Windows 10: How to merge a User account with the administrator account.

Discus and support How to merge a User account with the administrator account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am a complete fool at this stuff which has perplexed me for years. I am also neurologically disabled with DCD/dyspraxia - and dyslexia which... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AndrewSWHatton, Oct 8, 2020.

1. How to merge a User account with the administrator account.

I am a complete fool at this stuff which has perplexed me for years.

I am also neurologically disabled with DCD/dyspraxia - and dyslexia which contributes to difficulties staying focused and following sequences.

I shall try to explain my difficulty.

I want to use the show history procedure across my devices.

I understand I have to do it via Cortana - I followed the links I received -

I am not sure what they were now and tried to sign in as instructed but - I was shown my USER account as separate to that of the Administrator Account -

I want to keep the existing administrator account - which the person who set up my PC years ago simply called "owner" and make my Microsoft account become the Administrator/owner in order to continue with all the settings I now have.

Have I made any sense?

Can you suggest how I go about this or direct me to a tutorial please?

I do have the May 2010 - 2004 update installed and as far as I am aware my PC has all the windows updates available.

Thank you if you can after any simple steps help.

:)

AndrewSWHatton, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to merge a User account with the administrator account. :(

Zakin, Oct 8, 2020
  3. iamollie Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

Does anyone know how to delete an administrator account from another os on another partition (or using a live cd)?

I dont have access to the administrator account and i need to remove the other administrator account

iamollie, Oct 8, 2020
  4. angus Win User

How to merge a User account with the administrator account.

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

How to merge a User account with the administrator account.

1. How to merge a User account with the administrator account. - Similar Threads - merge User account

2. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  3. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  4. Is it possible to merge windows 10 user into administrator account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to merge windows 10 user into administrator account.: So I downloaded a game through the microsoft store and realized it doesn't show an icon when I pin it or while I'm playing. I know it's only a minor thing, but it really started to bother me so I tried to see if I could fix it, but to no avail. In my search to find fixes for...
  5. Merge user files with current administrator user/account

Merge user files with current administrator user/account: I bought a new laptop. I transferred all users, applications and files from the old one, but I need to merge the admin user on the new one with one of the admin users transferred from the old one....
  6. How to merge a User account with the administrator account.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to merge a User account with the administrator account.: I am a complete fool at this stuff which has perplexed me for years. I am also neurologically disabled with DCD/dyspraxia - and dyslexia which contributes to difficulties staying focused and following sequences. I shall try to explain my difficulty. I want to use the show...
  7. Merge User accounts

Merge User accounts: Hi, I see only 1 userapart from default user on my laptop in system properties/user profiles. However under C/Users I see another userapart from default and public. The 2nd user is my user name from my prior laptop. I would like to merge the 2nd prior laptop user into the...
  8. Merging two user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Merging two user accounts: I recently got a new computer, today I noticed that I have two user accounts, one by my email and one by my first name. The files shown on my desktop appear to be identical. How can I merge these accounts? I am afraid to delete one because I'm not sure if everything is...
  9. Merged user accounts!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Merged user accounts!: Two of us use Windows 10. Recently our two accounts seem to have become linked in some way - eg our Word documents will appear on each others list of documents or our desk top pictures appear on the other one's desktop. How can we unmerge?? 132348
  10. How to change the user account to the administrator account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change the user account to the administrator account?: I want to change the user account to the administrator account because I lost the password to the old administrator account. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-account-to-the/c2c96a22-4676-4557-b1ce-920070c4442c"