Windows 10: How to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD

Discus and support How to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Greetings folks, My thinkpad got 2 hard drives with critical software: 1st drive with dual-boot windows10/windows10 64bits 400gb Partitions: EFI,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aggtmr, Jul 1, 2020.

1. /u/aggtmr Win User

How to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD

Greetings folks,

My thinkpad got 2 hard drives with critical software:

• 1st drive with dual-boot windows10/windows10 64bits 400gb
      • Partitions: EFI, recovery, windows, windows
    • 2nd drive with a windows 10 64 bits 500b
      • Partitions: EFI, recovery, windows

I got tired of swapping drives all the time, so bought a 1tb SSD.

I've cloned 1st drive into a SSD with no problem, now I want to clone 2nd drive in unallocated space and have windows boot manager show me the 3 OS to choose from.

I've read that deleting EFI, recovery from 2nd drive can help. Any advice on this matter?

submitted by /u/aggtmr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aggtmr, Jul 1, 2020

2. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, Jul 1, 2020
  3. SSD failure and Windows 10 reinstall. How to restore apps from HDD.

My Acer desktop computer originally had a 16 GB SSD that held the Windows 10 installation (upgraded from Windows 8). It also has a 2 TB HDD that contains all other applications and files. The original SSD recently failed, preventing me from booting, so I
    replaced the SSD with a SanDisk 128 GB model. I then reinstalled Windows 10 on the new SSD using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. While I was performing the installation, I disconnected the HDD to ensure I didn't accidentally overwrite anything there.

My question now is, how do I get the new installation of Windows (on the new SSD) to recognize the applications I had installed on the HDD? I can use File Explorer to browse the files and applications stored there, but Windows obviously no longer has any
    of the apps registered as being installed. The SSD is now listed as the (CHow to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD :) drive and the HDD is listed as the (DHow to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD :) drive. Before, the HDD was (CHow to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD :) and the SSD was the (XHow to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD :) drive.

Thanks,

Tim

TimLarsen1, Jul 1, 2020
  4. How to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD

How to install Windows 10 (multiboot) with a drive letter other than C?

About a year ago I created a multiboot system with Windows XP 32 bit, Windows Vista 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit installed on a single SSD. It worked fine throughout the year and I could easily boot either of the 3 OS through the Windows boot manager, because
    each OS was installed with a different drive letter: XP is using X:, Vista is using C and Windows 10 was using D.

However, a couple of days ago somehow my Windows 10 became dysfunctional and I had to reinstall. I deleted the partition, created a new one and installed it on the 3rd primary partition. However, no matter how I try, Windows 10 now picks the C: drive by
    default, causing it to destroy the Vista installation.

I have checked the assignment of drive letters using the command prompt of the Windows 10 DVD, with the commands 'diskpart', 'select disk 0' and 'list volume'. This shows the following.

How to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD [​IMG]

Apparently the assignment of the drive letters is also different from how I assigned them. But if Diskpart says the partition formatted for Windows 10 is assigned the letter F, and letter C is obviously already in use, why the hell does the Windows 10 setup
    assign letter C to Windows 10 during the setup?

I'm lost. Can anyone help me recreate my multiboot system?

CasparHeetman, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

How to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD

1. How to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD - Similar Threads - merge multiboot different

2. Changing from a HDD to SSD! How to install windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing from a HDD to SSD! How to install windows 10: Hey Team!!I have windows 10 preinstalled in my laptop, but now I plan to change the hard drive from a HDD to SSD. If I change the hard drive, will I have to buy windows 10 again? Or can it be cloned with my new SSD?...
  3. Installation of Windows 10 with SSD and HDD disks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installation of Windows 10 with SSD and HDD disks: I'm confused with all this partitions and i want to know how to delete all partitions if i have an ssd and hdd submitted by /u/thanos997 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8wgs4/installation_of_windows_10_with_ssd_and_hdd_disks/
  4. Update HDD to SSD in Windows 10 Single Language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update HDD to SSD in Windows 10 Single Language: Hello. I have Windows 10 Single Language. I have a new SSD and i wanted to clean install Win10 to it, keeping the old license, using this guide:Guide to Media Creation Tool The media creation tool failed with error: 0x80080005 - 0x90018 I tried downloading the ISO from...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a different HDD/SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a different HDD/SSD: So three years ago I bought Windows 10 on an USB and upgraded from Win 7, as you do. Now I made the decsion back then to save Windows onto my HDD as opposed to my SSD. Now I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 onto my SSD in order to make my machine run a bit smoother, and It's...
  6. HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD

HDD to SSD change, Want to install Windows 10 in SSD: Hello There, I have purchased a laptop Model: 81DE(Lenovo Ideapad330-15IKB U) with preinstalled genuine windows in it activated by digital lisense. Now I have installed SSD drive and want to install Windows 10 into the SSD drive, How to install windows 10 into that drive??...
  7. Windows 10 multibooting

Windows 10 multibooting: Good Day, I actually have a computer with an OEM Windows 10 Home, I try to make the upgrade to Win 10 Pro, with two licenses that I bought, an OEM license and a Retail license, but I receive in both case messages telling me that It was not possible to do it and the system is...
  8. Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD

Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD: I have recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 (because I took advantage of the free upgrade offer last year), but have created an ISO file for a full install as I want to fully install Windows 10 by itself. My plan is, if the install works and...
  9. Cloning HDD to SSD in a different computer?

Cloning HDD to SSD in a different computer?: Hey everyone, Just wanted to get a feel on this before i dig into it. I have a dell laptop (school) that i got a SSD for. I also have a clevo laptop at home (main computer), and it has two 2.5" driver bays. Could i install my current dell HDD and the new SSD into the clevo...
  10. Multiboot USB\HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiboot USB\HDD: Hello all, Im sure its been grind well enough but i have found no answer for my problem, only more problems *Biggrin I would like to create a multi USB with the following ISO's: Win 10 Win 7 Kali linux HBCD and a few more normal ISO's. Well ive tried XBOOT, YUMI,...