Windows 10: How to map a Drive using Group Policy Preferences on Windows 10

Discus and support How to map a Drive using Group Policy Preferences on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Mapping network drives using Group Policy preferences is flexible, provides easy control over who receives the drive mappings, and has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 9, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to map a Drive using Group Policy Preferences on Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 9, 2020

2. How can I use the local group policy in windows 10 to map a network drive persistently

Hi all,

we are testing on few machines on how to map network drives using local group policy.

So the question is: How do I use the local group policy to achieve the below.

A shared network drive has to be mapped once the users logged in using their Windows login credentials. The mapped drive should be persistent.

Please advise.

Anoop Kakumanu, Jul 9, 2020
  3. sethbang Win User
    Drives do not reconnect / Preferences missing from Group Policy Editor

Hello. Here is our situation:

Network computers (all Win 10) have mapped shared drives. They lose connection when the computers reboot and we have to enter the admin password every time.

Solution I thought we'd try:

I read that going to the Group Policy and changing drives from "recreate" to "update" would do the trick.

New challenge:

My GPE does not have the Preferences tab which, based on this screen shot I found, should be there. Here is the image. It is probably not Windows 10 but it does look like what I would have expected.

How to map a Drive using Group Policy Preferences on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Mine looks like this:

How to map a Drive using Group Policy Preferences on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Bottom line:

Any suggestions as to how I can change those settings from Recreate to Update? Any other known way to get our drives to automatically reconnect? I've never had this problem before.

Thanks for posting known solutions, not guesses.

sethbang, Jul 9, 2020
  4. How to map a Drive using Group Policy Preferences on Windows 10

Mapped Drive via Group Policy - Stopped working on Windows 7 Pro

we have a group policy for a mapped drive to a file server drive (GHow to map a Drive using Group Policy Preferences on Windows 10 :) that stopped working on one Windows 7 pro machine.It has been working on this machine. I logged in as domain administrator and still it would not map. Seems to indicate something with
    the computer.

Any suggestion on the fix?

Ruthless Roth, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

How to map a Drive using Group Policy Preferences on Windows 10

1. How to map a Drive using Group Policy Preferences on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - map Drive using

2. Mapping with Group Policy sometimes disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping with Group Policy sometimes disconnects: Good morning,I have a problem with the mappings made with group policy with server 2019 for all the PCs in my domain.I have two servers pprimary dc and secondary dcI don't have any problems but I notice that the mappings often disconnect from all the clients, but I don't know...
  3. Mapping with Group Policy sometimes disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping with Group Policy sometimes disconnects: Good morning,I have a problem with the mappings made with group policy with server 2019 for all the PCs in my domain.I have two servers pprimary dc and secondary dcI don't have any problems but I notice that the mappings often disconnect from all the clients, but I don't know...
  4. Mapping with Group Policy sometimes disconnects

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Group Policy Scheduled Task Preference Item Automation with Powershell

Group Policy Scheduled Task Preference Item Automation with Powershell: Hello all, I'm trying to automate the creation of scheduled tasks within my domain without the use of group policy management gui/mmc.exe, and I am extremely close. I am running Windows Server 2019 Datacenter. I am manually creating a completely valid XML file at...
  6. Group Policy drive map not working for Terminal Server user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy drive map not working for Terminal Server user: In AD I have a created a sub OU within an OU and dropped users into this that I want to map the drive to. I've created the Policy to map the network location to a drive letter I know is unused and linked it to the sub OU. I then go onto the machine of one of these users and...
  7. Group Policy drive map not working for Terminal Server user

Group Policy drive map not working for Terminal Server user: In AD I have a created a sub OU within an OU and dropped users into this that I want to map the drive to. I've created the Policy to map the network location to a drive letter I know is unused and linked it to the sub OU. I then go onto the machine of one of these users and...
  8. Group Policy for printer preferences

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Group Policy for printer preferences: Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this so please move it if not. The tech side of my work have sent nearly 100 laptops out on site, all running Windows 10. Admin account for us and a Kiosk account for the end users. Occasionally when the printers on site get...
  9. How can I use the local group policy in windows 10 to map a network drive persistently

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I use the local group policy in windows 10 to map a network drive persistently: Hi all, we are testing on few machines on how to map network drives using local group policy. So the question is: How do I use the local group policy to achieve the below. A shared network drive has to be mapped once the users logged in using their Windows login...
  10. Drives do not reconnect / Preferences missing from Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drives do not reconnect / Preferences missing from Group Policy Editor: Hello. Here is our situation: Network computers (all Win 10) have mapped shared drives. They lose connection when the computers reboot and we have to enter the admin password every time. Solution I thought we'd try: I read that going to the Group Policy and changing...