Windows 10: how to merge partitions on a windows10 laptop

Discus and support how to merge partitions on a windows10 laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; typical configuration of C:/ and D:/ drives roughly 50% each. i want to get rid of the D:/ drive - there's nothing on it and i need the space.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stephentargett, Jul 5, 2019.

1. how to merge partitions on a windows10 laptop

typical configuration of C:/ and D:/ drives roughly 50% each.

i want to get rid of the D:/ drive - there's nothing on it and i need the space.

hoping i don't need 3rd party software to do this!

cheers,

stephen

:)

stephentargett, Jul 5, 2019
  2. foxslink Win User

Cant merge Partitions

Hi folks,
    i was trying to merge a partition to another one but i couldnt, it said i didnt have GPT or that i dont have enough space to extend it, does anyone know why? there is only 1 unallocated partition im trying to merge into another partition that has files, the idea is to keep the files intact. i tried deleting it then using the extend function but nada. pls help

foxslink, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Toothless Win User
    Cant merge Partitions

Move the files, backed up. Use Easeus to delete both partitions, merge, make new parition, and move files back.

Toothless, Jul 5, 2019
  4. how to merge partitions on a windows10 laptop

Merging partitions

Hi RFish3

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Right click the System partition where Windows 10 is installed then click Extend.

Click Yes when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

how to merge partitions on a windows10 laptop

1. how to merge partitions on a windows10 laptop - Similar Threads - merge partitions windows10

2. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  3. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  4. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging Partitions: Hello, I was transferring data from one SSD to another with a larger capacity and everything went great. When I went to Disk Management to see if Windows had detected the larger storage I saw that it was there but just unformatted. [ATTACH] I don't want to create a separate...
  5. How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd): submitted by /u/Ripcord999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2siue/how_to_merge_a_partition_to_boot_partitionsame_ssd/
  6. Merge Partitions

Merge Partitions: Every time i backup with Macrium i keep seeing 3 partitions on C: everything works fine and backs up no problems can i merge the third part with the second part as it looks lost and with a none indication i assume it is doing nothing. I think it was a left over from upgrading...
  7. Merging dynamic partitions?

Merging dynamic partitions?: I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 laptop. It has Core i7 8th Gen 8750H Processor. It came with 8GB RAM/16GB Intel Optane/1TB HDD/Windows 10/NVIDIA GeForce GTX Graphics 1050 Ti 4 GB GDDR5. I have windows 10 - 64 bit version 1903. I recently removed 16GB optane stick from my...
  8. Merging partitions

Merging partitions: I just upgraded my main windows 10 drive from 250 to 500 GB by cloning the drive. How do I merge the un-allocated portion with the active portion so Windows sees the full capacity of the drive??...
  9. Merging partitions.

Merging partitions.: [img] I'm trying to do something with the mini partition wizard that is raved about on this site. The FACTORY IMAGE D above is useless to my computer now that I have been on Windows 10 Home (latest build) and Windows 10 so graciously dropped a 449MB Recovery Partition...
  10. How to merge two partitions into one?

How to merge two partitions into one?: I have recently upgraded to the Windows 10 anniversary version. I would like to extend my C: drive by merging the F: drive into it. Attached is the photo of my hard drive. How do I go about merging F: drive into c: drive? I would like to use Windows 10 disk management...