Windows 10: How to message to another system on the same network

Discus and support How to message to another system on the same network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I'm trying to send a message to another pc on the same network, I tried using the msg command: msg remoteComputerUsername... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Oluwasegun Adetunji, May 31, 2019.

1. How to message to another system on the same network

Hello.

I'm trying to send a message to another pc on the same network,

I tried using the msg command:

msg remoteComputerUsername /server:remoteComputerNameOrIp "Hello"

This is supposed to be a simple and straight forward command. However i can't get it to work.

I've also set the AllowRemoteRPC to 1 in the registry: HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Terminal Server on both of my computers (however i believe it should be set only on the computer that should receive a message).

How to make this command work? If this command doesn't work, then how do i send a message through cmd on a lan computer?

Thanks.

:)

Oluwasegun Adetunji, May 31, 2019
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, May 31, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 31, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

How to message to another system on the same network

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 31, 2019
Thema:

How to message to another system on the same network

1. How to message to another system on the same network - Similar Threads - message another system

2. Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network: I'm trying to share a Drive on my laptop Win11 Home through my Network so my desktop Win 11 Pro can rename files and do some file management on it. Both are on the same network and what I've done so far is mess around with settings to the point where I can see the other...
  3. Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network: I'm trying to share a Drive on my laptop Win11 Home through my Network so my desktop Win 11 Pro can rename files and do some file management on it. Both are on the same network and what I've done so far is mess around with settings to the point where I can see the other...
  4. Another Computer on the Network has the same name : Error code 2505 Event viewer System View

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another Computer on the Network has the same name : Error code 2505 Event viewer System View: Hi guys,Ever since moving to Windows 11 I've been getting this error constantly, like several times hourly, and it is not just cosmetic. It seems that this error pops up every time I lose connection to the internet, Inside event viewer I get this error"The server could not...
  5. Another Computer on the Network has the same name : Error code 2505 Event viewer System View

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another Computer on the Network has the same name : Error code 2505 Event viewer System View: Hi guys,Ever since moving to Windows 11 I've been getting this error constantly, like several times hourly, and it is not just cosmetic. It seems that this error pops up every time I lose connection to the internet, Inside event viewer I get this error"The server could not...
  6. Cannot access documents folder on another computer which is on the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access documents folder on another computer which is on the same network: I purchased a new Dell laptop because the old tower desktop was giving problems. A batch file to copy files from a router USB thumb drive to another computer on the network used to work perfectly on the old tower. The first command in the batch file is: copy z:\kc8az9~q...
  7. Reinstalling Window 10 in another partition of the disk or on another disk, on the same system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Window 10 in another partition of the disk or on another disk, on the same system: If Disk Management shows two Disc with certain partition and Windows is installed in a partition of a disc. If the system is reinstalled/formatted, then the window is reinstalled on the same partition on which it was. But what to do if I want to install the window in another...
  8. How to connect to another network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to connect to another network?: Good day, how to connect to hidden network in windows 10? Thank you so much and God Bless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-to-another-network/2d04557d-9960-4c3f-bb20-113d4e860a29
  9. How to increase or move the system partition to another partition in the same drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to increase or move the system partition to another partition in the same drive?: Years ago, I bought a second hand PC with a small HDD. I formatted it and set a small 60gb as drive Cto install windows. I got a bigger HDD recently and clone the old HDD to the new one. Now I realize that 60GB is too damn small for Windows. The HDD has two partition, C and...
  10. Another failed message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another failed message: In windows update i have on 3 occasions over 2 days where it says upgrade failed. got me puzzled. i have all the updates 12358

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows message same network

2. cannot send message to another system on the same network