Windows 10: How to merge several same name files on PC

Discus and support How to merge several same name files on PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not sure how it came about, but I have two desk top icons and other files. when clicked on, each icon shows a file with different contents. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Johannes, May 13, 2019.

1. Johannes Win User

How to merge several same name files on PC

I am not sure how it came about, but I have two desk top icons and other files.
    when clicked on, each icon shows a file with different contents.
    Is there a way to merge the files without losing some of the contents.

How to merge several same name files on PC [​IMG]

:)

Johannes, May 13, 2019
  2. D_o_S Win User

Company merging on the horizon

The Inq. talks about some major company merging that could take place this summer. What is likely to happen is summarized in the following list:

• eBay is in talks with Microsoft and Yahoo regarding cooperation and perhaps even a combination
    • Oracle, SAP and perhaps Novell might be "up to something"
    • Telecoms will surely continue to be a big source of deal-making and not just through attempts to build scale and geographic coverage. Deals such as Sky-Easynet and eBay-Skype suggest that combinations of services could be the way forward.
    • Sun might be bought by Fujitsu Siemens, HP or Dell
    Source: The Inq

D_o_S, May 13, 2019
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 13, 2019
  4. How to merge several same name files on PC

merging

Hi nrsgangel59,

For me to provide appropriate recommendations, I would like to ask the following:

• What type of file was merged in documents?
    • Was it a text file, excel file, etc?
    • How was it merged?

Please reply to this thread so I'll be notified. Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 13, 2019
Thema:

How to merge several same name files on PC

1. How to merge several same name files on PC - Similar Threads - merge several same

2. Merging files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging files and folders: I thought I might number my steps to make it less confusing, I hope so anyway. I'd started using OneDrive to store folders until I ran out of space. Then I started using Google Drive, so I moved my files over until I saw that DropBox was promoting a lot of space for free....
  3. All files changed to same name

All files changed to same name: This refers to the following link, which has been locked for comment: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-files/file-names-changed-in-1-folder-to-the-same-name/edc4bc91-3283-4921-89ac-3c98a2a13f96 The person who replied is wrong to an extent. If...
  4. Find Files With Different File Names But Same Content

in Windows 10 Support
    Find Files With Different File Names But Same Content: Hi. In Windows 10, is it possible to find documents with the same content but different filenames? 121161
  5. Merge several unallocated spaces into one.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merge several unallocated spaces into one.: Hello guys, I was wondering if you can help me out with this, I have three, unallocated spaces on my laptop and I want to merge them into one new partition. Bear in mind that I have basic disk partitioning, do I need to transition to dynamic and is it possible to loss some...
  6. How do I check if there is different text on notepad files same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I check if there is different text on notepad files same name: Hey guys, Anybody know any notepad application where I can check what is changed on same notepad files with same name but different sizes. Regards. 106726
  7. Multiple files with same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple files with same name: Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been working of for a couple of days. I edited and changed the file several times and put it in two different folders. I wasn't sure...
  8. How to merge Ethernet and WiFi connection Network names in one Name?

How to merge Ethernet and WiFi connection Network names in one Name?: Hi, I am connected to one Router. However, when connected wirelessly, I see there is a network name 'MikroTik- Mohammad'. However, when I am connected with a wired cable, I see the network name as 'MikroTik-BCEDB'. As a result, when I am connected wirelessly and via...
  9. How do I copy files with the same name and keep both

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I copy files with the same name and keep both: I'm trying to copy photos off my iPhone into my folders on my laptop and per Apple's ridiculous system, some of the photos have the same name. When I try to copy them, Windows 10 only gives me two options for files with the same name: replace or do not copy. In older versions...
  10. File Explorer rename files with the same name when copying

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer rename files with the same name when copying: Quite frankly I'm surprised no one has brought this up (or I am using the wrong search terms). When copying files in explorer, Windows 7 (I can't remember anything older than that LOL) I am asked what I want to do with copying files that have the same name as existing files...