs in my desktop, the 3080 is both the power saving and high performance gpu submitted by /u/TurnipObvio [link] [comments]...
  3. How to I change which GPU Windows sets as "High Performance" and "Power Saving"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I change which GPU Windows sets as "High Performance" and "Power Saving"?: I have two discrete GPU's, an Intel Arc and a NVIDIA 3080Ti. Windows is always setting the Intel Arc as the High Performance option in Graphics settings even though the NVIDIA 3080Ti is by far the higher performing GPU. Problem is if I let Windows choose which GPU to use it...
  4. How to I change which GPU Windows sets as "High Performance" and "Power Saving"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to I change which GPU Windows sets as "High Performance" and "Power Saving"?: I have two discrete GPU's, an Intel Arc and a NVIDIA 3080Ti. Windows is always setting the Intel Arc as the High Performance option in Graphics settings even though the NVIDIA 3080Ti is by far the higher performing GPU. Problem is if I let Windows choose which GPU to use it...
  5. Windows 10 doesn't correctly identify the Power Saving and High Performance GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't correctly identify the Power Saving and High Performance GPU: Hi,I have two graphics cards in my computer, one built in Ryzen 5600G and one discrete RX580. When I first power on my computer, the graphics settings for both power saving and high performance are both the integrated graphics:Even though I have both graphics cards showing in...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't correctly identify the Power Saving and High Performance GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 doesn't correctly identify the Power Saving and High Performance GPU: Hi,I have two graphics cards in my computer, one built in Ryzen 5600G and one discrete RX580. When I first power on my computer, the graphics settings for both power saving and high performance are both the integrated graphics:Even though I have both graphics cards showing in...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't correctly identify the Power Saving and High Performance GPU

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Cannot switch to high-performance GPU

Cannot switch to high-performance GPU: Using an ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo, Intel UHD 630 and Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, latest drivers through GeForce experience. 32 GB RAM, core i9. Until yesterday I had no problems. Playing CrossCode via Steam, had set it to use the high-performance GPU in Windows Graphics settings....
  9. How to set high performance gpu

How to set high performance gpu: How do I set the high performance gpu in windows. I want to set my rx 580 as the high performance gpu but my 570 is set to high performance and I just want to know how to chance it. submitted by /u/JacobDoesLife [link] [comments]...
  10. Power Saving Gpu and High Performance gpu are same Showing Intel r HD graphics in Both

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Saving Gpu and High Performance gpu are same Showing Intel r HD graphics in Both: have 2 Gpus Intel r HD graphics and Nvidia 310m but there it is showing only Intel r Hd graphics in both power saving and high performance gpu. I have added those application I want to run in nvidia control panel to use nvidia gpu but when i open them it still lag and i dont...