Windows 10: HOW TO METER A BLUETOOTH NETWORK CONNECTION - WIN10

Discus and support HOW TO METER A BLUETOOTH NETWORK CONNECTION - WIN10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I would really appreciate any help that I could get because I feel like I am about to lose my mind. Right now I am connecting my laptop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TravisBurke2, Jul 17, 2020.

1. HOW TO METER A BLUETOOTH NETWORK CONNECTION - WIN10

Hello all, I would really appreciate any help that I could get because I feel like I am about to lose my mind. Right now I am connecting my laptop to the internet via a bluetooth connection with a hotspot. I need to meter this connection in case BitTorrent feels like opening up without anyone asking it to and pulling 96 gigs of data usage within a short while before I noticed last month. New month, new data cycle, but I am noticing that despite me having set my network connection settings on my laptop as a metered connection and I put in 10GB/month with the monthly restart date, refreshed the data usage - but then realized that after I was browsing for a while no data use was logging at all. Then I realized it does not appear I can set the laptop is metered connection mode per se, rather you can select to meter your network usage for Ethernet 3, WiFi Adapter, & VEthernet. That's great and all for when I am connection to a wifi network and want to meter it or I am plugging in a network cable and want to meter that connection, but Windows refuses to list anything like "Bluetooth Network Adapter" etc. there at all and I have searched high and low for this setting within Windows without having to download third party software. If this is a glitch I seriously hope MS fixes it ASAP because it is a glaring one, and if I am just being a huge noob right now than I am excited to learn the solution to this and expand my knowledge. Thanks for your time.

:)

TravisBurke2, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

How to set PDAnet as metered connection?

Andrea,

The Registry changes do not make anything work as metered. They only set the default to metered for new connections. Please see my earlier posts beginning
    - To clear the decks before you start,
    - You don’t like just printing to pdf instead then?
    for the actions I suggest you do.

Check whether the current connection is metered or not at Settings, Network, Status, Change connection properties.

The property is shown for other connections at Settings, Network, {WiFi / Ethernet}, Manage known networks, {select each network in turn}, Properties.

If you want a second opinion to make absolutely sure than go to Settings, Devices.
    In the Bluetooth & other devices page and the Printers & scanners page, make sure that the checkbox for Download over metered connections is clear [unset] and you should see your devices with most of the entries marked with the quite spurious & highly ignorable annotation, "Setup incomplete because of a metered connection". That also demonstrates that the current connection is metered.

When you do run WU, after it has searched online it then displays its list of updates but stops & waits for you to click the Download button before downloading**. This also demonstrates that the connection is metered. Here is an example -

HOW TO METER A BLUETOOTH NETWORK CONNECTION - WIN10 [​IMG]

Oh, by the way, there are updates every day because Windows defender definition updates are part of WU.

** Once in a while you will notice small updates proceeding at this stage before it then settles down with its list of all the others waiting for you to click the Download button. This is normal. These exceptional updates are classified as of special security concern and they are downloaded then installed despite the metered setting. I have hardly ever seen them and those I have seen completed downloading & installing before I could even get my camera out to record the event.

Denis

3. Jorge Tan Win User
    How to stop Window update for metered network

Hi,

To set a Wi-Fi network connection as metered, you may try the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks.
    • Select the Wi-Fi network > Properties > turn on Set as metered connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Jul 17, 2020
  4. HOW TO METER A BLUETOOTH NETWORK CONNECTION - WIN10

where are the win10 setings to set my wap as a metered connection?

Here is website that gives you step by step instructions on setting it up.

Set Wireless Network as Metered or Non-Metered in Windows 10

Jmarco0921, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

HOW TO METER A BLUETOOTH NETWORK CONNECTION - WIN10

1. HOW TO METER A BLUETOOTH NETWORK CONNECTION - WIN10 - Similar Threads - METER BLUETOOTH NETWORK

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  3. 2004 update and metered network connection

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2004 update and metered network connection: Previously while trying to update, it used to show how much download needed in MBs for update. Now how much needed is not shown. Only waits for permission to download in metered connection. Any help to know how much needed to download? 159050
  4. Metered Network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Metered Network: I keep getting a message that says: You are on a metered network etc. What does that mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-network/a6672604-e8fc-4b63-8d13-4cb7d94d4895
  5. Metered Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  6. METERED CONNECTION

METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  7. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How...
  8. Bluetooth connection setup incomplete because of metered connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth connection setup incomplete because of metered connection: I've seen this subject come up several times (searches), never answered satisfactorily forme . I have a Lenovo G505s laptop, running Windows 10 Home build 17134.320 I connect something (anything, details are useless) with Bluetooth. The connection "wizard" tells me setup...
  9. metered network?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    metered network?: help! This is a headache! What does this PC is on metered network mean? One drive sync is paused to prevent data charges? That to do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/metered-network/594456d5-4b5e-4e04-8972-7371beb3678f
  10. Bluetooth disabled when internet connection is metered.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disabled when internet connection is metered.: Why is bluetooth disabled when the internet connection is metered? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-disabled-when-internet-connection-is/6aa954c8-8bb7-4290-a632-b347e88668da