Windows 10: How to merge several ms lisences into one account

Discus and support How to merge several ms lisences into one account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We have 5 PCs. I wish to combine all of them into one account windows and 365.*** Email address is removed for privacy ***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gene Hysner, Aug 4, 2022.

1. How to merge several ms lisences into one account

We have 5 PCs. I wish to combine all of them into one account windows and 365.*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Gene Hysner, Aug 4, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Kari, Aug 4, 2022
  3. chideock Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

Thank you. I will give it a try later today and post my results.

Got to it sooner than I thought.
    Your method worked perfectly.

Thank you

chideock, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Vesao Win User

How to merge several ms lisences into one account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

How to merge several ms lisences into one account

1. How to merge several ms lisences into one account - Similar Threads - merge several lisences

2. Merge accounts or transfer data from one account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merge accounts or transfer data from one account to another: Hello.I would like to merge one Microsoft MS account with a second MS account. Specifically, I would like to transfer all information associated with the former account, including Windows settings and files, to the latter account.This is needed because Windows 11 requires...
  3. Merge several file history folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merge several file history folders: My computer was saving my file history backup on a external drive and I have 3- Six month folders that won’t have many changes and they are each 1.4+Tb. Is there a way to merge/combine them into 1 folder with only 1 copy of each file? I am no longer having windows save file...
  4. How to merge several ms lisences into one account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to merge several ms lisences into one account: We have 5 PCs. I wish to combine all of them into one account windows and 365.*** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-merge-several-ms-lisences-into-one-account/e9ff9ad2-93a5-47cd-be20-d71611c1fad9
  5. How to merge several ms lisences into one account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to merge several ms lisences into one account: We have 5 PCs. I wish to combine all of them into one account windows and 365.*** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-merge-several-ms-lisences-into-one-account/e9ff9ad2-93a5-47cd-be20-d71611c1fad9
  6. Merging two microsoft accounts into one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merging two microsoft accounts into one: To clarify. I have two Microsoft accounts, one built around an incredibly old hotmail email I no longer use, and another built with my current, professional-used email. The issue lies in that due to all the automatic assignment, some of my services are associated with one,...
  7. Merging MS Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merging MS Accounts: I have found myself, without realising it, that have 3 MS Accounts and it is driving me to desperation as I never seem to get anywhere with any of them. I simply want to manage all my MS stuff from one account. My original account had an email address which cannot be used...
  8. How to merge several same name files on PC

in Windows 10 Support
    How to merge several same name files on PC: I am not sure how it came about, but I have two desk top icons and other files. when clicked on, each icon shows a file with different contents. Is there a way to merge the files without losing some of the contents. [img] 132500
  9. Merge several unallocated spaces into one.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merge several unallocated spaces into one.: Hello guys, I was wondering if you can help me out with this, I have three, unallocated spaces on my laptop and I want to merge them into one new partition. Bear in mind that I have basic disk partitioning, do I need to transition to dynamic and is it possible to loss some...
  10. How to merge two partitions into one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to merge two partitions into one?: I have recently upgraded to the Windows 10 anniversary version. I would like to extend my C: drive by merging the F: drive into it. Attached is the photo of my hard drive. How do I go about merging F: drive into c: drive? I would like to use Windows 10 disk management...