Windows 10: How to merge several same name files on PC

Discus and support How to merge several same name files on PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not sure how it came about, but I have two desk top icons and other files. when clicked on, each icon shows a file with different contents. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Johannes, May 13, 2019.

1. Johannes Win User

How to merge several same name files on PC

I am not sure how it came about, but I have two desk top icons and other files.
    when clicked on, each icon shows a file with different contents.
    Is there a way to merge the files without losing some of the contents.

How to merge several same name files on PC [​IMG]

:)

Johannes, May 13, 2019
  2. D_o_S Win User

Company merging on the horizon

The Inq. talks about some major company merging that could take place this summer. What is likely to happen is summarized in the following list:

• eBay is in talks with Microsoft and Yahoo regarding cooperation and perhaps even a combination
    • Oracle, SAP and perhaps Novell might be "up to something"
    • Telecoms will surely continue to be a big source of deal-making and not just through attempts to build scale and geographic coverage. Deals such as Sky-Easynet and eBay-Skype suggest that combinations of services could be the way forward.
    • Sun might be bought by Fujitsu Siemens, HP or Dell
    Source: The Inq

D_o_S, May 13, 2019
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 13, 2019
  4. How to merge several same name files on PC

merging

Hi nrsgangel59,

For me to provide appropriate recommendations, I would like to ask the following:

• What type of file was merged in documents?
    • Was it a text file, excel file, etc?
    • How was it merged?

Please reply to this thread so I'll be notified. Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 13, 2019
Thema:

How to merge several same name files on PC

1. How to merge several same name files on PC - Similar Threads - merge several same

2. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same file name on same folder: Hi . I have windows 10 And it hepend few times that i same file name and same file format qt the same folderThis time i didnt change the name of the exact filesI just download the files from email and download two times than put them on the same folder..and it let me...Ive...
  3. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same file name on same folder: Hi . I have windows 10 And it hepend few times that i same file name and same file format qt the same folderThis time i didnt change the name of the exact filesI just download the files from email and download two times than put them on the same folder..and it let me...Ive...
  4. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keep files with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep files with the same name: I regularly have documents with the same name that I need to transfer to a folder and I want to select the option to not skip any files with the same name and just have them automatically renamed, rather than having to choose to keep both files each time....
  6. Merge several file history folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Merge several file history folders: My computer was saving my file history backup on a external drive and I have 3- Six month folders that won’t have many changes and they are each 1.4+Tb. Is there a way to merge/combine them into 1 folder with only 1 copy of each file? I am no longer having windows save file...
  7. Merge several file history folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merge several file history folders: My computer was saving my file history backup on a external drive and I have 3- Six month folders that won’t have many changes and they are each 1.4+Tb. Is there a way to merge/combine them into 1 folder with only 1 copy of each file? I am no longer having windows save file...
  8. Merge several file history folders

9. 2 Files with the same name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 Files with the same name.: [ATTACH]So I am trying to replace some textures for an aircraft and I was able to replace the first file but the 2nd one I needed to replace has the exact same name as the first one. And when I try to paste the replacement for the 2nd file, it overwrites the first one....
  10. Multiple files with same name

Multiple files with same name: Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been working of for a couple of days. I edited and changed the file several times and put it in two different folders. I wasn't sure...