Windows 10: how to migrate to a new Windows 10 laptop?

Discus and support how to migrate to a new Windows 10 laptop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, It's time to replace my 6 year old laptop with a new one. But I have about 50 applications installed. Some I don't remember how they got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by flyingdutch06, Mar 4, 2020.

1. how to migrate to a new Windows 10 laptop?

Hello,

It's time to replace my 6 year old laptop with a new one. But I have about 50 applications installed. Some I don't remember how they got there, others for which I don't have the install executables anymore and others for which I might have some installation CD's.

Now, is there a SIMPLE way to migrate everything that I have on my current Windows 10 computer to a new laptop? Or do I have to reinstall everything again if at all possible?

Thank you

:)

flyingdutch06, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 4, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 4, 2020
  4. CVarga Win User

how to migrate to a new Windows 10 laptop?

Migrating a Windows 10 installation (OS, APPs, and settings) to a new hard drive on a laptop

Not positive this is the right forum area, but it looks like the best fit.

I wish to migrate my Windows 10 installation to a new larger hard disk drive. The challenge is that my laptop can only have one disk drive installed at a time, so many of the suggestions I found elsewhere which involved cloning software don't seem to be
    options for me. Ii am looking for suggestions as to the simplest and most reliable way to transfer my system, settings and apps to a new hard drive. Thanks in advance.

CVarga, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

how to migrate to a new Windows 10 laptop?

1. how to migrate to a new Windows 10 laptop? - Similar Threads - migrate laptop

2. Dual Boot Installation, & Migration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Installation, & Migration: Greetings, my username is and I used to be a member of the seven forums and this one as well. This serves as my first post given it must have been a long time since I posted and my account is no longer on here. The reason for this post is I have a new M.2 disk, and my OS is...
  3. upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails

upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails: I have tried twice to uprade Lenovo thinkpad from win 7 to windows 10 but it fails migration. After purchasing windows 10 from Microsoft store I have downloaded windows 10 to a USB device just in case. the laptop has Norton active. Do I have to uninstall it or turn it...
  4. Migrate from Win8.1 laptop to Win10 Laptop.

Migrate from Win8.1 laptop to Win10 Laptop.: Since there is NO reference material, I would like to move my setup on my laptop with Win8.1 Home, to a laptop with Win10 PRO. It seems there use to be a utility to accomplish this task. However, there appears to be so many blocks in the software to prevent this from...
  5. Migrate Windows 10 to New Laptop

Migrate Windows 10 to New Laptop: I just ordered a new Dell laptop for my business. I primarily use Macs for personal use. When I upgrade Macs, there is a migration assistant app that will transfer apps, documents, etc. from one laptop to another. Is there something similar on Windows 10 that will transfer...
  6. Migrating Outlook e-mail to a laptop.

in Browsers and Email
    Migrating Outlook e-mail to a laptop.: I have a couple of Windows 10 Pro Desktops. One I need to install another motherboard and the second one all of sudden after a long time of use stopped recognizing my bios and Windows 10 admin password (which are the same). I recently purchased a Windows 10 "Home" laptop...
  7. Migrating Outlook e-mail to a laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating Outlook e-mail to a laptop.: I have a couple of Windows 10 Pro Desktops. One I need to install another motherboard and the second one all of sudden after a long time of use stopped recognizing my bios and Windows 10 admin password (which are the same). I recently purchased a Windows 10 "Home" laptop...
  8. migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop: My wife and I have 2 laptops 1st one: Dell Studio, bought in 2009, originally had windows vista license then I purchased windows 8 license in 2013 then got a free upgrade to widows 10. 2nd one: Fujitsu lifebook bought in 2011, originally had Windows 7 then we got a free...
  9. Laptop wont boot after migrating os form HDD to SSD

Laptop wont boot after migrating os form HDD to SSD: I want to upgrade to windows 10 in 2 stages . 1) Migrate Windows 7 OS and Programs from HDD to SSD 2) Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 After migrating the OS ( Windows 7 ) and Programs from HDD to SSD using Minitool Partition wizard , the computer wont boot after I...
  10. new laptop: Is it possible to migrate OS from SSD to HDD (yes to HDD)

in Windows 10 Support
    new laptop: Is it possible to migrate OS from SSD to HDD (yes to HDD): Hi, I recently bought an MSI GL62 6QF laptop and unfortunately although it is an excellent laptop it has some limitation that might urge me to return it system: 128 GB SSD in M.2 PCI-e (Windows pre-installed here) 1 TB HDD If you could help me I would like to know...