Windows 10: how to Mirror screen on external monitor

Discus and support how to Mirror screen on external monitor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After restarting my Dell after two weeks of downtime, the mirror display on the external monitor does not work.. How do I correct the issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Robert Vaughan2, Feb 21, 2024.

1. how to Mirror screen on external monitor

After restarting my Dell after two weeks of downtime, the mirror display on the external monitor does not work.. How do I correct the issue?

:)

Robert Vaughan2, Feb 21, 2024

2. screen mirroring

Hi Hatty,

There is a way for you to control the remote screen whenever you are trying to mirror it from one device to another. To provide you an appropriate solution, please provide us the following information:

• Which device are you using to mirror on your laptop?
    • Are you using an app to mirror the device on your laptop?
    • Are you able to use your mouse and keyboard on your laptop even if you are not playing a game while mirroring it from a device?

If you haven't tried to use your mouse outside a game while projecting to the PC, you may follow the steps below to allow your mouse and keyboard to control the remote screen:

• Open Action Center.
    • Click the Connect button.
    • Click the name of the device you're trying to project.
    • Check the Allow input from a keyboard or mouse connected to this display
      option as necessary.

Loraine Mon, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

Redirecting

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Entegy Win User

how to Mirror screen on external monitor

External touch screen monitor to a HTC HD7?

Because Windows Phone doesn't support mirroring displays, and phones that can do mirroring don't support touch on the external monitor anyway. You cannot project your HD7's screen to another display.

Entegy, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

how to Mirror screen on external monitor

1. how to Mirror screen on external monitor - Similar Threads - Mirror screen external

2. how to Mirror screen on external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to Mirror screen on external monitor: After restarting my Dell after two weeks of downtime, the mirror display on the external monitor does not work.. How do I correct the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mirror-screen-on-external-monitor/bfd2ccfb-d0cc-4611-850c-48ca78de12f2
  3. monitors are mirroring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitors are mirroring: I have been using 2 monitors for the last couple of years. I had to take my tower to the shop and get repairs. When I got it back, I have not been able to get both monitors to work without them mirroring each other. I have tried everything, but I'm having no luck. Both...
  4. monitors are mirroring

monitors are mirroring: I have been using 2 monitors for the last couple of years. I had to take my tower to the shop and get repairs. When I got it back, I have not been able to get both monitors to work without them mirroring each other. I have tried everything, but I'm having no luck. Both...
  5. monitors are mirroring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How to fix mirrored dual monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix mirrored dual monitors?: So, one day, I go onto Netflix, play a game and suddenly my monitors freeze. I restarted my computer and now I have dual mirrored monitors. I don't know how to fix this....
  7. How to fix mirrored dual monitors?

How to fix mirrored dual monitors?: So, one day, I go onto Netflix, play a game and suddenly my monitors freeze. I restarted my computer and now I have dual mirrored monitors. I don't know how to fix this....
  8. How to fix mirrored dual monitors?

9. Laptop monitor damaged - need to mirror to external and disable internal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop monitor damaged - need to mirror to external and disable internal: I dropped my Dell and monitor lights but cannot see anything. Connected an external monitor HDMI but not seeing anything. Need some keyboard commands to get it to mirror or extended and then make external primary and disable internal....
  10. how to mirror 2nd monitor to 3rd monitor

how to mirror 2nd monitor to 3rd monitor: I was using win 7 with 3 monitors, extending desktop to second monitor and mirroring the second on the third monitor. I don't see how to do this in Win 10. Option not available?...