Windows 10: How to Migrate MS account and PC sign in to different email address

Discus and support How to Migrate MS account and PC sign in to different email address in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10 21H1 (19043, 1083) I intend to change ISP and that means I need to use a different email address(es) and migrate all PC logins etc to the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by agvodz, Jul 8, 2021.

1. agvodz Win User

How to Migrate MS account and PC sign in to different email address

Win10 21H1 (19043, 1083) I intend to change ISP and that means I need to use a different email address(es) and migrate all PC logins etc to the new address. I want to stop using all email address associated with the old ISP. I'm having difficulty figuring out how best to tackle this given the following situation:- I use the same email address for my MS account login (on several PCs) , for my daily email correspondence and for my office365 subscription. I use OUTLOOK 2017 as I retain important emails in PST files . I have tried setting up a new outlook.com account and define this as an alias in account.live.com (but not set it as primary just yet). I believe that this will deal with the MS account and my subscriptions. Is there a simple was to replace my PC logins (which use the old email address) to use the new address and retain the user config eg same desktop? Also I am unable to add this to my email account within Outlook on one PC (unable to connect to Exchange) and on my other PC the (aliased) account appears to be added but appears as OUTLOOK_XXXXXXX...XX where XX's are a random string of characters. Any suggestions on a foolproof method (idiots guide) to achieve the migration? Thanks in advance

:)

agvodz, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

different user accounts, only one email address?

Hi Geoff, welcome to the Ten Forums.

In Windows 10 it is not possible to use the same MS account for more than one user account on the same computer. If User-A signs in with an MS account User-A@AnyEmail.com, that MS account (email address) cannot be used to sign in any other user than User-A. User-B needs to use either a different MS account or a local account. However, you can use the same MS account on multiple computers.

There's no way to work around this restriction.

In your case I would simply install Windows 10 on both computers with a local admin account, then create an additional standard user account as an MS account on both computers using the same email address. If any of the two computers requires the gaming account, too, as you explained I would make this account a local account.

Tutorials:

Kari, Jul 8, 2021
  3. davidhk Win User
    Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10  

Switched to local account.
    Email address is hidden on sign in page.
    As for Windows Store, I need to enter my MS account password. Just one extra step. No big deal.

(step 6 in OPTION TWO) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

My issue is settled.

davidhk, Jul 8, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Migrate MS account and PC sign in to different email address - Similar Threads - Migrate account sign

2. Can you have two MS Accounts with different usernames but one email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you have two MS Accounts with different usernames but one email address: My husband is getting a new laptop and he does not want it connected to his current laptop and MS Account. Usually the username is your email. And, I know you can't have two MS accounts with the same email address. Can you set up a different account with a different username...
  3. Can you have two MS Accounts with different usernames but one email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you have two MS Accounts with different usernames but one email address: My husband is getting a new laptop and he does not want it connected to his current laptop and MS Account. Usually the username is your email. And, I know you can't have two MS accounts with the same email address. Can you set up a different account with a different username...
  4. How to Migrate MS account and PC sign in to different email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Migrate MS account and PC sign in to different email address: Win10 21H1 (19043, 1083) I intend to change ISP and that means I need to use a different email address(es) and migrate all PC logins etc to the new address. I want to stop using all email address associated with the old ISP. I'm having difficulty figuring out how best to...
  5. migrating email accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    migrating email accounts: I have two email accounts I would like to migrate to a new MS exchange service host. One is a regular email account on my ISP that I access via outlook (IMAP), and the other is an exchange account on a third party host. Both use the same domain. Once I open new exchange...
  6. Different email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different email address: Sometimes when I send an email with the mail app my address gets changed to something like this: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** When people try to reply they get an error message!! Can someone help? Thanks...
  7. Conflict between MS account name and email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Conflict between MS account name and email address: Hi, I have one personal MS account called *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've had this for a few years and can access it fine, including live mail It has one email address associated with it, also called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I have...
  8. But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...: Please Unblock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/but-i-cant-sign-in-microsoft-account-my-email/281f79fd-062a-4e5a-a4e2-88b30924bac4"
  9. different user accounts, only one email address?

different user accounts, only one email address?: Hi I've got two computers running windows 7. Both have an administrator account and a standard user account. The computer I use for gaming has a third account for gaming (I have some older games that don't like the aero-peak feature so the gaming account uses a plain...
  10. Change sign in account (new email address) ?

Change sign in account (new email address) ?: I have a new email address so I want my Microsoft sign in to be this email and not my old one. Does anyone know what to do and how to transfer existing purchases to this new email so that signing in to Windows 10 uses my new email as the administrator? 28259